Preview 2024 Rd 18 Carlton vs Bevo's Bullies Saturday 13th July 4:35PM AEST @ Marvel Stadium - #CRIPPS200

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

My worry is that we are carrying too many non goal kicking forwards. Cincotta who tags a midfielder from half forward. Cottrell and Fogarty is not inspiring.

Our midfield needs to lift after the beating it copped last week.

Soapy V think this side could run out?

Cottrell has 8 from 10 matches, Cincotta 7 for the season, all in the past 5 matches

I was told early in week that Weitering unlikely. Now has until tomorrow to declare himself ready. Still very sore

Charlie I haven’t heard anything definitive
Both probably need a week. Question is can we afford it. I think Voss has tried to toughen players up. You play with injuries and you play well. But there is a line between this and you're injured and playing poorly and need a rest.

A key component of Hawthorn's success was resting gun players. Are we there yet?

Both probably need a week. Question is can we afford it. I think Voss has tried to toughen players up. You play with injuries and you play well. But there is a line between this and you're injured and playing poorly and need a rest.

A key component of Hawthorn's success was resting gun players. Are we there yet?

No.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

How does that work happy for them to miss as long as we win ?
Gets their bodies right. Both seem to have injuries. Curnow has been a turnover point for us the way he is and Weitering apparently in under doubt.

Pretty sure leaving out both Curnow & Weitering out tomorrow is taking the opposition for granted.

Both don't seem to have injuries of significance & maintaining a good position on the ladder is important as going interstate to win finals is a tough challenge.
Manage the list against lesser opposition in the run home.

Weitering is not replaceable in our back half & the Dogs also have two key forwards capable of kicking 4-5 goals each
No Naughton, which is the other one?

That team wouldn’t get within 4 goals of the dogs.

I hope it does, incase we get to see it. Is the difference between 2nd and 11th a couple of players? Maybe, it's a close comp.

Disagree, JW yes Charlie no, Charlie has been the worst performing forward in the AFL in terms of conversion from the number of times he is kicked to goals in the last 6 weeks.

On SM-S918B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Obviously you keep the missing the spare defender which almost every team roll onto Charlie which sees him competing with two in the air at every contest?

Gets their bodies right. Both seem to have injuries. Curnow has been a turnover point for us the way he is and Weitering apparently in under doubt.

No Naughton, which is the other one?

I hope it does, incase we get to see it. Is the difference between 2nd and 11th a couple of players? Maybe, it's a close comp.
Not sure why we are advocating resting Weitering & Curnow against a team that can be dangerous, this is not the game to do this.
Pretty sure they have niggles, but not serious enough to miss this one.

Darcy is going to be very good, capable of kicking goals without doubt, Jamara is also likely to be dangerous.

Not sure why we are advocating resting Weitering & Curnow against a team that can be dangerous, this is not the game to do this.
Pretty sure they have niggles, but not serious enough to miss this one.

Darcy is going to be very good, capable of kicking goals without doubt, Jamara is also likely to be dangerous.

Yep.

There are no easy games anymore in the afl.Gone are the days you can rest players against lowly sides.You only need to be a bit off and you lose.

Dogs will bring the pressure tomorrow regardless of who’s not out there.

Fascinating seeing the response to the rumour of Marchy’s pending ”retirement” coupled with his selection this week.
Just a gentle reminder to those who may have forgotten, he was one of our best players in a preliminary final in 2023, less than 12 months ago.
That was one game. Regardless he is not available enough to represent value to the team

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Disagree, JW yes Charlie no, Charlie has been the worst performing forward in the AFL in terms of conversion from the number of times he is kicked to goals in the last 6 weeks.

On SM-S918B using BigFooty.com mobile app
This is a rubbish take. A side from last week he has brought the ball to ground and our smalls have scored. Last week H was able to get off the chain due to a favourable match up.We got 6 from our talls which is better than the average return for the season

If you may indulge me for a moment. I have lived for great many a day. Trials and tribulations many. Celebrations too. In the stands and in the seats. I’ve watched them alll come and go.

I’ve mostly cheered. Usually supported. Sometimes let myself down. I once questioned the integrity of a Carlton great who never deserved it. And to him I owe a personal debt.

That man has consumed himself in the lessons of Ted Lasso. In one of the greatest cinematic scenes of all time of (the ‘darts scene’) Ted Lasso tells the story about Walt Whitman who says “be curious, not judgemental”. And he goes on to be victorious.

Well, Walt Whitman also wrote the famous line (about Abe Lincoln) “My Captain My Captain” to which all the students stand on their desks in honour of the Robin Williams character (Keating) in Dead Poets Society. A man they, as I did, let down when it mattered most. He deserved my support not criticism.

I cannot be with you all today. I so wish I was. For if I was I would apologise to you, you great man, with a simple act. I’d stand on my seat and say, with tears running down my face: “oh Captain my Captain”.

For you Patrick Cripps, are on the Mount Rushmore of Carlton men now.

And soon, as Abe Lincoln most certainly is, you may be the very best of them all.

Carpe diem Patrick.
Xxxx

Weitering - Darcy
Marchbank - JUH
Saad - weightman

Lobb - McKay
Khamis - TDK
Coffield - Curnow

Cincotta - Dale

Head to head in the middle
Bont - Cripps
Cerra - Treloar
Kennedy - Libba
Walsh - Richards
That Kamis - TDK match-up does look rather delicious, in our favour.

Baku is just 191 cm's, would be giving away all of 10 cm's.

My prediction Tom to kick a career best 6 goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back