Preview 2024 Second Elimination Final: Western Bulldogs v Hawthorn, 6 September 2024, 7.40pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
TICKETEK YOU SUCK BALLS!!!

Used my school laptop at 10.02...

"You are at the end of a 20,000 queue"...fair enough,,,queue moves relative quickly, nearly 1,000 per minute

After half an hour, I'm at the front...'now redirecting you to Ticketek"..great!

"Due to network changes detected, you have lost your place"...FAAAAAAARK!!!!!

Go to my phone...now queue is 8,000.

Get to the front of the queue...Ticketek lets me in this time..great!

Remember to hit PUBLIC RESERVE...so I do.

Friday night, Sept 6th, public reserve!

Then...

Nothing

No options for barcode entry, credit card entry.

Just...nothing.

It stays on the screen, where I've inputted "Public reserve"....looping every 5 minutes...until I throw my phone at the wal

**** you Ticketek
I had the same issue, reset the laptop and it was fine. The app is dead, didn’t give me an option for barcode either.
Did you end up getting some ?

Would go close to topping that you’d think

general admin tickets go on sale from 3pm, would have to wait on an announcement from Ticketek I guess

I had the same issue, reset the laptop and it was fine. The app is dead, didn’t give me an option for barcode either.
Did you end up getting some ?
A colleague got through on her laptop...then there was a stressful period trying to type in membership number CC card number, CV number, address, email, etc before the 5.00 minutes were up.

Got there...got 2! :cool:

1994 was a season to savour? They finished 5th and went out in straight sets under the old McIntyre system, losing their second final by 79 points.
Gaz kicked 10 from memory that game and Schwarz before the knees destroyed them. Bizarre decision to make a video. What an irrelevant club.

Can we get a separate ticketing thread going? This one is supposed to be about the actual game.
I think all the ticketing posts/gripes will be done now

I put in two barcodes - one adult, and one junior/child.

The adult one let me choose the member adult, plus a guest adult or concession or child.

Same with the child membership - the member child, plus any guest.

So it's not like-for-like, at least for the guest tickets.

Thanks mate. Manila_Hawk kindly shared his barcode with me anyway so I didn’t need to worry.

Thanks heaps Manila_Hawk. My 77yo Dad, a rabid Hawk since birth, gets to attend now thanks to you. Hasn’t got many in-person finals left in him I wouldn’t have thought, so we are super grateful.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

View attachment 2093205
Looking like it may be quite breezy 4 days out and a chance of rain. I wonder if this means we might go in a bit shorter? Hopefully it changes and it’s a pleasant evening with no wind and rain and conducive to a spectacular game. Go Hawks!

#H#HokBall2024WinningFinalsT#TakeNoPrisoners#B#BoundForGloryInNext5Years
3 separate weather models ( EC, ACCESS, GFS ) at present all call for rain on the day & maybe night.
Timing still too far out to call

Thanks mate. Manila_Hawk kindly shared his barcode with me anyway so I didn’t need to worry.

Thanks heaps Manila_Hawk. My 77yo Dad, a rabid Hawk since birth, gets to attend now thanks to you. Hasn’t got many in-person finals left in him I wouldn’t have thought, so we are super grateful.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

How good is the bigfooty hawks community - had so many people reach out regarding getting me a barcode for the game after I posted, so good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haven't lived in Aus for 10 years. Over where I live we have Stubhub, Seatgeek etc which is where I get my NBA and NHL tickets. They are solid during playoffs as well. Is there not an equivalent in Aus or is it all monopolized through Ticketek?

I miss Stubhub. AFL and their partners can't have the little guy making money on his seat though

So it's officially a sell out then? Don't remember that ever happening other than the GF

Both our 2018 Finals sold out - the Tigers v Hawks game sold out in 90 minutes!

But that was 180k-plus members scrambling for tickets not 140k.

In fact I’m pretty sure our last 5 MCG finals are sell outs (’15 GF, ‘16 QF and SF plus ‘18 QF and SF)

In fact I’m pretty sure our last 5 MCG finals are sell outs (’15 GF, ‘16 QF and SF plus ‘18 QF and SF)
yeah right. That's nuts. 91,500 they got that day – so guess they didn't get the 100K because MCC members didn't turn up?

So it's officially a sell out then? Don't remember that ever happening other than the GF
A “sell out” isn’t technically a sell out. It’s probably high 80k with reserve seats and standing. Full MCC walk ups push it into the 90s. Will be interesting.
Outside a GF, I remember there being 97k ish to a prelim a few years ago.

Difference this time is that AFL and MCC fully ticketed and sold out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back