Swans Match Day Hub
VFL: 10:05am at Tramway Oval​
SCG Gates open: 11:45am AEST​
The March: 12:50pm​
AFL team run out: 1:34pm​
AFL First bounce: 1:45pm​

AFL Match Centre

Channel 7 @ 1.30pm
Fox Footy: From 1.30pm on Channel 503 with Leigh Montagna, Dermott Brereton, Nick Dal Santo, Alastair Lynch

AFL Team Selections

Sydney:
In:
Callum Mills
Out: Isaac Heeney (Suspension) :mad:
Mills 2024 round 18.jpg
IC: Braeden Campbell, Sam Wicks,Justin McInerney,Taylor Adams, Hayden McLean
I'd assume Wicks to be sub.​

North Melbourne:
In:
George Wardlaw
Out: Will Phillips (Omitted) !

2024 round 18 stats.jpg

Umpires
Robert O'Gorman (10), Nathan Toner (25), Andrew Adair (36), Jordan Fry (39)​
Most Recent games:

DateVenueHome v Away TeamsResultHigh DisposalsHigh Goals
Round 10, 20 May 2023Marvel StadiumNorth Melbourne defeated by Sydney90-93B. Scott 33L. Franklin 3
Round 21, 7 Aug 2022Marvel StadiumNorth Melbourne defeated by Sydney88-126J. Simpkin 31
J. Stephenson 31
N. Larkey 7
Round 4, 9 Apr 2022SCGSydney defeats North Melbourne86-75J. Simpkin 33J. Ziebell 5
Round 22, 14 Aug 2021Marvel StadiumNorth Melbourne defeated by Sydney77-91A. Hall 30C. Zurhaar 3
W. Hayward 3
Round 3, 20 Jun 2020Marvel StadiumNorth Melbourne defeated by Sydney60-71J. Simpkin 26B. Brown 3
Round 9, 18 May 2019Blundstone ArenaNorth Melbourne defeated by Sydney72-77J. Ziebell 35T. Papley 4
Round 17, 15 Jul 2018Marvel StadiumNorth Melbourne defeated by Sydney98-104S. Higgins 33J. Ziebell 5
B. Ronke 5
Round 7, 5 May 2018SCGSydney defeated by North Melbourne66-68S. Higgins 31
J. Kennedy 31
M. Wood 4
Round 8, 14 May 2017Marvel StadiumNorth Melbourne defeated by Sydney78-120J. Kennedy 37S. Reid 3
Round 22, 20 Aug 2016Blundstone ArenaNorth Melbourne defeated by Sydney76-85D. Hannebery 33B. Harvey 3

Since 2016, the Swans have only been beaten by North in 2018.

1. Would really, really :heart: at least a 6 goal win.
2. No injuries.
3. Let's spread our multiple goals across 10+ players = 20 goals 🎯 :p
4. No controversial umpire decisions.
5. Let's spread our (usual) high pressure across four quarters
6. Win the game.

Bloods by 19 points

Just do it Bloods

#ProudlySydney #GoBloods #GoSwans #Bloods #SYD150

Just hope Mills is up to the tempo. Can see him being subbed with managed minutes. Likely plays Midfield with Heeney out but hope to see him play a little behind the ball to organise our defence.

Interesting to see which version of the Swans we get after the last two games we just looked wildly off the boil. Two losses when three games clear on top really isn't that bad. Three losses and the heat from the chasing pack starts to intensify whilst our status as 'the clear best side' becomes a little less convincing.

Will Phillips omission seems an odd one, and one that has the potential to backfire on North. With Heeney out, there's no greater chance to try a hard tag on one of our mids and have it actually be effective.

And finally, this is just a beautiful, monumental sight for long-time believers* in the Mills/Rowbottom midfield supremacy.

IMG_2891.jpeg

Even though I think it's actually Adams who will have more midfield time and Mills will be deployed at half back or the wing.

*It is me. I am the long-time believer in the Mills/Rowbottom midfield supremacy.

Wardlaw is a big in for them has been very effective.

North look to be a team on the rise where you dismiss them at your own peril. Have an off day and they’ll nab it.

However, developing teams like North can fall to pieces as it’s hard for them to sustain the required pressure so the Swans just need to bring their own sustained heat in this contest.

We seem to have not been switched on for previous North encounters making them tighter than the ladder positions would suggest.

Can’t speak for the team but there feels like a steely resolve in the air and the Swans are going to be up for this one. Gut feel we will finish strong.

Looking forward to it

A danger game for the Swans with the Roos resurging. The Swans were my best mate's team and my second team - until Nick Davis did an Ollie Henry in seeking the heart of the family bosom. He was my favourite Collingwood player. He was never as good with you guys until that semi final he won off his own boot. Watching him now, I shed a tear for what could have been that wasn't.

A danger game for the Swans with the Roos resurging. The Swans were my best mate's team and my second team - until Nick Davis did an Ollie Henry in seeking the heart of the family bosom. He was my favourite Collingwood player. He was never as good with you guys until that semi final he won off his own boot. Watching him now, I shed a tear for what could have been that wasn't.

Boo ****ing hoo, want to cry about homesickness? What about the original cry baby himself, Anthony Rocca? I bet this was okay? Go away!

Shitting myself for this one, focus on play ons last night from sideways kicks will only exacerbate pressure that we can't really cope with.

Midfield has struggled with clearance and blokes Sheezel and Wardlaw are dangerous.

Add in our slow starts and our capacity to play only 10 minutes of electric footy and then not score for 40 minutes is a concern.

Mills back should be a leveller but Heeney out and the distraction. of the week sets us up to be ripe for the picking AGAIN.

I don't really trust us to come out and make statements, we have never been like that.

The reality is we should be winning this by 10 to 15 goals but we will likely win by 10 points with stress.

Lose this and it will be deadset panic stations and this board will be comedy gold

The words Danger game get thrown around a bit here but this is a DEADSET DANGER GAME. make no mistake we could easily cough this one up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hope today's game is as good as that one. But how could it be?
A slab, a couple of 'jazz cigarettes' 2 of my best mates (ever) from uni in a terrace house in Enmore. Me the only true Swans fans but trying to convert them to AFL's merits from basketball & soccer. I was convinced at 3/4 time we were still in it. They were skeptical. I tell you they could hear us screaming at the SCG on that final goal.

Anthony Rocca sooking it up is the main reason why we have academies

Getting text messages from Vic fans in this ****ing town laughing about Isaac Heeney’s suspension at 6:30am and I’m the one that’s ****ing harsh?

If I talked about Anthony Rocca like that on the Collingwood board I’d be hounded out

I’m just amazed at the decision to drop Will Phillips.

With no Heeney, if Errol, Chad or even Rowy cops a hard tag ….. it’s deeply troubling.

Dropping Phillips is one of the more bizarre selection decisions I’ve seen.

But I’m happy he’s out.

PS: terrific game day thread once again SwansProudly
I'm a bit amazed about it too, actually. Seems an odd decision when you consider we've kept Stephens in against a pretty hard team. Phillips would have had a job to do today when you take into account the amount of mids we're going to have to cover, so yes, it's a strange one. Anyway, good luck guys/gals.

North by 5
Wouldn’t be surprised. A slow start, conceding the first quarter every quarter. Burst football for only 25 mins. Given up a 25 pt lead.

Seriously, this is a game where we should win and lead from siren to siren but we won’t

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back