VFL 2024 Sandringham Zebras

Remove this Banner Ad

He doesn’t look strong enough. Easily pushed around. He’ll have a go but needs to not try and muscle his way through.
Classy player, good skills and reads the play well. I think he’s having a pretty good game just needs a summer in the gym really not much more required than natural progression imo.

If he could string a couple of games like this together he’s get a debut. He’s shown a bit in a couple of games this year but too few.

I kinda get "fine wine" vibes with him, like he'll keep improving. Why? Because he has a tonne of self-belief and endeavour, and an elite physique.

We probably would've never seen this if we hadn't given him that long contract. It's too funny.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seagulls were just able to cut up Sandy so easily at times. I wouldn't take much out of Allisons goals. Lance was definetly more willing to get into the game today, so there are signs of life there. Hastie was good. Tom Campbell is a bull at this level and leads from the front. But the whole Sandy team didn't have the same desire to win the ball as Willy did. Wouldn't mind drafting their full forward. What a cracker he is.

Lance hasn’t had a massive day but it looks like his attitude has been a lot better. Chasing hard and tackling well. Allison might get another contract if he has a couple more games like this

Collard was far from the worst. Missed his only shot on goal unfortunately.

Hows Hotton tracking?

That wasn't a bad game by his standards.
25 disposals and 5 clearances.

Probably not as influential as Seb Ross ( for example ) who got less of the ball, but more of the contested ball, and 14 tackles.

Alison only got 1 contested mark.
Its good that he's managing to get the ball without that aspect, but its probably something a tall forward needs to be able to do.
He had 6 marks for the game. ( compared to McLaughlin with 11 who thankfully missed a lot ).

McLennan had better disposal efficiency than Hastie, with a similar amount of intercept posessions.

Heath did some ok things in the second half (which is all I saw). Worth persisting. We should find an off field role for Campbell and keep Heath and find an other option

If we don't find another ruck this off season, ( and we need to ), i'd say keep Campbell.
He's not the worst ruck to play AFL this year.
But not if Marshall is fit.

Heath is working towards a debut. Remember Pearce? I think he was never as good as Heath is right now.

Remove this Banner Ad

VFL 2024 Sandringham Zebras

Remove this Banner Ad

Back