Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 34 17.6%
  • No

Votes: 159 82.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Well ..... Mutineer , seems you were off again with Hobbs .....as my contacts say, he does everything well, but has no weapon ....a plodder

Now if you want to reference my boy Mac Andrew .....too skinny to be ready for AFL for years and years, was your assessment

Uh Huh ....one of the hottest properties in the AFL is skinny Andrew .....can play CHB, CHF, and Ruck !!
How's your boy Riley Collier-Dawkins going? You know that big bodied generational talent of yours. Still burning up the SANFL reserves kicking the dew off the grass for WWT reserves?
Ah I forgot in 2024 he's now enjoying the sea breezes down at Williamstown Oval most Saturdays. Last I looked Ben Hobbs was contracted until 2025 in the AFL and not delisted like your boy RCD. You reckon he'll ever have to head over to SA to get a game for the WWT reserves?

I don't.

So you'll go on the record that Ben will be delisted and never play another AFL game?

How's your boy Riley Collier-Dawkins going? You know that big bodied generational talent of yours. Still burning up the SANFL reserves kicking the dew off the grass for WWT reserves?
Ah I forgot in 2024 he's now enjoying the sea breezes down at Williamstown Oval most Saturdays. Last I looked Ben Hobbs was contracted until 2025 in the AFL and not delisted like your boy RCD. You reckon he'll ever have to head over to SA to get a game for the WWT reserves?

I don't.

So you'll go on the record that Ben will be delisted and never play another AFL game?
Waynus chooses the only thing he got right to gloat about, ignoring the numerous bad calls he makes.

Broken clock and all that...

I can see where you could be enamoured with Hobbs from his U18 season ....really hasn't progressed though in the AFL, and players going past him

Tsatis though even struggling to get a game as a #5 .....Mids are normally guaranteed at that point of the Draft, so it's a massive fail having both Hobbs and Tsatis not progress .....2 missed Drafts
Their 2020 draft haul that was supposed to be a game changer and create a dynasty isn't looking great either.

I don't.

The one you should be putting up your hand for is Kai Lohmann.
Was a fantastic break out year with nearly 30 goals , great ball use and got plenty of it.

I can see where you could be enamoured with Hobbs from his U18 season ....really hasn't progressed though in the AFL, and players going past him

Tsatis though even struggling to get a game as a #5 .....Mids are normally guaranteed at that point of the Draft, so it's a massive fail having both Hobbs and Tsatis not progress .....2 missed Drafts

Wow

Bit early to write off a young player, especially a player being at a Brad Scott Essendon

Brad Scott hasn’t really invested in playing youth, he has stuck with playing under-performing senior players

Yes the jury might still be out on Hobbs but wow I wouldn’t be writing him off just yet

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Wow

Bit early to write off a young player, especially a player being at a Brad Scott Essendon

Brad Scott hasn’t really invested in playing youth, he has stuck with playing under-performing senior players

Yes the jury might still be out on Hobbs but wow I wouldn’t be writing him off just yet

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
No way is he finished, might need a different coach/club to get him going though.
Midweek Tackle had him being “squeezed out” I assume they meant out of mid rotation as he is contracted.

Ch10 said Burgess was another that didn’t speak to the mediq

Wonder if he’s gone, too
Seeing the vultures pounce on them after exit meetings is pretty gross. Dudes have probably been told their career is all but over and then you have a bunch of poindexters pointing phones in your face asking "YOU STILL GOT A JOB BRO!?"

I only saw one, which was Gollant, but jeez they're tone deaf.

"Do you know anything about your future?"
No. Have to wait and see.
"Who do you think they'll look at bringing in?"

I'm sure the players are super keen to discuss who is effectively taking their job.

Seeing the vultures pounce on them after exit meetings is pretty gross. Dudes have probably been told their career is all but over and then you have a bunch of poindexters pointing phones in your face asking "YOU STILL GOT A JOB BRO!?"

I'm sure the players are super keen to discuss who is effectively taking their job.

