Trades 2024 Round 3 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Would anyone consider Grundy to Xerri now after getting a bit of a look at both?

I had a thought;

Grundy to Xerri
Gibcus to D’Ambrosio

Luxury trade if I decided;

Dawson to Butters

Thoughts?
I guess if they’re both scoring at a similar rate, then sure, Grundy to Sherry would free up some cap space.

GiB to Mass ✅

I’d probably hold Dawson but hey, I started Wines, Martin AND Young, so what the feck would I know.

Definitely: Young to Stewart/Ryan
Probably: Reid/Coffield to Pink
Maybe: Mannagh/Clark to Carroll/Dempsey (but seems unnecessary, I’m sure both the cats I have will eventually make good cash)

Future trade: Darcy

Is Coffield to Pink or Hore worth it (if so which one)?

I currently have no bench in defense but not sure if either one of these is worth the trade. Or do I wait a week and see?

Surprised at the lack of Harry McKay chatter

Maybe I won't learn from those who have traded in Hogan but at $398k, a -17 BE and some good match-ups coming up, I think he can rocket to $550k and be an easy sideways to any midfield or forward that I like.

Has started out in unreal form, and Harry gets further up the ground to take marks and collect touches than Hogan does.

Round 3: North Melbourne at Marvel. Even in his dreadful at times 2023, he still mustered 14 marks and 4 goals for a 116 in this game. I fear for whomever of Pink or Corr will play on him.
Round 4: Fremantle at AO. Tougher game no doubt, but Daniher plays a similar role to Harry and scored 105 in round one despite his team getting done. Scored 118 against Freo last year.
Round 5: Adelaide at Marvel. Their key defenders are dreadful. I think they'll spend too much time worrying about Charlie to remember Harry can kill them too.
Round 6: GWS at Marvel. I imagine Taylor will take Charlie for most of the day. Potential to score big here too IMO.
Round 7: Geelong at GMHBA. Probably the roughest game I'll list, but once more Harry can outmuscle and outwork the likes of Jack Henry
Round 8: Collingwood at the G. It's a good year to be a key forward against Collingwood. Moore will be on Curnow, and unless Murphy is back (no chance), McKay will have a mismatch.

I think I'm taking the plunge
I started the big H, reckon you are spot on with some possible huge scores in coming weeks. A lot of injured KPD's have left their teams vulnerable down back.

He's looked pretty good in the ruck too just for getting a few extra touches and points per game.

10k short of Young+Zeid to Dambrosio +Serong. FMSC
Do you own Steele? Good option for $100k less than Serong if you need.

Do you own Steele? Good option for $100k less than Serong if you need.
Good call. This is the safe option that I'll do.

Still won't stop me from thinking about plans such as:
- Trade Berry out after 1 week
- Trade in Lefau using a 3rd trade
- Trade out Rowell and make this next weeks problem.

Going Fisher to Berry (over billings) looked a bad idea but it's given me the cash to go lazz > Powell this week which is pretty hype.

Young For NWM seems a must for mine. NWM with the natural average jump of 55 > 85 > 105+ seems to match a pretty standard 3rd year trend and at his price its hard to pass up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Newcombe -> Steele
Terry -> Powell

Next trade im conflicted with:
Option 1 - Rankine -> Heeney as getting murdered by his huge scores
Option 2 - Serry -> Carroll/Sharp/Mannagh

Option 2 is probably the correct long term play but Heeney is killing it
Heeney a bigger priority than a speculative pick like Powell, but he was for last week but is still a good price, last chance at the big dance on him.

Thinking on passing on Pink, as bringing in Powell and McKercher seems more important at this stage

Trades would be: Gibcus > Bramble, T. Berry > Powell, and Duursma > McKercher

$14,200 left in bank, and gives me this:

(Alternatively could go Pink over Bramble, and keep $182,400 for future upgrades, but would need to play Pink on field)

Anyone see anything I’ve missed?

Attachments

• IMG_2280.jpeg
    IMG_2280.jpeg
    88.6 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_2279.jpeg
    IMG_2279.jpeg
    151.8 KB · Views: 33
Heeney a bigger priority than a speculative pick like Powell, but he was for last week but is still a good price, last chance at the big dance on him.
Thanks for your feedback but only way I can afford Heeney instead of Powell is to go Mrouch or Setterfield instead of Steele. Both of those guys could suddenly stop scoring too

I'm torn on whether to stick with my original picks that have sucked so far in Young and Newcombe or trade their sorry arses.

Currently I have done Gibcus to D'Ambrosio, leaving me with $23,400.

Think if I traded Young & Newcombe, first priority would be Heeney, which would leave $552k for a defender. Not sure I like any of the options better over Young.

Leaning towards holding them, and prioritising Powell.

Gibcus to D'Ambrosio
S Berry to J Sharp
T Berry to Powell
$22,400 cash left.

Alternative option is to just concentrate on Rookies for Cash Gen.

Gibcus to D'Ambrosio
S Berry to Sharp
T Berry to O Dempsey
$186,200 cash left.

Thoughts?

1711410130352.png

Is Coffield to Pink or Hore worth it (if so which one)?

I currently have no bench in defense but not sure if either one of these is worth the trade. Or do I wait a week and see?

Wait and see if Hore is named, and where. If he avoids being the sub again, he'll probably make more money faster than Pink.

Pink's job security is better but his scoring potential is lower IMO

Laz or Sexton on chopping block, which one?

If Laz plays and isn't the sub, then Sexton.

I think we think that if Sexton is gonna be a forward pocket, then his scoring is gonna be meh and there are others with stronger claims on a spot in our teams, including Laz.

Laz gets CBAs and did some nice things on the weekend, including the handball assist for Powell's goal. He was tracking for a solid score before he was subbed.

TL;DR Sexton lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Trades 2024 Round 3 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Back