Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 34 17.6%
  • No

Votes: 159 82.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I’ve heard from a source very close to him that Nicks has stopped talking to him weeks ago - just ghosted him
Our club seems to really struggle managing the end of our veterans’ careers. So often there’s acrimony or games gifted despite underperformance. It goes way back.

Smith wouldn't like him...

On SM-S928B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Laird obviously would have taken a pride hit, being told he's out of the Midfield ......some of the senior players have no right to be upset

Anytime Coaches make hard decisions .....it's in every Club

Does anyone really expecting wholesale coaching changes this off season? Tbh I'd be stunned if Nicks was let go.
I think there's almost no chance he's gone.
They'll view it as well, that took a step backwards but it's part of the path we're on. Let's work on where do we go from here.

If things don't change next year though....

Does anyone really expecting wholesale coaching changes this off season? Tbh I'd be stunned if Nicks was let go.
We are more likely to lose Rachele than to lose Nicks this off season in terms of probability scenarios. :drunk:

Heard from a source that knows a few players that the senior players really don’t like nicks much . Have lost faith in him. The playing group is not as united as it was .

Not surprising but it's guys like Dawson and Fog that will get Nicks moved on. To me they are the only ones that can make the change happen.

The older group like Smith, Laird, Crouch and Tex are gone as soon as Nicks goes. The new coach will want them all out.

Me too . In fact i was saying that the younger players must be disillusioned when this person said they actually heard senior players don’t really love nicks ! You only have to see lairds body language to see it
Haha of course Laird isn’t happy with being moved out of the midfield 😂

God I hope this means Nicks goes

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If first half of next season is the same as this year then he will be sacked mid year 🤞. Needs to happen for us to move forward

Our club seems to really struggle managing the end of our veterans’ careers. So often there’s acrimony or games gifted despite underperformance. It goes way back.
The senior core we have still grew up watching that environment where the senior players were allowed to call their shot until the very end of the careers. Big contracts, big attention, we've always seemed to run on the premise that you put in 200 games of service to earn that and once you hit that you're in the clique and taken care of for the rest of your career.

Now we're maybe moving towards a more modern/rational structure where we pay on a bell curve, and you still gotta put up performance wise to keep your spot in the side (albeit we move on that one VERY slowly). So there'd still be a few guys probably thinking that this isn't the deal they signed up for.

Not consistent

Consistency is not too bad given the role we have given him and his age. Fumbles is probably the concern - but has been showing some genuine break away speed the second half of this year. Not a disaster to lose him - we already have similar mids that aren’t getting a proper go but would hope a pick around 30

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Would’ve thought it’d be the junior players that don’t like him, interesting

It’s almost untenable when it gets to playing group rift-levels

The one thing (seemingly) that Nicks could hang his hat on is it seems the group have been playing for him and are pretty tight

This week has shown maybe that’s not the case - if there are genuine fractures that could be the catalyst for change

Hoping but not expecting

Not that often a senior coach is sacked post season but does happen

When’s the board due to meet post season?

He won’t be sacked on results. He would only be moved on based on feedback from the playing group - example of Rachele did request a trade behind closed doors

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back