Autopsy 2024 Second elimination final : Hawks roll the dogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep, similar, but different too. Back then, much of the excitement centred around one bloke (and rightly so). Now, it's the pure evenness of the performance, and our form for most of this year, that is exciting me, and I expect others, the most.
Buddy stole the show but Luke Hodge's efforts should never be forgotten too

I was stoked with our seats.

Great view, looking forward to a wonderful game, buzzing with excitement - when the biggest bloke I've seen for quite sometime sat in front of me.....

View attachment 2103730

:oops:

Luckily I think he realised and moved forward one row to an empty seat so the seat in front was clear - fair play to the fella!

Must be one of those big blokes from the KOLOKOTRONIS crew.

I was stoked with our seats.

Great view, looking forward to a wonderful game, buzzing with excitement - when the biggest bloke I've seen for quite sometime sat in front of me.....

View attachment 2103730

:oops:

Luckily I think he realised and moved forward one row to an empty seat so the seat in front was clear - fair play to the fella!

Mate of mine is 210cm and 160kg and mostly muscle. I went to the Aus Open with him a while back and the poor bloke sat behind him just laughed at his shit luck when my mate sat down.

Watched the start again this morning, I didn’t realise how well Amon started last night.

Never seen him attack the ball and man like he did to start the game, he led the way with his toughness in the first quarter. Every time he was near it he made an impact, and those around him lifted to his level soon after.

I did not expect that.

Ward was the story of the night for me.
When your 22nd player has a huge impact like that, it goes a long way to winning well.
we’ve really tightened that gap between best 6 and “worst” (least best?) 6. think it’s a major factor in this team executing week in week out. opposition has to play serious whack-a-mole for 4 quarters every game.

Love the fact that WCE have watched our first round pick go from a top ten to mid teens pick - gold 😂

You could say it "Slide Away"

Rock Band GIF by Oasis

Watched the start again this morning, I didn’t realise how well Amon started last night.

Never seen him attack the ball and man like he did to start the game, he led the way with his toughness in the first quarter. Every time he was near it he made an impact, and those around him lifted to his level soon after.

I did not expect that.
Totally, wasn’t lost on me that suddenly he found his tough contested game, tackled the hardest and led from the front. Couldn’t have happened at a better time!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did anyone else see the dog-act hit Richards visited on Calsher with about 2 minutes to go and the match was done and dusted?

There were a few cowardly moments from their players late in the last quarter. It was a pathetic display - at least lose with a bit of honour.

ok just watched the game in full (had to work last night) . Highly emotional watch, first finals win without my Dad. He wouldve loved it . What an atmosphere!
Such a great even team effort , only Sicily and Newk really stood out .
Bit saddened to see Chol get the bronx cheers , hopefully he’ll be better for the experience, didnt like watching that , i think as fans we need to be better .
Otherwise just bursting outta my skin for that performance , and loved the Wiz and Dear just owning it .
Lets get into power, i cant see us not getting past em .

What a night that was. Absolutely the most fun night I've had at the footy in such a long time.
Was absolutely smashing the beers and its been good to rewatch the game today.

• CMac - super classy and hard working
  • As others have said - the fringe players like Ward, Morrison, Maginess all did a LOT better than just playing their role
  • That forward line is an absolute joy to watch. Watson, Chol, Ginni, Dear - none of these guys were at the club last year. Still amazed by that.
  • Sicily has this angry mode he gets into where he's really aggressive at the footy and it's awesome. He was very aggressive in the air especially when there was heat in the game
  • We were much more dominant that the scoreborad showed.
  • Seeing Watson kick straight was awesome. He's played much better games but he did the simple important things well

Plenty of GFs did don’t know about semis and eliminations though and they would’ve had all Melbourne teams playing at the same time at MCG and at Waverley be unlikely they would’ve matched that crowd last night.
Sorry but might be worth looking up the stats instead of assuming. The 1970 Semi-Final between Collingwood and Carlton for instance had a crowd of 112,838.

ok just watched the game in full (had to work last night) . Highly emotional watch, first finals win without my Dad. He wouldve loved it . What an atmosphere!
So sorry for your loss. Just realised it is for me too. My father passed at the height of covid. So we haven't had this kind of success since then.

He got beaten by a defender who has been in very good form, and who is also a horrendous match up for him. Despite his individual fumbliness I thought he was still present in enough contests to have a positive impact.
People tend to overlook that, if a winning side won all 18 positions on the field (which frankly almost never happens), it should result in a 20+ goal thumping.

Last night I reckon probably 5-6 Dogs probably won their positions, but we won the other 12-13.

Hence the comfortable win.

Chol clearly didn’t win his position, but that doesn’t mean he lacked effort or willingness to contribute.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2024 Second elimination final : Hawks roll the dogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back