Autopsy 2024 Rd 20 Loss to Port - Top 4 in jeopardy

Who played well for the Blues in Round 20 vs the Power?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

A river in Egypt

Peace Out Goodbye GIF by NETFLIX

In case it’s escaped anyone’s attention, we are a team with poor skills, very slow using a pretty slow game plan.

For it to work the players have to absolute hard working warriors.
No acres, doc, H, JSos and TDK who are our hardest workers.

We end up left with the fig jams and conditional players who’ll take turns letting us down.

Our delivery/decision making into fwd 50 is just f*****g appalling.
Yeah let’s hit up Fog while he has Asava and ZT on him….Cottrell fmd

Disgraceful downfield free against Newman changed the flow.

We desperately need a KPD (Barass) and quick mid with good skills (Bailey Smith)

Im usually wrong about most things, so I’ll say our flag chances are done.

I don't think you are wrong. We needed a good year injury wise to win the flag. We've made a good fist of our early season injuries, but it's all a bit too much now. We have way too many role players who can't get the ball.

We have maybe 7 supposed elite players. a few vital players a step down, and then a whole lot of ... foot soldiers.

I think we are done. We've pulled a reverse uno on last season.

Take away the fact we lost, im more concerned with coaching & player decisions at the moment.

We seem to tweak things when they don't need to be tweaked & then we don't tweak the things we do need to...

It's like we are trying to be too smart for our own good. It smells of arrogance when we haven't accomplished anything yet

I don't care that we are likely to lose 2nd on the ladder I'm more worried about our form and confidence going into finals

Also Walsh needs to remember its a team game and him trying to throw his weight around instead of disposing of the ball is hurting us. He's no Voss & he's not Cripps, it's time he realised he an aerobic player who burns opposition by his run

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bit of perspective - we were genuinely destroyed by the umpires for 120mins. That won’t happen in finals. That was a comfortable 20 point win otherwise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What game were you watching? Port deserved that every day of the week? We deserved nothing. And we got exactly that. Changes are needed before the end of the year and I'll back our team to do it. But, no matter what we do, we are now facing an interstate prelim (if we get there). This is where Voss earns his money 😁

Boyd still injured/sore but we had no one else and would have played if needed
That’s how bad we are struggling now for options
I’m also told Cuningham had a sore shoulder going into the game

From what sitting on the bench while he was the sub last week? Seriously though, he might be a good guy but he has to be gone with Marchbank.

Can’t keep all these injury prone people on lists, if we had an injured Boyd as an emergency as we had little else to pick from….there are two spots that could of gone to someone else who might of been able to help us.

How a fit Jack Martin didn't get a game in this side is beyond me.

Hasn’t strung 4 quarters together in the 2s over 2 games…..It would have been a little desperate to play him this week:..i think we have no choice but to play him next week…hopefully he’s having a good running session tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Disappointed in the loss

had our chances and didn’t take them with some dumb football

I expect we drop one more game this H&A barring any further injuries

Go again for finals- wherever we finish

I’ve written and deleted a few thoughts on the quality of some of the posts I have read but honestly can’t be bothered dealing with the shit that follows.

Needless to say, it was nothing positive or constructive, keeping in the theme of the majority of this thread

TDK is a massive loss to this team.
Completely changes the dynamic of the midfield and how the game looks for us.
Pitto is a plodder .. with Cripps Hewett and Walsh in the middle it’s all plodders.

Can’t see us turning this around over the next month. Need to win minimum 3 of 4 to make top 4 and if we don’t pull our fingers out we’ll be lucky to scrape into the 8.

There’s no such thing as an easy game in AFL football right now.
I’m not confident of beating anybody, Saints and Eagles will look at us as a late scalp with the structural weaknesses we have!

With TDK out and Pitto rucking most sides will look at our midfield and feel they can expose us for spread really easily.. We’re playing one down in there now when the ball hits the deck and with a ruckman who gives us zilch around the ground, and we have no leg speed at all apart from Saad no one can break a line.

Carrol sorry I just don’t see it. Slow, no awareness just don’t think he’ll make it unfortunately.
Kemp is not a defender. Seriously he’s nearly involved in every goal against us somehow.
pitto if we dont look to trade him at years end we are derelict in our duty.

If all our stars aren’t firing - Cripps, Walsh, Curnow Harry weiters and TDK we are an also ran football team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2024 Rd 20 Loss to Port - Top 4 in jeopardy

Back