VFL 2024 - Reserves Game Day discussion Rnds 2 - 21 (Merged threads)

Remove this Banner Ad

Marchbank getting a reminder that his athleticism is a bit behind where it needs to be.

Any one else think Motlop doesn't look fit? Body shape looks thick.
Missed alot of footy so could be the reason why he isn't in the seniors
He looks a little more muscular/less lean than I'd like for the sake of his mobility, but he's also running end to end at the moment.

Has the body of an on-baller, so perhaps he should see more time there. Either way he, Carroll and Cuningham are putting their hands up for selection.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lord is strong over the ball and clocks miles, but speed and agility remain a concern as he tires. Interested to see what a pre-season does for him.
Had to manage his loads after departing North and training with us says to me their standards were fairly ordinary much like when May left GCS and found himself lacking fitness at Melbourne. Keen to see his progress from a pre season with Crippa and Walshy etc.

My take away.

Motlop is primed and busting down the door. Exactly what we had hoped would happen.

We have Cuningham and Lord also pushing for senior selection which is amazing.

Third and final take, I still want Conor Stone in Navy Blue next year. Looks a very good type and currently OOC at GWS. Definitely the guy I hope we nab

Had to manage his loads after departing North and training with us says to me their standards were fairly ordinary much like when May left GCS and found himself lacking fitness at Melbourne. Keen to see his progress from a pre season with Crippa and Walshy etc.
Yeah, when he came across from North, we didn't see him for a few weeks before making his debut. Wouldn't be surprised if Russell put him through a training block to give him work on his fitness.

From what we've seen so far though, he looks a real prospect....even when you compare him to early this year, you can see his game has already elevated.

Remove this Banner Ad

VFL 2024 - Reserves Game Day discussion Rnds 2 - 21 (Merged threads)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back