Trades 2024 Round 3 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok guys help me. With the Lyons news my plans have been turned upside down. Here are the options

Option 1
OUT:
SBerry
TBerry
Gibcus

IN:
Mass
Sharp
Powell

this was my original plan, would mean I would hold Lyons for a week
22 players for week

or

OUT:
HYoung
Lyons
SBerry

IN:
Mass
Serong
Powell

Means I still have Gibcus Reid at D7/8 and TBerry in forward. This option also gives me 20 this week

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I think as a collective, they’re strong trades.

HYoung>Mass (downgrade but good)
Lyons>Serong (massive ✔️)
Berry>Powell (win)

20 available not great but not horrible either. Defender bench you can look to fix in the upcoming rounds. It’s a yes from me.

He may be the first of the golden boys to go this year but I think his form warrants staying in the side. Horse is building his confidence playing him in the easiest role on the ground.
Dropping him to the VFL would kill that. Roberts will end up a very good player for you guys. I think he hangs around at least until the byes the real byes that is.

Yeah Julia bye in 2 weeks he's BE should still be good ...at his first bye

He may be the first of the golden boys to go this year but I think his form warrants staying in the side. Horse is building his confidence playing him in the easiest role on the ground.
Dropping him to the VFL would kill that. Roberts will end up a very good player for you guys. I think he hangs around at least until the byes the real byes that is.
Yeah, and looking at my team, I somehow missed the most obvious option to bring in Naicos. I'm still leaning towards getting Bramble this week. Should hopefully be $400k+ when Naicos comes off his bye 🤞

Horse tried getting games into Roberts last year, even though he was starting sub in a few games.

He eventually got into the starting 22 for some games and then got injured.

Horse has spun the magnets around this year with our medium backs (Gull to wing, Fox up Fwd, McInerney wing/fwd) and Cunningham will be out for the next 1-2 games, I think he should hold his spot for the shirt to mid term

What if you have done well first two weeks, have not missed the rookies required, don't need to grab Mas, and are willing to take a risk to further strengthen your team before upgrading say a Yeo in a month's time back to Daicos?

There isn't a right or wrong way to play this game but there is also a sense of mass agreement on a place like this. Everyone is trading the same players in and out. It's a little bit like one big community team at times here

What if the team you’re describing is pure make believe and doesn’t exist 😂

I don’t really care what trades people do haha. Just offering a practical POV. Ironically it suits me best if people trade of Naicos en masse so trade away

keep short or young?
Short has better exposed form but Young probably has a higher ceiling. Trading Young is the safer option, but trading Short probably has greater potential upside. Really depends on what you'd prefer.

Someone talk me out of this…

Miller > Crouch
Fyfe > Powell
Grundy > Jackson

Do not want to miss the Powell train and Fyfe proving to be a liability with the sub risk. Crouch/Miller sideways, but gives me the funds to grab Jackson via Grundy and not miss out on a couple of huge scores coming up…

Miller > Crouch
Fyfe > Powell
Grundy > Jackson

Do not want to miss the Powell train and Fyfe proving to be a liability with the sub risk. Crouch/Miller sideways, but gives me the funds to grab Jackson via Grundy and not miss out on a couple of huge scores coming up… Jackson will eventually be my ticket to English once Darcy is back

Can’t upload photo of my team for reference, but Howes is D6, Sanders, Kerch and Roberts M6-8 and Reid F6 (Flanders & Heeney F1 & 2). Still carrying dead backline, hoping to rectify if Worner is named and Young survives another week… Rank 6k

Last edited:
Anyone reckon Grundy to Jackson is worth it?

At first it was a no given Darcy's impending return but thinking Jackson will average well anyway. Freo will get him up the ground as much as possible. Gives me another player during the round 5 bye where I am struggling.

Plan was initially to flip Grundy to English at the bye but cash for that will be tough. If I pick up Jackson I can switch him forward where he will be a keeper when I eventually have the cash to grab English.

Will require a boost but team is looking pretty good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Miller > Crouch
Fyfe > Powell
Grundy > Jackson

Do not want to miss the Powell train and Fyfe proving to be a liability with the sub risk. Crouch/Miller sideways, but gives me the funds to grab Jackson via Grundy and not miss out on a couple of huge scores coming up…

Touk to Crouch and Grundy to Jackson are wasted trades. You're better off doing a rookie correction if you need to get funds to get Powell.

Wouldn't be rushing to trade Fyfe if I had him either. I understand the weariness with him but he's 1 game removed from a ton.

Touk to Crouch and Grundy to Jackson are wasted trades. You're better off doing a rookie correction if you need to get funds to get Powell.

Wouldn't be rushing to trade Fyfe if I had him either. I understand the weariness with him but he's 1 game removed from a ton.

Thanks, I think I’m just at the point of not settling on my trades this week so trying something different…

Would you say Young to a premo + Powell and rookie correction js a better use of 3 trades?

Thanks, I think I’m just at the point of not settling on my trades this week so trying something different…

Would you say Young to a premo + Powell and rookie correction js a better use of 3 trades?

Something like Young to Whitfield (grabbing him a week early and fielding 21, priced out of Stew/Ryan)
Fyfe to Powell & Sexton to Dempsey?

Rookie corrections should be the priority at the moment if there's an obvious play there.

Young to NWM would be a better way to do Fyfe to Powell if you're keen to ditch Young than Crouch to Touk IMO. Touk looks back to his best this season and if he's not a top 10 mid, he'll be close enough. Young probably a top 10 defender too, but he'll be comfortably cheaper than Touk.

Fwiw, I think Young will come good. I'm only trading him because he's the best option to get me D'Ambrosio. I'm planning my trades based around the assumption that whoever I'm trading lives up to what I expected in pre-season (unless they're injured, dropped or have a terrible role) and evaluating whether they're still worth sacrificing to bring in who I want based on that assumption.

Nice team.

Not a pressing need, but Grundy to Xerri for $$$ ITB and same scores

Grundy has to go soon anyway
I have thought about this but then I would have x, sneeze, mckerh, Powell and Lazzarro, but Lazzarro will be going next week for Darcy. How many is too many roos?

What if the team you’re describing is pure make believe and doesn’t exist 😂

I don’t really care what trades people do haha. Just offering a practical POV. Ironically it suits me best if people trade of Naicos en masse so trade away

Well I've got that and going to trade Daicos.

See you at the top or bottom which ever way I go.

If you were making a priority list on who to move on our of these 3:

Young
Martin
Wines

how would you order them? Young the biggest underperformer but could still be a premo, Martin supposed to be getting DPP right? Could be a handy swingman. Wines almost certainly not a keeper but scoring better than the others at the moment and likely the only one to gain cash.

I feel I get done in by sideways premos a lot which makes me sceptical on trading young... Except I don't know if he's actually a premo

Remove this Banner Ad

Trades 2024 Round 3 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Back