Autopsy 2024 Rd 9 Blues hold on in 1 point thriller

Who played well for the Blues in Round 9 vs the Demons?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Alright, that's enough.

The next poster who thinks they should have a crack at an individual or a collective reaction to this game is going to find themselves threadbanned. Terms like 'bleaters' or 'shit posters' will see things escalated further.

Let's discuss our views on the match without getting the knives out, please.

Our inability to win a game by holding the opposition at arms length or maybe even “pulling away” in unbelievable. All night my son and I were discussing how we’d let them back in it. This is the Blues.

Great to get the win, but there’s as much to be frustrated about there as there is elated.

The "take the win" mentality is why we'll never be serious contenders.

I'm actually shocked that people could celebrate that. We just got seriously exposed.
Lighten up mate. We played a premiership contender, flogged them early and probably went defensive a bit early.

Would we be allowed to celebrate a grand final win if we won in similar circumstances?

Cover over cracks again. After our first quarter we should have won easily but of course not.

That's not how football works, especially against fellow contenders.

I think its not actually that surprising. We spent a heap of petrol tickets earlier in the game and are carrying a few less than ideally prepped players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Despite the umpires best efforts, seriously what the **** was that last half of umpiring?

Blake Acres hero, Cripps Walsh huge, throw the rest of the night in the bin

Melbourne are a very good team. Take the 4 points and onto Sydney. I’m Ok with the win. Very good first half. Cerra went off and we lost our dominance. The Adelaide loss is the one that gives me the shits still.

Win next week and we’re in business with the hard part of the draw done with some injuries. Would mean we went 3-2 against GWS, Pies, Cats, Dees and Swans. All likely top 4 contenders.

We played well for 3 and a half quarters. The rain came harder, the ground was more heavy going, and our game style is taxing. These guys left it all out there on the field. We were out on our feet.

We just don’t seem to be able to put a result to bed when we’re well on top - always give away a couple of soft goals, lose momentum and then try to run down the clock from way too far out.

That being said, we put a much better lineup on the field tonight and there should be some real improvement over the next few eels.

Autopsy 2024 Rd 9 Blues hold on in 1 point thriller

Back