Preview 2024 Rd 18 Carlton vs Bevo's Bullies Saturday 13th July 4:35PM AEST @ Marvel Stadium - #CRIPPS200

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you may indulge me for a moment. I have lived for great many a day. Trials and tribulations many. Celebrations too. In the stands and in the seats. I’ve watched them alll come and go.

I’ve mostly cheered. Usually supported. Sometimes let myself down. I once questioned the integrity of a Carlton great who never deserved it. And to him I owe a personal debt.

That man has consumed himself in the lessons of Ted Lasso. In one of the greatest cinematic scenes of all time of (the ‘darts scene’) Ted Lasso tells the story about Walt Whitman who says “be curious, not judgemental”. And he goes on to be victorious.

Well, Walt Whitman also wrote the famous line (about Abe Lincoln) “My Captain My Captain” to which all the students stand on their desks in honour of the Robin Williams character (Keating) in Dead Poets Society. A man they, as I did, let down when it mattered most. He deserved my support not criticism.

I cannot be with you all today. I so wish I was. For if I was I would apologise to you, you great man, with a simple act. I’d stand on my seat and say, with tears running down my face: “oh Captain my Captain”.

For you Patrick Cripps, are on the Mount Rushmore of Carlton men now.

And soon, as Abe Lincoln most certainly is, you may be the very best of them all.

Carpe diem Patrick.
Xxxx
Well Done Clapping GIF by MOODMAN

Every side contending for the 8 this year has had a lean and or poor patch.

Saw some signs last week that were concerning, so if this is our lean patch, hopefully we can still find a way to get over the line

I think we will respond, us by 4 goals
It would have been difficult to extend the winning streak to the end of the season and into the finals. Team will be stung by last week’s performance and will bounce back strongly today in Crippa’s 200th.

Feeling bullish, blues by 55 points.

Not sure why we are advocating resting Weitering & Curnow against a team that can be dangerous, this is not the game to do this.
Pretty sure they have niggles, but not serious enough to miss this one.

Darcy is going to be very good, capable of kicking goals without doubt, Jamara is also likely to be dangerous.
Or do we want the version of Curnow last week where not only did he not win the footy but was a turnover point for us? Do we want Weitering on one leg having goals kicked against him or do we want Durdin who is fit?

If they are fit fine, go for it, but a good player who's playing badly is still a player playing badly. If we pick them and they don't get up and play well then we are better off playing a fit player of lesser ability aren't we?

Last edited:
If you may indulge me for a moment. I have lived for great many a day. Trials and tribulations many. Celebrations too. In the stands and in the seats. I’ve watched them alll come and go.

I’ve mostly cheered. Usually supported. Sometimes let myself down. I once questioned the integrity of a Carlton great who never deserved it. And to him I owe a personal debt.

That man has consumed himself in the lessons of Ted Lasso. In one of the greatest cinematic scenes of all time of (the ‘darts scene’) Ted Lasso tells the story about Walt Whitman who says “be curious, not judgemental”. And he goes on to be victorious.

Well, Walt Whitman also wrote the famous line (about Abe Lincoln) “My Captain My Captain” to which all the students stand on their desks in honour of the Robin Williams character (Keating) in Dead Poets Society. A man they, as I did, let down when it mattered most. He deserved my support not criticism.

I cannot be with you all today. I so wish I was. For if I was I would apologise to you, you great man, with a simple act. I’d stand on my seat and say, with tears running down my face: “oh Captain my Captain”.

For you Patrick Cripps, are on the Mount Rushmore of Carlton men now.

And soon, as Abe Lincoln most certainly is, you may be the very best of them all.

Carpe diem Patrick.
Xxxx

Great post !

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Or do we want the version of Curnow last week where not only did he not win the footy but was a turnover point for us? Do we want Weitering on one leg having goals kicked against him or do we want Durdin who is fit?

If they are fit fine, go for it, but a good player who's playing badly is still a player playing badly. If we pick them and they don't get up and play well then we are better off playing a fit player of lesser ability aren't we?
They both have minor niggles, they have trained during the week & coach indicated both would play, so l believe Voss tends not to play games and expect both will play.
This is a important game & need to maintain our position should be a priority, no problem managing players in the run in, but l expect both are fit enough to play this one.

Does anyone know if I am able to scan my away membership for entry into today’s game?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

If anyone is selling regular adult tickets to this game, could you let me know please. Folks (who have attended virtually every week for 40 odd years, missed out, which is sad with it being Crippa’s 200th). Bloody Marvel - these games should all be at the G. I scored standing room but they’re too old to stand. Cheers

If anyone is selling regular adult tickets to this game, could you let me know please. Folks (who have attended virtually every week for 40 odd years, missed out, which is sad with it being Crippa’s 200th). Bloody Marvel - these games should all be at the G. I scored standing room but they’re too old to stand. Cheers
There's normally unreserved seating up on level 3 - so if you've already scored standing room, you should be able to scan in and then head up to the top deck and get a few seats.

You may want to get there a little early though. The risk is of course is that you get there and there's no unreserved seating, but every game I've gone to this year, there's been seats available.

There's normally unreserved seating up on level 3 - so if you've already scored standing room, you should be able to scan in and then head up to the top deck and get a few seats.

You may want to get there a little early though. The risk is of course is that you get there and there's no unreserved seating, but every game I've gone to this year, there's been seats available.

Yeah, thanks BH. I wasn’t aware of that until yesterday and by then the standing room tix had all sold out as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back