Game Day 2024 Scratch Match #1 vs Brisbane @ Brighton Homes Arena, Thu Feb 22 5:00pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

From what I remember of implementing a new game plan - temper expectations early. Might take a little time for things to click, But the more they play this style, the better they'll be.
I would agree if we were actually playing the run and gun style we were promised. It's slower and more predictable than ever. Can't get caught up in practice games but this is horrible.

From what I remember of implementing a new game plan - temper expectations early. Might take a little time for things to click, But the more they play this style, the better they'll be.

and it goes both ways.

The players need to adjust, but so does the coach. Maybe moving a player into a different position looked good on paper, but not so much in practice.

and it goes both ways.

The players need to adjust, but so does the coach. Maybe moving a player into a different position looked good on paper, but not so much in practice.
I agree. You need to try different things if something isnt working. Its a combination of both.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How you could possibly not have mac Andrew in this team before atleast 10 of them is beyond me. Hopefully just playing with the team to not give anything away. It has been clear they are trying to use sexton, he has been ok off half back.

A few first half thoughts at the ground
  • Rowell looks fit! If he was umpired properly there are very few players who could go with him.
  • Thank god its pre-season for the umpires as well. Atrocious allround.
  • The thought to move the ball is there, but the expected few still just throwing it on the boot as soon as they can. Really lacking the Powell/Weller/insert new signing with that bit of class to go with the speed.
  • Closehy surprising.
  • Uwland is a solid unit, but needs confidence. Whole backline still with the same issues tbh.
  • Both teams going at about 70% intensity outside of Cameron and Lemmens.
  • Tsitas everywhere, but not necessarily in a good way.

How you could possibly not have mac Andrew in this team before atleast 10 of them is beyond me. Hopefully just playing with the team to not give anything away. It has been clear they are trying to use sexton, he has been ok off half back.
Sexton... surprise surprise has been the only successful experiment but I still think there are better options. Underwhelming but early days. Poor kicking, poor decision making and we just can't seem to collect a clean ball. Touk and Ando pretty quiet as well. Rowell still required to do the bullocking work. Swallow is not a back man. McPherson, Lemmens etc been tried too many times. Groundhog Day at present but I still live in hope.

Honestly hard to tell who is playing well given every contest is a free kick and just about every goal has come from a free kick/50. It’s getting ridiculous the number of 50s paid.

Also Read out here looking like a Ballard clone. And for all the talk that he’s not strong enough, he dwarfs Hipwood.

Honestly hard to tell who is playing well given every contest is a free kick and just about every goal has come from a free kick/50. It’s getting ridiculous the number of 50s paid.

Also Read out here looking like a Ballard clone. And for all the talk that he’s not strong enough, he dwarfs Hipwood.
Looks like he's stacked on some weight over pre season....looks right at home.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 Scratch Match #1 vs Brisbane @ Brighton Homes Arena, Thu Feb 22 5:00pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Back