Preview 2024 Second Elimination Final: Western Bulldogs v Hawthorn, 6 September 2024, 7.40pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both Ward and Finn will be there. Stop fighting over nothing. They both did it very well against Williamstown last Saturday. I know that was VFL, but you're saying that as if he hasn't been near a midfield group in any capacity for years. That's not true at all.

That’s fine, but he’s clearly not an option as a centre bounce mid - according to our coaches who have not let him in there at all.

Finn got the clearances often but almost never retained possession, which puts us out of position when he turns it over.

I don’t mind if he plays, but anyone thinking it will be as a mid in any way other than tagging haven’t been paying attention to the last 5 months of our midfield.

Our inside mid rotation consisting of Worps, Newk, Finn, Ward and Nash would have to be one of the least experienced midfields we've fielded in a final... ever?

IF Mitch is big on Ward for the future of our club I can't help but feel he has to play. Would hate to see someone like HMo dropped, but if Cj is coming in I can't help but feel it will be a player like him.
Yes, it would have to be one of our youngest and inexperienced. But I think Worps, Newk and Nash have gained experience quicker than most as a group, with Titch, O'Meara and Shiels all leaving. And they all had experience before coming together as a group. I know it was a VFL final, but Maginness and Ward toiled away all day last Saturday trying their hearts out and didn't lower their colours (except for Finn's kicking inside 50 from all those clearances). And Finn has taken on the biggest names in the game and won, albeit in a tagging capacity.

That’s fine, but he’s clearly not an option as a centre bounce mid - according to our coaches who have not let him in there at all.

Finn got the clearances often but almost never retained possession, which puts us out of position when he turns it over.

I don’t mind if he plays, but anyone thinking it will be as a mid in any way other than tagging haven’t been paying attention to the last 5 months of our midfield.
Perhaps not. But if need be, he can. Just so long as he gives it off to one of the other 4 and isn't kicking inside 50, which you're correct about...

Perhaps not. But if need be, he can. Just so long as he gives it off to one of the other 4 and isn't kicking inside 50, which you're correct about...

He can, in a pinch, but he isn’t retaining the ball when he does win clearances.

Everyone saw him smashing in hard and winning the ball for BH last week which is great, but we got flogged on the outside as a result because he gave it over almost every time.

We can’t give that easy loose ball to the dogs, they’ll win by 10 goals if we give them the ball after we win it and start attacking.

That’s why he doesn’t attend centre bounces at AFL level.

Hey everyone.

I have a ticket I'm willing to sell for the match this Friday. The ticket is in the MCC section, the seat itself isn't great (it's level 4 basically at the back). However, you can use the ticket to go to the Standing area at level 1 for a better view. If you're interested, send me a direct message and I'll be happy to go over the details with you.

Just as a FYI I'm not selling the ticket for profit, I'm just looking to get back the money I paid for it.

Cheers

I am starting to think Hardwick will start forward or Bruest.

This will allow Moore to spend 70/30 midfield spilt while we maintain 4 small forwards at all times.

Moore is a jet tackles, runs all day and most importantly good decision maker he is very composed like W.Day.

Hey everyone.

I have a ticket I'm willing to sell for the match this Friday. The ticket is in the MCC section, the seat itself isn't great (it's level 4 basically at the back). However, you can use the ticket to go to the Standing area at level 1 for a better view. If you're interested, send me a direct message and I'll be happy to go over the details with you.

Just as a FYI I'm not selling the ticket for profit, I'm just looking to get back the money I paid for it.

Cheers
hi there im very interested in purchasing a visitor ticket if you
Hey everyone.

Cheers
im very interested in purchasing a mcc visitor ticket if you still have one available. i can send my number to discuss further

Firstly, Finn has to play. He's one of the most reliable tacklers available, and gives us a shut-down option. He also provides positional flexibility. His body is built for finals, he just needs to play to his strengths.

It might sound a little strange but I think CJ playing adds to the overall energy and chemistry of the team. Individually he might not dominate the game, but he will play his role and lift others around him.

My gut feel is that Ward could be overawed by coming straight back into a finals game. Although, he's a very handy depth option at this stage.

Either way, Mitchell will need to be creative through the middle to help support Newcombe, Worpel, and Nash.

All this talk of Finn tagging, but has he actually tagged all year? I can’t recall a game he has tagged. Think Sam has taken that out of his game, as well as it being counterintuitive to our attacking play.

Not since half time of round 4 have we properly tagged anyone. I would suggest it’s been rather successful.

He’s been playing mid/fwd when in the side since then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mackenzie has been attending a lot of centre bounces since Day got injured. Do you see Finn taking that role?

Finn’s disposal worries me, much prefer Ward to play that role.

I think Finn can be used in a few different roles, including being part of the centre bounce midfield rotation. Other options could include Moore, MacDonald, and even Watson in bursts.

I hope that Will Day sits on the bench in full match day gear. We walk taller when he's around and having him there might be a psychological impact for team.
Imagine if Crimmins was there in 1975, even if he didn't play. Hope we don't make the same mistake twice. Get Lewis down there as well.

Hope he tags Bailey dale

Hope he tags Bailey dale

Interesting idea, just feel we’d have used him in that role prior to finals if it was on the cards. He is definitely their most important ball user from the back half.

Back flankers that run off our forwards are fantastic for us usually though. Saad, Maynard, Rioli, Fisher..

Teams can’t cover our 4 spreading smalls if one of their two small/quick defenders is out of position all the time. We’ve flogged every team that has unaccountable half backs.

He can, in a pinch, but he isn’t retaining the ball when he does win clearances.

Everyone saw him smashing in hard and winning the ball for BH last week which is great, but we got flogged on the outside as a result because he gave it over almost every time.

We can’t give that easy loose ball to the dogs, they’ll win by 10 goals if we give them the ball after we win it and start attacking.

That’s why he doesn’t attend centre bounces at AFL level.

This narrative is looking stronger. Was highlighted in Tuesday night in the champion data SEN segment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back