Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 34 17.6%
  • No

Votes: 159 82.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep new the first time I saw him play at C E Brown Reserve over in Wendourie he was a very special talent, a real spring-heeled Jack with X factor off the charts.
Brother Jacob was pretty handy a couple of years before at the Rebels, spent some time in the VFL here and then headed up to Qld to join the Lions VFL team with Kai.
Don’t get too big for your hat but it stuck in my mind and the bloke who took out $3k in our
cash league said this message in our chat pre season was the difference for him.

IMG_1921.jpeg

Hamill had a good year. Played with some real confidence. Personally I reckon he's earned a spot. 2 years.

Bond has been talked up a lot by the coaches recently, surely he gets another run. 2-3 years.

They wouldn't boot Tex without telling him before his final game. 1 year.

Parnell experiment didn't succeed. McHenry needs to clear his locker like yesterday. Delist and delist.

Borlase I'm easy either way. Another rookie contract probably about right value.

Berry can go if we can get anything in a trade.

Only need one of Berg, Gollant and Burgess. Gollant just doesn't have it. Burgess the same but I think was a little bit more serviceable than Gollant. Berg the best (using that term rather loosely) of the 3 but might walk.
Gollant is the one I'd be offering a further 12 months and retooling him to defence.
Himmelberg has been a big tease for 8 years but essentially he's gone nowhere, Burgess was worth a shot but at his age?

Gollant is the one I'd be offering a further 12 months and retooling him to defence.
Himmelberg has been a big tease for 8 years but essentially he's gone nowhere, Burgess was worth a shot but at his age?
It's definitely time to accept that Berg is never going to be in our best 22 - but as a depth player he's a massive upgrade on both Gollant & Burgess.

I don't know if Gollant can be "retooled" as a defender, but he's sure as Hell not going to make it as an AFL forward.

It's definitely time to accept that Berg is never going to be in our best 22 - but as a depth player he's a massive upgrade on both Gollant & Burgess.

I don't know if Gollant can be "retooled" as a defender, but he's sure as Hell not going to make it as an AFL forward.

If GWS has cooled then hello minimum wage contract Berg.

Gollant hasn't got the body strength to be a defender of tall forwards and Woz already has the intercepter role. Can't really see where he fits especially if since they would rather try Borlase up forward than him (lol).

We all know that GWS went hard for Berg last year, but Adelaide held him to his contract (and with good cause, given how awful Gollant & Burgess have proven to be).

Given that Gollant, Berg, and possibly Burgess are all out of contract this year, you'd have to think Berg would be Adelaide's #1 target for retention - and the only one of the 3 worth keeping for depth.

Berg is now a UFA, having spent most of the year playing in the SANFL. Do we know if GWS are still interested, or have they cooled their jets?
They would lose their compo for Perryman if they go after him so they would have to trade if they still were keen. Doubt that happens.

Our very own Ted Lasso. Let’s do it.
Fish out of Water: I keep hearing about the "Murphy Role". Now granted I know nothing about AFL, but he doesn't seem to do a real lot?

Nicks: He does plenty. He'd be one of our best.

Fish: Doing what though? When I look at the stat sheet he's always down the bottom?

Nicks: He's playing his role.

Fish: What role?

Nicks: His role.

Fish: Which is?

Nicks: Shape.

Fish: Shape?

Nicks: Keeping shape.

Fish: What does that even mean?

Nicks: Well you're familiar with paint cans right? If they get bent out of shape, the lid won't fit. Or something.

Fish: Huh?

Nicks: Shape. Keep the shape.

Fish: Right. So there's no one else to could fill his spot and maybe, I don't know, have a slightly more noticeable output?

Nicks: But it's the Murphy Role. The Murphy Role.

Fish out of Water: I keep hearing about the "Murphy Role". Now granted I know nothing about AFL, but he doesn't seem to do a real lot?

Nicks: He does plenty. He'd be one of our best.

Fish: Doing what though? When I look at the stat sheet he's always down the bottom?

