Autopsy 2024 Second elimination final : Hawks roll the dogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Love Derm, however he's the greatest coach never to have coached, IMO. As with every great team it's a synergy of both talent and system. No talent wouldn't be able to do what we do pretty much week in week out. The roughest part of last night was tossing up between Kelly on ABC or Derm on SEN.
This is true of all teams. Richmond was a system based team too, but they couldn't be worked out until the talent stopped performing.

The advantages we have over some teams is that other clubs do not have 4 elite small defenders that could stop, Watson, Moore, MacDonald and Ginnivan. Bulldogs managed to only stop Moore.

I think we would be in trouble if the dogs had those 4 instead of just weightman who was easily handled by Hardwick.

Yes, there was a few marking contests he could and should have gone and he didn’t and watched Lobb impact.
I think after dropping the marks he was just a little off mentally.
I think he knew the only way he could beat Lobb in the marking contests was to jump on his head. Everytime he did it he got up sore.

Lobb just too tall and strong for him in those contests.

Gunston took Jones completely out of it though and they had no answer for Dear.

btw...does anyone have any (legal, lol.) links to a Radio or Podcast full call of the game last night?
I'd like to have a listen to some other perspectives other than the TV call. (Triple M only seem to have a highlights thing).
Cheers.

If you think Chol did enough to bring the ball to ground last night, that's your opinion, but don't be condescending simply because I disagree.

It wasn't for a lack of trying.

Lobb is smashing everyone in the air at the moment. Can't believe it myself but the campaigner has been in AA CHB form for the last 6 weeks. If he played all year he'd have a jacket.

He took 9 marks on Cameron and kept him to a goal.

Did anyone else see the dog-act hit Richards visited on Calsher with about 2 minutes to go and the match was done and dusted?
If he doesn't get a game off atleast, needs to filed in returns cabinet

There was an empty seat??
there was one right next to be as well. Q5 in M11. I assume it is someone who got ticket and then chose to stand with his friend's group or could be kid's ticket and kid goes to parent's seat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he doesn't get a game off atleast, needs to filed in returns cabinet

there was one right next to be as well. Q5 in M11. I assume it is someone who got ticket and then chose to stand with his friend's group or could be kid's ticket and kid goes to parent's seat.

Absolute filth by Richards. He tried to coward punch Dear from behind.

He should get quite a few weeks for that, but he won't.

Hey one thing I forgot that I thjnk needs to be mentioned. The crowd getting behind Chol and revving him up when he wasn't having a great night was wonderful. I hope the fella took it the right way, because I don't think it was a Bronx cheer.

Love the bloke, he struggled to get up to full speed tonight after the early knock.

Edit: Just saw this has been discussed already. Sorry.

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk
There were 100% Bronx cheers then following that the crowd cheered in a supporting manner. Chol was getting bagged all night near me though by different people which was odd. I thought his defender was often right up his ass and he didn’t have much of a chance to mark much

Absolute filth by Richards. He tried to coward punch Dear from behind.

He should get quite a few weeks for that, but he won't.
Best thing is Calsher didn’t flinch an inch and just laughed it off. Still can’t believe we got Calsher and Watson in the same draft. These two will give 10-12 years of endless joy

Chol had an off night, and Moore was kept quiet; great team is able to cover that, but will rebound nicely against Port.

Who do you drop for an incoming Day? Nice problem to have for the selectors.

What I loved the most was how we go about it. Selfelssly working hard for each other; Ginnie's celebration as if he had won the game from his own foot after the final siren after passing to the Wizz in the third and from a running position that you'd back him in to score 99 times out of 100 epitomises where we are. And it is a bloody good place to be.

How often do you get a bombers supported coming onto a thread and wanting us to make it all the way - that is how good we are.

Sammy, and the coaching/support staff; take a bow.

Chol had an off night, and Moore was kept quiet; great team is able to cover that, but will rebound nicely against Port.

Who do you drop for an incoming Day? Nice problem to have for the selectors.

What I loved the most was how we go about it. Selfelssly working hard for each other; Ginnie's celebration as if he had won the game from his own foot after the final siren after passing to the Wizz in the third and from a running position that you'd back him in to score 99 times out of 100 epitomises where we are. And it is a bloody good place to be.

How often do you get a bombers supported coming onto a thread and wanting us to make it all the way - that is how good we are.

Sammy, and the coaching/support staff; take a bow.
Finn out for Day, if Will gets up (still a pretty big ‘if’ by the sounds). Finn is not doing a lot wrong, but he’s not making himself essential either.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2024 Second elimination final : Hawks roll the dogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back