Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 34 17.6%
  • No

Votes: 159 82.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

If i read it correct, a suns poster said that Adelaide knocked back a trade of their pick 6 for our F1 - no idea on the context or if other picks were involved etc

TBH, for their pick 6 in this draft, i would have bitten their arm off at that trade if it was a 1 for 1 swap
I find that hard to believe.
We'd be all over that

If i read it correct, a suns poster said that Adelaide knocked back a trade of their pick 6 for our F1 - no idea on the context or if other picks were involved etc

TBH, for their pick 6 in this draft, i would have bitten their arm off at that trade if it was a 1 for 1 swap
Maybe Crows expect to drop even further next year

If I was Norf I would give them pick 2 and a 2nd rounder for a later 1st round pick for Taranto. They need some help for the young blokes in there.

They have LDU and Simpkin- how many older blokes (not old) do you want before McKercher and Sheezel and Wardlaw don’t get time?

North need forwards and backs much more than mids

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Anyone seen FiveAA saying Cornes (snr) had mail on our prep for the Swans and wasn't impressed ? They linked an audio file but I can't listen in the office
Had a quick listen. Very much a nothing story.

He mentioned a rumour, and said he hasn't confirmed it, that we had the "day off" in Sydney before the game. As in the players could go to the beach or whatever which put them in holiday mode.

So right now based on all reports that have legs...

Round 1 2025
Worrell, Butts, Michalanney
Nankervis, Murray, Hinge

Rob (😠), Crouch, Soligo
Cumming, Dawson, Sholl

Lukosius, Fog, Rankine
Rash, Thilthorpe, ANB

Curtin, Draper, Dowling, Taylor, Laird
(they'll cave to 5 man bench eventually)

Buy your September flights now people
Lmao how did I forget Keays. Laird is there more out of realism than what I'd want btw.

A little surprised Taranto and Hopper haven't been names that have come up as disgruntled players.

In terms of dog act recruitments those 2 would have to be right up there. They don't owe Richmond anything IMO
Would probably struggle to get the same coin they are currently on anywhere else. Especially Hopper.

Had a quick listen. Very much a nothing story.

He mentioned a rumour, and said he hasn't confirmed it, that we had the "day off" in Sydney before the game. As in the players could go to the beach or whatever which put them in holiday mode.
I don't mind that. The season was already over. Let the kids have their fun around Sydney, as long as they're not drinking or doing anything to get in trouble.

Ehh thats not a bad strategy

Last game no tomorrow just take a breather

Here's where I got - Walker eventually rolls out of the team, as it's a bit tall -

FF: Darcy Fogarty - Riley Thilthorpe - Alex Neal Bullen
HF: Josh Rachele - Taylor Walker - Jack Lukosius

C : Isaac Cumming - Jordan Dawson - Lachie Sholl
1st R: Riley O'Brien - Jake Soligo - Izak Rankine

HB: Dan Curtin - Nick Murray - Mitchell Hinge
FB: Max Michalanney - Jordon Butts - Josh Worrell

RES:
Matthew Crouch, Pick 4, Ben Keays, Luke Nankervis, Rory Laird

EMERGENCIES & DEPTH
Luke Pedlar
Mark Keane
Wayne Milera
Chayce Jones
Charlie Edwards
Brayden Cook
Oscar Ryan
Billy Dowling
Harry Schoenberg
Zac Taylor
James Borlase
Stuck with ROB again? Surely we’d be able to replace him easily enough? Rucks are very easy to pick up hence why we don’t draft them …..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They have LDU and Simpkin- how many older blokes (not old) do you want before McKercher and Sheezel and Wardlaw don’t get time?

North need forwards and backs much more than mids

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Simpkin has been hit with some injuries at bad times and is their captain.
Also have Matty Powell, Elliot should try his luck there to join Comben.

Edit : forgot the pick 3 Tagger mid offered a one year contract Phillips.

Last edited:
I have heard we have talked to Hind for depth & will go hard on delisting this year.
Contracted until end of 2024
Sam Berry
Ned McHenry
Lachlan Gollant
Patrick Parnell (R)
Elliot Himmelberg
Hugh Bond
Taylor Walker
Chris Burgess( unsure on length)
Will Hamill (R)
James Borlase (R)

Bond should get a contract. Walker will get a contract.
Can Borlase and Hamill remain on rookie contract?
Berry will be traded and the rest could easily be delisted.

A little surprised Taranto and Hopper haven't been names that have come up as disgruntled players.

In terms of dog act recruitments those 2 would have to be right up there. They don't owe Richmond anything IMO
Hopper has been injured half the time, not sure Richmond owe him anything but either.

Wonder if we will look at delisting contracted players if we rate the draft this year. 2025 contracted players:

Darcy Fogarty - No
Harry Schoenberg - Yes
Karl Gallagher - Cat B so not taking a pot
Kieran Strachan - Yes
Lachlan Murphy - If only
Luke Nankervis - No
Mark Keane - Could be traded otherwise no
Matt Crouch - No
Nick Murray - No
Reilly O'Brien Can't move without an alternative
Toby Murray - No
Wayne Milera Maybe
Zac Taylor - No

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back