Autopsy 2024 Rd 21 Carlton vs Collingwood 3 point loss - is our season over?

Who played well for the Blues in Round 21 vs the Pies?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

It may be frustrating - how simple the game really is - boils down to

1. Allowing less scoring opportunities and conversion
2. Creating more scoring opportunities
3. Converting scoring opportunities

using this algebra removes a lot of noise.
JaB, the above is What needs to be done to win a game and is fairly straight forward. It’s the How do you go about achieving what you want is the tricky part - depends on available players, skill execution, coaching moves etc.

JaB, the above is What needs to be done to win a game and is fairly straight forward. It’s the How do you go about achieving what you want is the tricky part - depends on available players, skill execution, coaching moves etc.
yeah for sure,

except when it comes to conversion of set shots 20-30 meters out dead in front- there is nothing 'tricky' about the analysis - too many games lost because of this imo- I dont trust any of our forwards to kick a goal - ever. Strange to say - with 2 Coleman medalists on board. but here you have it- so many times missing the easier set shots has cost games.

I've seen Motlop kick a goal from 50 meters out on teh boundary - but making an easy set shot to put us. in front from 20 meters out was too much apparently.

KICKING 1:8 after the mids totally dominated the game....Carlton should have led at quarter time by 4 goals instead the obvious tremours just gave Collingwood confidence. Happens far too often sorry to say.

Just forced myself to watch the replay, last qt only, I haven’t seen the rest of the game.
Harry, I love you, but you need to put on 10-15kgs and become our Tom Hawkins.
To see you ragdolled by ****ing Framptom, and pushed aside by Howe on the goal line is just embarrassing.

Just forced myself to watch the replay, last qt only, I haven’t seen the rest of the game.
To see you ragdolled by f***ing Framptom, and pushed aside by Howe on the goal line is just embarrassing.
He has been a lightweight fall over feet at the slightest breeze type for years now - who tries too much to game a free and not enough to bowl some defenders over.

To see you ragdolled by f***ing Framptom, and pushed aside by Howe on the goal line is just embarrassing.

That's his mental side of the game, he like a few others are, hate to say it, "soft" in the contest, plays for the free kick instead of, "this is my ball, you are not going to beat me"
I have said it before about Harry, he has the build and skills to destroy games and opposition backs, he could turn games off his own accord, unfortunately he doesn't know it.

Were they faster when we played Geelong?

You don't take guys out of your side when they are performing well and replace them with guys who come back from long term injuries without a run in the 2's to get some touch back especially when your side is performing well.

Cerra may be classier, but has struggle to find his best, Cottrell, yeah he can run, but you take guys out who are averaging 20-30 possessions a game and replace it with 6, well you created a problem for your self.

May be slow, but both have footy smarts and if you want to beat them to the ball you are going to have to earn it.

Geelong not a great example. That was a game of Russian Roulette that we won well. But Russian Roulette can go either way as we've seen over the past month.

This is it a nutshell - we arent coached well and are a middle of the road side - We have 3 or 4 guns then it drops away - good sides beat us Port, Gws, Dogs , Coll and we beat bad sides - pretty simple - Curnow and Mackay cant fire when on good defenders - oh the pain as Dr Smith in Lost In Space would say

To see you ragdolled by ****ing Framptom, and pushed aside by Howe on the goal line is just embarrassing.
I missed our game against filth (overseas) so I’m watching replay now.

H getting bumped by frampton 😂😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2024 Rd 21 Carlton vs Collingwood 3 point loss - is our season over?

Back