2024 Draft Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

T3rQArr.jpeg

I think that I would prefer that he got Dad's height, agility and football ability over Mum's brains.

There is a lot to like in this draft, but working on the basis that FOS, Jagga and Draper will be gone by pick 7 these are still my two. Neither is a centre clearance bull, which Smillie and Lalor may end up becoming, but both have centre clearance smarts and are great with the ball in hand. Which fits in perfectly with the Ross Lyon intercept and transition game plan.

I would be more inclined to select Reid and Langford in this draft and pry Alex Davies out of the GC to be an inside big bodied clearance mid. Or push Steele further inside with Zak Jones and/or Dylan Shiel. But these two will give us plenty of drive through the middle.

Saw Alex Davies in a couple of Suns games. Big and strong for sure, but also very messy on the skills, kind of like Owens.. Would prefer Peatling at this stage..

the old correlation or causation, but are you sure they didn't slide due to their punchable faces?

Judd was definitely concern over his shoulder, and it was justified, if you wanted him as a marking target.

Here's a different Mock Draft taking into account some trading and Stkilda Band 1.
In this mock they picked Murphy Reid and Joe Berry for us with Sam Lalor still on the board.

Here's a different Mock Draft taking into account some trading and Stkilda Band 1.
In this mock they picked Murphy Reid and Joe Berry for us with Sam Lalor still on the board.

He’s got Langford at 1 and Trainor at 2.

Lombard being bid at pick 5.

Draper at 8.

Saints taking Berry at 10. Couldn’t believe it.

Lalor at 13.

Goodness me. What a mess.

I can't make myself watch enough footage this year. Lindsey, Travaglia and Hynes for me and not that fussed about who we get at 7/8 for the reasons you say.
Could we possibly draft 5 plus our priority access kids? I hope so.
For some reason I’m liking WA this year. Allan, Davis and Guerryn.

T3rQArr.jpeg

How the **** did Spida have a kid with brains?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep amongst others who slid a few spots in their draft year due to injury:

J Selwood
C Judd
D Heppell
J Stringer
J Lever

But for every one of those there is ten Aidan Boners.

Saw Alex Davies in a couple of Suns games. Big and strong for sure, but also very messy on the skills, kind of like Owens.. Would prefer Peatling at this stage..

He's very similar to Owens.

Wow that is a great insight. The example that springs to mind with me immediately is Garcia.
Picked in the 50's, none of us had heard of him, but if one of the criteria was Beatson's it is now obvious to us fans what they saw.
To me he such a competitor. Maybe some thought a bit small, but that competitiveness is in everything he does.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
The late Matt Rendell also said competitiveness was the most important marker.

That was the reason he drafted Rory Sloane in the 40’s. People were too focused on his weakness ‘kicking’ and couldn't see past it.

We have drafted extremely well lately, and I have 100% faith in our recruitment team to unearth a few more gems with late picks

The late Matt Rendell also said competitiveness was the most important marker.

That was the reason he drafted Rory Sloane in the 40’s. People were too focused on his weakness ‘kicking’ and couldn't see past it.

We have drafted extremely well lately, and I have 100% faith in our recruitment team to unearth a few more gems with late picks

Didn't he go to Richmond?

How the **** did Spida have a kid with brains?

He got a very smart woman to have one and then take over most of the education aspect as our man knows his limits and plays them well.

I'd also assume this was during his Hawthrorn stint, as lord knows it wouldn't have been with us as that enclosure would not have allowed it.

Anyone over West seen how Hamish Davis goes?
Saw somewhere that he is expected to go around the pick 30 mark, after all the pick/swaps on the night if we have a pick near there might be worth a look.

Anyone over West seen how Hamish Davis goes?
Saw somewhere that he is expected to go around the pick 30 mark, after all the pick/swaps on the night if we have a pick near there might be worth a look.

He’s a really tough scrappy kind of player. Good speed. Kicking leaves a bit to be desired.

Bit like Chito

Remove this Banner Ad

2024 Draft Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back