Team is in …

IMG_8144.jpeg

MILESTONE: Jack Martin 150 AFL Games

IMG_8145.jpeg

Mar 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Carlton-vs-Coll.png

Well the sky is falling down at Ikon park... Our players stink, coaches have no idea and Slobbo and his pack of feral Dons lovers in the media are desperately trying to divert attention from * never ending annual collapse post mid season bye... Or so I've been told...

In reality the Blues ARE struggling at the moment, with minnow clubs like North Melbourne and Ross Lyon's Stains determined to inflict as much pain on the contenders as possible before the end of the season, the Blues and others are a bit banged up and panic has ensued amongst their supporter bases, worrying that the current form of their side is the reality they face for the rest of the season. But what's really going on with the Blues?

The Blues set themselves up through the mid part of the season perfectly, heading into their game vs GWS sitting comfortably at 2nd on the ladder playing scintillating football that was instilling the fear of God into Filth and * supporters that the Blues would finally overcome their 21st century demons and go on to win #17 at the conclusion of the 2024 season. At the end of the first quarter against the GIANTS the Blues were the talk of the town on BigFooty and Twitter... Since then the wheels have fallen off a bit for the Blues, injuries and form have seen them revert back to leaking easy goals and struggling to win the stoppage battle which they've been so prolific at over the course of Voss' tenure. Opposition half key forwards are dining out on the undersized defenders not named Jacob Weitering and their running half backs have been getting off the chain while Alex Cincotta has been working at nullifying the oppositions best on ballers. It's highlighted a few weaknesses in the Blues list that to the outside only look to be solvable by members of the rehab ward returning to the field or the fringe Blues magically finding form again like earlier in the season.

Then we get to the mighty Carringbush... A putrid team led by a fraudulent peroxide blonde captain who's more interested in discussing his private sleeping arrangements with the public than he is in defending an opponent in 2024. They've been ravaged by injury this year since miraculously fluking the 2023 premiership in what can only be remembered as one of the all time MCG choke jobs by the Brisbane Brions. However, the Pies have been able to reproduce some of their 2023 form on the odd occasion... The Blues would be hoping this Saturday is not one of them.

So the Blues will look to bounce back from a poor month of form while the Pies will be looking to get their beloved golden child Nicky Daicos his maiden Brownlow in an attempt to salvage the only glimmer of hope left in their season.

My predictions?

Curnow and Hollands to combine for 8 goals between them as Darcy Moore adjusts his headband on repeat

Cripps to be held by Collingwood scraggers while the rest of the Blues midfield return to form with a BOG performance from Adam Cerra back in the midfield.

Pies fans to collectively sulk and whinge about Charlie Curnow getting a single free kick for the game and Nicky Daicos not featuring in the votes to rule him out of Brownlow contention.

Blues by 38.

Last edited:
Out: Young, Cerra, Cuningham, Carroll, Cottrell
In: McKay, Acres, Lord, Martin, Boyd

Newman Weitering Kemp
Saad McGovern Boyd
O Hollands Cripps Acres
Kennedy McKay Martin
Owies Curnow Motlop
Pittonet Hewett Walsh

E Hollands, Lord, Cincotta, Fogarty

Sub: Cowan

Pendles 400th next week. They will get up for him! We couldn’t get up for Cripps’ 200th. We are 2% chance as we have no heart or desire. More I watch I honestly think the tight wins are just luck! We will have no chance if coaches don’t pick right team. Young??? Seriously, what were they thinking!!! And how does Ollie get a game? Bins had 47 and 3!!!! We lose a wingman and doesn’t get a game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We win maybe 1 more game this season against West Coast. Pies will demolish us next week. Well and truly cooked. Gotta trade out the deadwood at year end, players always injured, Martin, Marchbank and Cunningham included. 2025 must make top 2.
Yep we will drop out of 8! We also need to get out of marvel contract ASAP! Play like poo there compared to G!

8 day turnaround will help in a big way

Out Cuners, Kemp, Ollie, Carroll
In Martin, Boyd, Acres, Harry

Stop protecting Cerra's hammies, stick him in the middle

If Martin breaks down, so be it

This x 1000 Leave Young in and play him back…he can’t be any worse than Kemp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This x 1000 Leave Young in and play him back…he can’t be any worse than Kemp

Kemp is a victim of the shit matchups the coaches keep giving him.

He's not a ****ing full back capable of playing on 200cm+ gorillas.

If they are thinking of playing him on Mason Cox they may as well give him the week off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everyone that shat on cerra would wanna be keeping that same energy with walsh. Have little impact in the middle recently. Has not broken a tackle in a month

Got to run around without a tag tonight for the first time in awhile.

Looked okay early when it was all easy but wasn't up for the fight in the second half.

Certainly won't take any brownlow votes off Crippa this year.

You know how it works, some players at 80% offer more than guys at 95%
Totally understand. But I just think when you make a statement like rewarding great vfl form and then we are now thinking Martin will come in from doing nothing to not even listing Binns as a Sub just doesn’t feel right for me

Totally understand. But I just think when you make a statement like rewarding great vfl form and then we are now thinking Martin will come in from doing nothing to not even listing Binns as a Sub just doesn’t feel right for me

Could you imagine playing Binns over the last 4 weeks, in fact after 1 game such as GWS, the same people wanting him in the side would be calling for his head

Binns name only gathered traction after we beat a poor Pies outfit, prior to that he was serviceable and hardly mentioned

People thinking blooding the likes of Binns will somehow move the needle, resulting or being the difference in winning or losing, really haven't been watching

Could you imagine playing Binns over the last 4 weeks, in fact after 1 game such as GWS, the same people wanting him in the side would be calling for his head

Binns name only gathered traction after we beat a poor Pies outfit, prior to that he was serviceable and hardly mentioned

People thinking blooding the likes of Binns will somehow move the needle, resulting or being the difference in winning or losing, really haven't been watching
I’d say Binns has done well at vfl level this year and imo warrants a call up over the likes of Carroll or 1 of the 3 smalls that do next to nothing if the rest of the team aren’t killing it.

You’re right, Binns is just a name that popped up this week for many but I’ve liked what he has done in the 2s all year.

I would have preferred him in tonight’s lineup over 1 of the smalls as mentioned or Carroll, but that’s just my opinion. I think we need someone else who can find the pill and maybe he might have floundered tonight, but maybe we could have blooded him and he could have done well.

I’d seriously pack up the boys and go to Noosa or Cairns for the week. Get away together, some warmer weather and swim in the surf. Great for recovery

Hopefully McKay Acres Boyd Williams are fit. We need any class back we can get

Reserves not playing hurts, will be tempted to play Martin and would have been good to see Binns & Lord push their case for a game

I’d say Binns has done well at vfl level this year and imo warrants a call up over the likes of Carroll or 1 of the 3 smalls that do next to nothing if the rest of the team aren’t killing it.

You’re right, Binns is just a name that popped up this week for many but I’ve liked what he has done in the 2s all year.

I would have preferred him in tonight’s lineup over 1 of the smalls as mentioned or Carroll, but that’s just my opinion. I think we need someone else who can find the pill and maybe he might have floundered tonight, but maybe we could have blooded him and he could have done well.

Binns has been good for 18 months. Some ups and downs but his form is better than anyone else we have in the 2s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back