Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

The ultimate test for Ogilvie. Simply has to get this one right.
Get it wrong and not only is his career finished, but it also limits the ceiling of our rebuild.
Feels like it's a difficult pick when we drafted someone last year at pick 8 who we don't really know what he is.
If he's a midfielder then Smillie doesn't make any sense.

Feels like it's a difficult pick when we drafted someone last year at pick 8 who we don't really know what he is.
If he's a midfielder then Smillie doesn't make any sense.
It should be a simple pick - get the best midfielder of those available.
That should be the only consideration.

Not sure why when we could have these 3 in the centre if we wanted

Curtin 197cms
Dawson 193 cms
Edwards 191 cms
I remember watching Smilie early this year and thought he would be a very good player. But the competition says hes not top 5.
Why do we always reach?
Maybe the rest of the competition is right, and we are wrong.

I remember watching Smilie early this year and thought he would be a very good player. But the competition says hes not top 5.
Why do we always reach?
Maybe the rest of the competition is right, and we are wrong.
I think its about what he COULD be, but at 4 I wouldve expected Langford to land with us if anyone outside of the top 4 names.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're the loser not Feen, Feen and I often don't see eye to eye on footy matters but I'll always support his right to his opinion and on this particular discussion I tend to agree with him more than some others opinions. Just remember opinions are like assholes, everyone's got one.
Yes but they are not all of equal worth.

Doesn’t have any footy iq Jones. That’s his biggest issue

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Yep

He's a simple player. Straight ahead, crashes in, plays at one speed.

There's a place for this type and he has good qualities too, just not a very nuanced game or good decision maker. Courageous, aggressive, straight lines the ball, some speed - all ticks.

His 2023 prior to his foot injury playing on the wing is the best he's looked for us. Didn't recapture that in 2024 when he returned sadly. Presumably his off-season was impacted and he had to reduce training loads.

Yep

He's a simple player. Straight ahead, crashes in, plays at one speed.

There's a place for this type and he has good qualities too, just not a very nuanced game or good decision maker. Courageous, aggressive, straight lines the ball, some speed - all ticks.

His 2023 prior to his foot injury playing on the wing is the best he's looked for us. Didn't recapture that in 2024 when he returned sadly. Presumably his off-season was impacted and he had to reduce training loads.
I think there's a chance he finds some form again this year but this would have to be his last chance (NB: I have no idea what his contract status actually is)

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back