Yeah that's pretty gross

Obviously professional sports is different to most jobs - it's ruthless and short term, and you can get 'fired' in ways that rarely happens in other industries, but it's still these guys current livelihood and they don't need those parasites in their face like that -

edit

There was a guy at work only this week who after over 20 years was fired - or medically retired - in all honesty it was coming for a while, he'd been making regular mistakes that were not good, but it was still a bit sad and I happened to be in ear shot of the office after his termination meeting and he left pretty upset and just gave a bit of a 'I've been fired' announcement to everyone who was around as he left the building - Couldn't imagine how bad that would be if he then had cameras in his face as he walked to his car

Contracted until end of 2024
Sam Berry
Ned McHenry
Lachlan Gollant
Patrick Parnell (R)
Elliot Himmelberg
Hugh Bond
Taylor Walker
Chris Burgess( unsure on length)
Will Hamill (R)
James Borlase (R)

Bond should get a contract. Walker will get a contract.
Can Borlase and Hamill remain on rookie contract?
Berry will be traded and the rest could easily be delisted.
Hamill had a good year. Played with some real confidence. Personally I reckon he's earned a spot. 2 years.

Bond has been talked up a lot by the coaches recently, surely he gets another run. 2-3 years.

They wouldn't boot Tex without telling him before his final game. 1 year.

Parnell experiment didn't succeed. McHenry needs to clear his locker like yesterday. Delist and delist.

Borlase I'm easy either way. Another rookie contract probably about right value.

Berry can go if we can get anything in a trade.

Only need one of Berg, Gollant and Burgess. Gollant just doesn't have it. Burgess the same but I think was a little bit more serviceable than Gollant. Berg the best (using that term rather loosely) of the 3 but might walk.

Should ask the reporters how their last performance review went and have they heard of any new reporters joining their network!

My favorite time of year!
100%
It's so much fun, regardless.
Good rumours, bad rumours, bullshit artists, inside sources....I'm here for all of it.
Anyone getting too uptight and personally attacking posters or tweeters over rumours, or getting things wrong needs to lighten up. Just enjoy it.

Media parasites are the lowest of the low.

These same gormless jellyfish refuse to ask Nicks & Co difficult questions, rather target young men fighting for their livelihood. But mental health is a priority, right guys?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We all know that GWS went hard for Berg last year, but Adelaide held him to his contract (and with good cause, given how awful Gollant & Burgess have proven to be).

Given that Gollant, Berg, and possibly Burgess are all out of contract this year, you'd have to think Berg would be Adelaide's #1 target for retention - and the only one of the 3 worth keeping for depth.

Berg is now a UFA, having spent most of the year playing in the SANFL. Do we know if GWS are still interested, or have they cooled their jets?

We all know that GWS went hard for Berg last year, but Adelaide held him to his contract (and with good cause, given how awful Gollant & Burgess have proven to be).

Given that Gollant, Berg, and possibly Burgess are all out of contract this year, you'd have to think Berg would be Adelaide's #1 target for retention - and the only one of the 3 worth keeping for depth.

Berg is now a UFA, having spent most of the year playing in the SANFL. Do we know if GWS are still interested, or have they cooled their jets?
Pretty sure Cam mentioned a week or 2 ago that those jets are ice cold now.

I agree though, I would retain Elliot. Not best 22. But a decent 2 position insurance player at 200cm has value. Even if it is only depth value

Don't know about the club, their board doesn't seem to think he's a pressing need

Tsatis has been pretty much injured the entire time.
This year was his first year to show something and he's been ok, but , but he's what, 19 years old still?

I think we all need to calm down. Kid could still be a star.

That said, I'm not giving up a first rounder. :)

I don't.

Ask him about Nicks too.

Yeah I’d suggest he should be the one we try to retain. If he wants to move, fine, but is worth keeping over the other two

Yeah that's pretty gross

Obviously professional sports is different to most jobs - it's ruthless and short term, and you can get 'fired' in ways that rarely happens in other industries, but it's still these guys current livelihood and they don't need those parasites in their face like that -

edit

There was a guy at work only this week who after over 20 years was fired - or medically retired - in all honesty it was coming for a while, he'd been making regular mistakes that were not good, but it was still a bit sad and I happened to be in ear shot of the office after his termination meeting and he left pretty upset and just gave a bit of a 'I've been fired' announcement to everyone who was around as he left the building - Couldn't imagine how bad that would be if he then had cameras in his face as he walked to his car
Add into the mix "supporters" who have no qualms telling anyone (you included) who'll listen on social media that you are a spud of the highest order and should be delisted.

The one you should be putting up your hand for is Kai Lohmann.
Was a fantastic break out year with nearly 30 goals , great ball use and got plenty of it.

Yep new the first time I saw him play at C E Brown Reserve over in Wendourie he was a very special talent, a real spring-heeled Jack with X factor off the charts.
Brother Jacob was pretty handy a couple of years before at the Rebels, spent some time in the VFL here and then headed up to Qld to join the Lions VFL team with Kai.

We have a contract in front of him I read somewhere but he is still fishing isn’t he ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back