Nicks: He's playing his role.

Fish: What role?

Nicks: His role.

Fish: Which is?

Nicks: Shape.

Fish: Shape?

Nicks: Keeping shape.

Fish: What does that even mean?

Nicks: Well you're familiar with paint cans right? If they get bent out of shape, the lid won't fit. Or something.

Fish: Huh?

Nicks: Shape. Keep the shape.

Fish: Right. So there's no one else to could fill his spot and maybe, I don't know, have a slightly more noticeable output?

Nicks: But it's the Murphy Role. The Murphy Role.
lol .. Seinfeld fan?

lol .. read it again in Jerry and George's voices

hahaha .. just tried it in Jerry and Kramer's voices

We have a contract in front of him I read somewhere but he is still fishing isn’t he ?
I've said it before, but surely Melbourne would be interested in him. Fits a role there and they've got BBB retired and Schache delisted too.

Waynus chooses the only thing he got right to gloat about, ignoring the numerous bad calls he makes.

Broken clock and all that...
Name them please .....yep, I had Venables & RCD

I only look at players around our mark in the first round ....all this studying U16 form is rubbish

I do it to challenge my own judgement ....and no other reason ...it's like golf, you're playing against yourself

But when my calls are ridiculed, yeah I'll defend the call .....and I make them 6 weeks out B4 they become the hot draft property

No use this year, #4 is no challenge

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have a contract in front of him I read somewhere but he is still fishing isn’t he ?
We offered 2 years he wants 3 is what I've heard, but yes GWS has dried up interest has an SA girlfriend and wants to stay here

I reckon Petracca is legit gonna take Melbourne to the grievance tribunal to break his contract due to lack of duty of care, I'm not sure people realise how close he was to dying, I don't think who ever gets him is getting the same man he was before the injury.

We offered 2 years he wants 3 is what I've heard, but yes GWS has dried up interest has an SA girlfriend and wants to stay here

I reckon Petracca is legit gonna take Melbourne to the grievance tribunal to break his contract due to lack of duty of care, I'm not sure people realise how close he was to dying, I don't think who ever gets him is getting the same man he was before the injury.
The talk is it's more his partner pushing the agenda isn't it?

The only thing he's going to die from is the sooks

It's a very interesting situation.
Basically I think that the phone call to his partner and his then his parents about him possibly dying in the night was far too much (and fair enough too).
I think you will find it's his family that are really pissed at the club and want him out.
Melbourne will have to trade him. As you say, he has a pretty fair case to push it through the court if needed. Melbourne either trade him and get something reasonable back, or he forces it and they get less.

Some club is going to get very lucky. If it's Carlton they will go towards multiple premierships.

I wonder if we have at least presented his management with an option (I know his family won't want to move). Doesn't hurt to suggest it.

Also, might just mention that while Rachele has been ok with what happened with Laird and then being dropped, his family is not....

Don’t want either

Gollant doesn’t have the size and strength needed at AFL level to play forward or back, and looks a body type that struggles to gain size

Beeg, good for depth but if your on a list for 8 years you need to be in the best 22

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm not against trying Gollant in defence and I have no issue with his size. My biggest concern is his footy smarts and whether he could actually read the play well enough to be an intercept defender. I think you need to be a quick thinker and be able to assess a situation quickly to play that role well. Then when you get the ball, you need to move the ball on quickly to start attacks.

I'm not against trying Gollant in defence and I have no issue with his size. My biggest concern is his footy smarts and whether he could actually read the play well enough to be an intercept defender. I think you need to be a quick thinker and be able to assess a situation quickly to play that role well. Then when you get the ball, you need to move the ball on quickly to start attacks.
My biggest concern is he is slow and not agile. He might be ok as an unaccountable intercept defender but I have serious doubts he we would effective as a stopper.

How well has this post from him aged: “I’m responsible for putting myself out there by the way for people talking about the medicos”

I mean, we all knew it was bullshit at the time too, but funny it's now come to this.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back