Preview 2024 Second Elimination Final: Western Bulldogs v Hawthorn, 6 September 2024, 7.40pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They always try and pack same team supporters together. It's actually such a priority that it is almost always a negative to try and get seats right on 10am, since it'll try and fill the pocket and shove you there.
new site does let you choose your seats now, though if you're getting multiple seats you may miss out if you take too long...

new site does let you choose your seats now, though if you're getting multiple seats you may miss out if you take too long...
I'm realy curious, if anyone knows... I want to try and select Level 2 seats tomorrow, will it give me an option to select which stand/Olympic, Ponsford...etc? Or will it just offer any Level 2 seats?

Cheers :thumbsu:

Since Hawthorn aren’t playing this week; it would be great to see Hawthorn fans attend Box Hill this week (see the BHH board).

God lol, just facepalmed. Just realised, wondered why i was getting notifications for the thread. MB.

A few weeks ago i did the same thing on the Sydney board since that was sending everyone messages.

It’s a trap. Our mods just want a festival of the red card for the Doggies supporters making the mistake :p

Harry doesn't go hard at the ball, so CJ is your choice as replacement?

Strange take.

I've never seen Harry squib a contest, and no reason to think he will next week.

Harry stays in.
I don’t think the coaches agree seeing as though he has been dropped to Box Hill for the majority of the last 2 years even when we were getting punished most weeks. Only came in for CJ because of injury and now everyone making out like he is a reason we are playing so well. That’s bizarre.

Does what he needs to do when in a very strong 22. CJ walks in.

Would you call it...sultry?
It's pretty windy at the moment.

Or it may just be the result of the never ending whinging by Port supporters.

They've very well balanced. They've got a chip on each shoulder.

I don’t think the coaches agree seeing as though he has been dropped to Box Hill for the majority of the last 2 years even when we were getting punished most weeks. Only came in for CJ because of injury and now everyone making out like he is a reason we are playing so well. That’s bizarre.

I can’t see how CJ walks in. He hasn’t played a good game all year and is susceptible to breakdown.
Only change I can see happening is Day for Morrison.
I think Maginess stays as he has the bigger body / physicality for finals, plus could be assigned a tagging job.

I'm realy curious, if anyone knows... I want to try and select Level 2 seats tomorrow, will it give me an option to select which stand/Olympic, Ponsford...etc? Or will it just offer any Level 2 seats?

Cheers :thumbsu:
I'm a Silver AFL member, so it may be different experience for me, but when I get to the bit to select tickets (i.e. after entering barcodes), I get a choice of 'Best Available' (and it will auto-select tickets in what they deem 'best' availability order) OR I can choose which level and then it brings up a map of sections on that level where there's available seats.

I can then zoom in and out (including I think to other levels) and select individual seats that are open to select.

Keep in mind it counts Accessible/ wheelchair seats as available using that map method, and also make sure you select the right ticket type (i.e. "member','Guest', etc.) before you do the above (or you'll have to go back and restart and potentially miss out). Helps to have already logged into your Ticketek account as well (fallen for that a few times and nearly missed out)

Hope that helps and wasn't too much detail - good luck and see you in there!

EDIT: And to maybe better answer your original question - I'm fairly sure you'd be able to select a different stand, just that for AFL members it usually has to be in the AFL members (GS Stand)

EDIT 2: All this is of course dependent on the website not crashing, going too slow. Overall though, this year (and last year mostly), I've had mostly positive experience booking (may be in the minority), and I also book for my Pies AFL member extended family (sometimes up to 6 tickets) with generally no issue (missed out once and that was coz I was a week late lol)

Last edited:

CJ walks in because he can’t run with that calf?

I’ll see myself out

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah, CJ breaks lines and creates a heap of space. Can also defend the high ball when necessary. Morrison usually uses the ball well but is found wanting when the contested game is on and the intensity is high. The games he has played this past month have been very low level intensity as we have put the game to bed after a qtr.

CJ is another definite headache for the opposition to consider. We need as many headaches in the side as possible going into these games

I can’t see how CJ walks in. He hasn’t played a good game all year and is susceptible to breakdown.
I think Maginess stays as he has the bigger body / physicality for finals, plus could be assigned a tagging job.
Don’t trust CJ’s body atm - especially in a high pressure final. A fully fit CJ vs Harry is a no brainer but way too risky. Only way he gets in is if he trains strongly this week, gets through Box Hill unscathed then pulls up well and trains strongly next week. Mitchell won’t take any risks

Disagree.

