Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 34 17.6%
  • No

Votes: 159 82.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

quick question. if campo was still at the crows, would we have been able to stick his kids in the academy and gotten access to them or nah?
No.

The rule about games coached qualifying for F/S rule was removed decades ago. Chad & Kane could have been Crows, if Studley had been retained for one more season, but Campo's kids were never going to be eligible for Adelaide.

Father-son would probably still take precedence. Andrew Walker's son, who's touted to go high in the 2026 draft, is in the Richmond NGA but as he's Carlton F/S eligible, it's expected he'll commit to them instead.
There's no precedence - if a kid is eligible for multiple clubs (through Academy or F/S rules) the player gets to choose between them.

quick question. if campo was still at the crows, would we have been able to stick his kids in the academy and gotten access to them or nah?

No we only get access to NGA and indigenous kids for our academy - NGA being born overseas

Sydney got Blakey because they can literally put anyone in their academies

There's no precedence - if a kid is eligible for multiple clubs (through Academy or F/S rules) the player gets to choose between them.

You're right, I shouldn't have used the word precedence. I meant that it would be up to the player but in the majority of cases, they would opt for the F/S route.

We offered 2 years he wants 3 is what I've heard, but yes GWS has dried up interest has an SA girlfriend and wants to stay here

I reckon Petracca is legit gonna take Melbourne to the grievance tribunal to break his contract due to lack of duty of care, I'm not sure people realise how close he was to dying, I don't think who ever gets him is getting the same man he was before the injury.
Exactly what details are breaches of duty of care? The guy is a spolit brat. I agree that he won't be the same man as before and any club that wants him will have to be very careful. I wouldn't want him here.

You're right, I shouldn't have used the word precedence. I meant that it would be up to the player but in the majority of cases, they would opt for the F/S route.
Not necessarily. Nick Blakey was eligible to Sydney under the Academy rules and Brisbane under F/S rules. He chose Sydney. The player also has the option of not going with any F/S or Academy club, and simply going with the luck of the draft.

No.

The rule about games coached qualifying for F/S rule was removed decades ago. Chad & Kane could have been Crows, if Studley had been retained for one more season, but Campo's kids were never going to be eligible for Adelaide.
Wasn’t just coaching but administration as well. Graham Cornes offered to join the board in an honorary capacity for a year to make his kids eligible but the Crows said no.

Wasn’t just coaching but administration as well. Graham Cornes offered to join the board in an honorary capacity for a year to make his kids eligible but the Crows said no.
Well the bad news from that is we didn't have Chad and Kane Cornes play for us.

But the good news is we didn't have Chad and Kane Cornes play for us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not necessarily. Nick Blakey was eligible to Sydney under the Academy rules and Brisbane under F/S rules. He chose Sydney. The player also has the option of not going with any F/S or Academy club, and simply going with the luck of the draft.
I thought Blakey was North? Doesn't really matter.

As I understood it, Blakey Snr was employed at the Swans and Nick had effectively grown up there. There were no ties to his dad's club, but massive ties to Sydney, so he was never not going to Swans.

I thought Blakey was North? Doesn't really matter.

As I understood it, Blakey Snr was employed at the Swans and Nick had effectively grown up there. There were no ties to his dad's club, but massive ties to Sydney, so he was never not going to Swans.
I think he could've gone to any of the three. Makes sense he stayed with the club where he grew up, though

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back