Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 34 17.6%
  • No

Votes: 159 82.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Douglas finished end of 2019. Nicks has been coach since 2020…
We culled a LOT of players in 2019 & 2020. This is really the first time we've been in the position, since then, of having veterans who really need to be pushed out.

Any gist of what he says for those without sound accessability
“If you want a player, you’ve got to give up something. What are they going to give up of value to get Jack Lukosius? He’s a first round pick.

“Are they going to give up pick 4 at the moment in their draft? I’m not, not with this draft – no way.

“There’s a guy called Finn O’Sullivan – and Sid Draper, who’s a local talent. If you’re going to go local, Sid Draper’s right in the wheelhouse…

“But if Finn O’Sullivan’s there at pick four, he’d be the one I’d be going after.”

DO NOT SPEND pick 4 on Luko, Campo really really rates Fin OSullivan and then Draper, but OSullivan i his man if he is there at our pick 4.

Surely the club wouldn't be dumb enough to give up Pick 4 for Luko.

We desperately need to nail a quality mid with this pick, it can't be traded under any circumstances.

Giving up Pick 4 for him would be 1990s Freo level stupidity.

Last edited:
Don’t want either

Gollant doesn’t have the size and strength needed at AFL level to play forward or back, and looks a body type that struggles to gain size

Beeg, good for depth but if your on a list for 8 years you need to be in the best 22

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I think you’re underestimating how many tall spuds lists better than ours have. You’re always going to need tall depth. Himmelberg would be one of the better KPP depth players going around.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think you’re underestimating how many tall spuds lists better than ours have. You’re always going to need tall depth. Himmelberg would be one of the better KPP depth players going around.

Himmelberg is an easy keep for me. Sure, he can be frustrating, but he's an adequate third tall who can provide a chop out in the ruck, he's already here, and he'd fetch us about a packet of chips as a compo pick.

Did Burgess move from Gold Coast for a 1 year contract?
I guess if you have plans to move back to SA after your footy career anyway, and the club you’re at has no plans to play you, you might move back a year early and finish your contract with a club that has some level of interest in you?

(I’m finding any excuse to believe C10)

Well ..... Mutineer , seems you were off again with Hobbs .....as my contacts say, he does everything well, but has no weapon ....a plodder

Now if you want to reference my boy Mac Andrew .....too skinny to be ready for AFL for years and years, was your assessment

Uh Huh ....one of the hottest properties in the AFL is skinny Andrew .....can play CHB, CHF, and Ruck !!
Grown men quibbling over “my boy” is a bit cringe

quick question. if campo was still at the crows, would we have been able to stick his kids in the academy and gotten access to them or nah?

Father-son would probably still take precedence. Andrew Walker's son, who's touted to go high in the 2026 draft, is in the Richmond NGA but as he's Carlton F/S eligible, it's expected he'll commit to them instead.

I remember how the media back 10 years ago were pumping up Dodo and SOS as the best in the business. Yet both built two of the shittest lists in the AFL and have both proven to be absolute failures. It shows how dumb and inaccurate the media are willing to be to run a narrative. Especially when it comes to big Vic sides.

Harsh on SOS. Has taken a while - and yes he had a bucket load of picks - but Carlton finals back to back and have a decent team, mostly built while he was there. Giants made a GF and regular finals contender. Compare GC!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back