We don't need more bigger bodies when we already have Nash, Newcombe and Worpel.

The way we beat the Dogs is by maintaining control of the ball and ensuring our inside 50 entries give our forwards the advantage.

Maginness' main weakness is his disposal by both hand and foot.

Morrison on the other hand has good vision and disposal. Obviously, Day is one of the best kicks in the team.

Assuming Day is good to go, it will be Finn that makes way.

As you have said, CJ appears unlikely to get in.

Don’t trust CJ’s body atm - especially in a high pressure final. A fully fit CJ vs Harry is a no brainer but way too risky. Only way he gets in is if he trains strongly this week, gets through Box Hill unscathed then pulls up well and trains strongly next week. Mitchell won’t take any risks
A fully fit CJ has so much more to offer than Finn and Harry. He covers the ground at greater speed, both offensively and defensively and is far superior overhead. CJ is a much better fit in our fast transitional style of play. Can play multiple roles and match up well on most opposition players. He played rounds 11-22 without going off injured. If he is ruled fit he plays ahead of those 2. If he is unavailable to play we know either Harry and Finn will play their role and give it their absolute all!

A fully fit CJ has so much more to offer than Finn and Harry. He covers the ground at greater speed, both offensively and defensively and is far superior overhead. CJ is a much better fit in our fast transitional style of play. Can play multiple roles and match up well on most opposition players. He played rounds 11-22 without going off injured. If he is ruled fit he plays ahead of those 2. If he is unavailable to play we know either Harry and Finn will play their role and give it their absolute all!
Correct.

Just have a ticketing question i wondered if anyone could help me with.

Myself (adult) and my 10yo daughter (child) have Hawks memberships, and when tickets go on-sale tomorrow morning i am aware that we are permitted to buy an additional 'guest pass'...so we can essentially get 2 tickets each per membership barcode.

Does the guest pass need to be like-for-like though? I'm hoping to take my parents to the game, and obviously I can get one adult ticket for one of them (via my membership), but is it possible to buy another adult ticket for the second parent via my daughter's child membership barcode? Or will I only be able to buy a guest 'child' ticket via my daughter's barcode?

Have searched and can't find this info anywhere!

Any help would be so much appreciated!

(* i just crushed my poor old Dad telling him that it seems like he might be missing out :(

Just have a ticketing question i wondered if anyone could help me with.

Myself (adult) and my 10yo daughter (child) have Hawks memberships, and when tickets go on-sale tomorrow morning i am aware that we are permitted to buy an additional 'guest pass'...so we can essentially get 2 tickets each per membership barcode.

Does the guest pass need to be like-for-like though? I'm hoping to take my parents to the game, and obviously I can get one adult ticket for one of them (via my membership), but is it possible to buy another adult ticket for the second parent via my daughter's child membership barcode? Or will I only be able to buy a guest 'child' ticket via my daughter's barcode?

Have searched and can't find this info anywhere!

Any help would be so much appreciated!

(* i just crushed my poor old Dad telling him that it seems like he might be missing out :(
I think you should be able to buy an adult ticket with the barcode on the child membership

I thought i was on the main board, being a nuff trying to match other nuffs.

But anyway, yes the pace of some of your players is a problem. We have rectified early season issues with pace with the Richards to midfield move, Freijah becoming a best 22 player, Bramble improving from a battler that I wrote off after the Essendon game to a solid contributor that has gotten better at the defensive part of his game. Moving Lobb back has also allowed us a bit more flexibility and a lot more stability, earlier if a team dragged Jones outside of D50 we were f'ed. O'Donnell has also been a solid third kpd.

The Hawthorn worries for me are Meek, Moore, Sicily, Macdonald, Nash and of course Day if he is playing. Mainly because they have contributed even when the team as a whole has been belted or comfortably beaten. Of course theres others like Nash, Worpel, Weddle, Hardwick, Scrimshaw, but the first ones I mentioned I feel match up well on us, or at least did last time.
You realise you mentioned Nash in both groups. Do you get anything right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back