VFL 2024 Sandringham Zebras

Remove this Banner Ad

Matty Allison two good games in a row. Never doubted him. šŸ˜‚
Didn't see all of the game but 18 possessions, 9 marks and 4 shots at goal seems a pretty reasonable day. Thrown down back in the last qtr and helped shore up the defence. Thing that does really impress about him is is field kicking with either foot.

Keeps this up and he might earn himself another year.

Matty Allison may have left his run too late but he's def showing signs now.

There was a stage he was lucky to get 5 kicks a game
Some guys take a while. If he continues this form I'd give him another year

Matty Allison two good games in a row. Never doubted him. šŸ˜‚
Only took him four years to have a good game. At this rate heā€™ll be a star by the time heā€™s 40.

Probably an unpopular opinion for some, but I have enjoyed watching Sandringham play this year.
Some great performances with at least one shellacking, three come from behind last minute close wins, and another come from behind last kick draw.
All with a team impacted by injuries to the main Saints playing list, and comprising mostly kids and so called second rate hacks.
The games against Frankston, North, Southport, and the Suns were particularly memorable.
Thereā€™s a lot to like.

Any chance Keeler gets a run for the Saints this season?
I'd get him in a soon as possible , the kid a future star - we have many options in our forward line and I feel he will be one of the best of them.
I would love to see King , Keller and Sharman as our key targets down forward.
Membery had a great game yesterday but in all reality he has had his day and being 31 next year he shouldn't be in our future plans , the same goes with Ross.

Now is the time to prepare for next season and get the kids to get game time and confidence , the game against the West Coast will go a long way to instill some belief into the team.

Of course you don't want to play all of them at once , you still have to pick a team capable of winning.

But there is no reason we can't see Keller or Heath thrown into the 22 and with Henry out I'd even give Hotton a shot.

He's out of contract this year.

I'd say he will be cut. First two of the kids to cut would be him and hotton. Even Hotton has to get the advantage on him being in the system 2 years less.

Surely Hotton gets another year, last year was an injury write-off and he's shown ok signs the last couple months in Sandy. Maybe just a 1 year contract. But would be harsh to let him go after just 2 years.

Allison is making a verrrry late surge to save his career. If he finishes the year like this I'd be inclined to give him 1 more year. Talls take time.

Seems to be a trend, lots of guys without contracts next year are cracking in. Jones, Members, Allison, Byrnes. Not making it easy but that's a good thing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely Hotton gets another year, last year was an injury write-off and he's shown ok signs the last couple months in Sandy. Maybe just a 1 year contract. But would be harsh to let him go after just 2 years.

Allison is making a verrrry late surge to save his career. If he finishes the year like this I'd be inclined to give him 1 more year. Talls take time.

Seems to be a trend, lots of guys without contracts next year are cracking in. Jones, Members, Allison, Byrnes. Not making it easy but that's a good thing.
I feel Membery , Ross and Jones who are un-contracted at the end of the year will be moved on - Membery showed how good he is on the weekend but has struggled the last couple years and is at the age where he is not going to get better.
Hotton has been on the list 2 yrs and his first year was a write off and has shown some ability so he deserves at least a yr added to his contract knowing he has not even turned 20 yet and is still a schoolboy really - his preseason next year will make or break him.

Allison is a different story and I feel that they have kept him this long they will not de-list him once he has shown some promise , so he better keep playing well in the 2s.
He has been kept on the list in hope he can become a player and being tall and a good runner - he is no young kid now he is a year older than Owens and Windhager.

But we have enough spots on the list to give him another year.
It must be remembered we have a hell of a lot of players off contract -21

Membery showed how good he is on the weekend but has struggled the last couple years and is at the age where he is not going to get better.

Yup spot on. Similar to Tom Hawkins. That guy had a couple of good games this year but it doesnā€™t change the fact that heā€™s clearly cooked. I think the same is true of Membrey.

I feel Membery , Ross and Jones who are un-contracted at the end of the year will be moved on - Membery showed how good he is on the weekend but has struggled the last couple years and is at the age where he is not going to get better.
Hotton has been on the list 2 yrs and his first year was a write off and has shown some ability so he deserves at least a yr added to his contract knowing he has not even turned 20 yet and is still a schoolboy really - his preseason next year will make or break him.

Allison is a different story and I feel that they have kept him this long they will not de-list him once he has shown some promise , so he better keep playing well in the 2s.
He has been kept on the list in hope he can become a player and being tall and a good runner - he is no young kid now he is a year older than Owens and Windhager.

But we have enough spots on the list to give him another year.
It must be remembered we have a hell of a lot of players off contract -21

Membrey might get another year but he also might ask to be traded. he's probably the most likely to stay on.

Ross i feel might be done.

Jones definitely is done. i think you can carry 1 of Jones and Clark but not both. Clark is contracted so he stays. unless we find a home for Clark.

whens patton OOC? he's one i think you move on.

Membrey might get another year but he also might ask to be traded. he's probably the most likely to stay on.

Ross i feel might be done.

Jones definitely is done. i think you can carry 1 of Jones and Clark but not both. Clark is contracted so he stays. unless we find a home for Clark.

whens patton OOC? he's one i think you move on.
Patons contract is up as well this year

Remove this Banner Ad

VFL 2024 Sandringham Zebras

Remove this Banner Ad

Back