Preview 2024 Second Elimination Final: Western Bulldogs v Hawthorn, 6 September 2024, 7.40pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you listen to sam's presser from today, he said the plan with CJ was to see him get through a full game because he hadn't played for some weeks.
He has done that and trained again so I'm sure he will be an inclusion.

As much as I like CJ, he's lost confidence, let's be honest.

And in cut throat finals, it's dangerous carrying blokes down on confidence. He's been fumbly, it's obvious.

We don't want him fumbling a ball early, that's instantly turned over and results in a goal to them.

That's deflating. And we need to be up and about real early here.

As much as I like CJ, he's lost confidence, let's be honest.

And in cut throat finals, it's dangerous carrying blokes down on confidence. He's been fumbly, it's obvious.

We don't want him fumbling a ball early, that's instantly turned over and results in a goal to them.

That's deflating. And we need to be up and about real early here.

If CJ is in I just hope he stays on the wing and up on the half forward line - have someone else to drift back. The game against Geelong he repeatedly fumbled it when drifting back and basically gifted Geelong possession in dangerous positions. He can’t be allowed to do that on Friday.

To those pinheads who can’t wait to trade Ward - this is why depth bloody matters.

I reckon this is going to be the making of Ward. Get him in the middle and let him get his hands dirty. There is no better opportunity for him to prove himself - get in there and grab it by the scruff young man!
It’s not that simple. Ward has struggled all year when given senior opportunities yet you expect him to step into a finals game ( in the midfield) after playing at box hill and play well. Absolutely dreaming

To those pinheads who can’t wait to trade Ward - this is why depth bloody matters.

I reckon this is going to be the making of Ward. Get him in the middle and let him get his hands dirty. There is no better opportunity for him to prove himself - get in there and grab it by the scruff young man!

I would love to see you proven right Ned, but he came in after a period at Box Hill and was then omitted again after a poor game against GWS.

I think Finn is ahead of him for size and strength and versatility which is probably needed this week more than others.

ward for mackenzie like for like

the choice is harry vs CJ, my preference would be to play them both and drop finn but doesn’t make sense positionally. i think Harry will be (very) unlucky but the miles CJ covers will help defensively and on the spread. Finn can play multiple roles, just hope he has the kicking boots on because turnovers will cost us big time.

for finn, i’d prefer to largely back our mids to do the job & have nash/finn play a more defensive role on bont, rather than the full hard tag.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our inside mid rotation consisting of Worps, Newk, Finn, Ward and Nash would have to be one of the least experienced midfields we've fielded in a final... ever?

IF Mitch is big on Ward for the future of our club I can't help but feel he has to play. Would hate to see someone like HMo dropped, but if Cj is coming in I can't help but feel it will be a player like him.

CJ for Mackenzie in the wing role, Ward for Finn as a mid.

We always have 3 wingers, and Mackenzie out leaves us with Mass and Morrison, so CJ comes in.

We always have 4 centre bounce mids, and Finn is not capable of that role in the AFL so Ward comes in.

Moore probably shares cba’s with Ward outside the big 3 - Nash, Worps, Newc.

If the Ward/Finn change doesn’t happen then we’ll be seeing some very interesting moves in the middle Friday night. Not the time for experimenting.

People may rate Finn ahead of Ward, but it’s positional.

CJ for Mackenzie in the wing role, Ward for Finn as a mid.

We always have 3 wingers, and Mackenzie out leaves us with Mass and Morrison, so CJ comes in.

We always have 4 centre bounce mids, and Finn is not capable of that role in the AFL so Ward comes in.

Moore probably shares cba’s with Ward outside the big 3 - Nash, Worps, Newc.

If the Ward/Finn change doesn’t happen then we’ll be seeing some very interesting moves in the middle Friday night. Not the time for experimenting.

People may rate Finn ahead of Ward, but it’s positional.
Finn can take centre bounces.

We’ve got plenty of rotation options to roll through the middle at times while still having a quality group of smalls up forward! Dimma was doing quite a bit of goal kicking practice today but I’d imagine he would still be the main option to keep Cody quite like the last 3 times

Finn can take centre bounces.

No he can’t.

He did not attend a single centre bounce this year until round 24 against North when we’d packed up shop.

He’s attended 10 centre bounces in 2 years.

As I said, unless we’re experimenting against Bont, Libba, and Treloar in an elimination final, he won’t be and we need someone who knows the set ups etc.

Unless Moore plays 70% midfield, it’s Ward.

No he can’t.

He did not attend a single centre bounce this year until round 24 against North when we’d packed up shop.

He’s attended 10 centre bounces in 2 years.

As I said, unless we’re experimenting against Bont, Libba, and Treloar in an elimination final, he won’t be and we need someone who knows the set ups etc.

Unless Moore plays 70% midfield, it’s Ward.
Both Ward and Finn will be there. Stop fighting over nothing. They both did it very well against Williamstown last Saturday. I know that was VFL, but you're saying that as if he hasn't been near a midfield group in any capacity for years. That's not true at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back