Preview 2024 Second Elimination Final: Western Bulldogs v Hawthorn, 6 September 2024, 7.40pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats, hope the seats are great.

Day seems very very doubtful.

Harry stays in - it's his spot now. Ward is behind Finn.

None of those will be playing Vs Dogs.

Who is Serong replacing?

Scaife won't debut in an Elimination final unless the team contract Ebola between now and next Friday.

I do rate him highly after seeing him live in a couple of VFL games.
Gets his chance next pre-season I'd reckon.

Wingard is cooked and cannot play anymore sadly. Seamus seems out of favour.

You bet. Should be a ripping game.
If Day doesn’t play I’d be shocked.

CJ is pushing his case so would be an option if he plays well and Sam likes him.

I’m saying they’re the depth for this squad.

Their backline isn't the best tbh. Funnel the ball out of congestion and get it in quick! We'd wanna use the whole width of the ground to stretch their running while they prefer winning the inside contest to get players out ! Two very different styles coming up against each other. İf Day isn't close to 100% fit, I wouldn't play him and just back the big four + Mackenzie and at times Dylan in the guts.
I know I shouldn’t say anything here but check the points against on the ladder. We are the best defence.

Again. Sorry to intrude but enjoying reading the different views on both teams threads.

Also remember the good vibes from Hawks fans in 2016 when all the Swans fans etc were having a cry.

Can’t believe we have another week to wait and so much has already been posted. Gonna be a great final.

Hypothetically speaking, if Naughton, Darcy and JUH do the damage and cause us to bundle out of the finals race, how insanely comforting is it knowing that deficiency is already taken of with the acquisitions of Barrass and Battle.
And if they do sweet **** all and we smash them...

Happy Steve Harvey GIF by ABC Network

I wish this trade and FA stuff wasn’t happening now while we’re in the hunt for finals glory. Too distracting to ignore. The last thing I want to be thinking about is winning trade week when I still have the finals to enjoy.

In a way, maybe it’s good. We’ve had this to obsess over this week and can get into the normal game prep routine next week with no outstanding trade discussions to be had. Injury report on Tuesday. Track reports from the ITK crew. Thursday night’s list. Yuge.

Also, I checked Ticketek just now and not even single reserved seats are available in the Members. It’s walk up only for the nose bleeds. The line outside gate 2 will be huge as people rush in to get the few level one sections that are GA. Every bar in the joint will be staffed. It’s gonna be a night to remember.

Come on, Hawks! Win this one for Bruestie. So you can win another for Bruestie.

Damn that was a tough tussle and gutsy win when we played them last time. And with the addition of Darcy, Weightman and Lobb – and potentially no Will Day – it's only going to get tougher. With that said, this being at the MCG I'm feeling quietly confident we'll win this quite comfortably
Chol didn't play last time. We had Dear rucking in the centre in his 1st game

Yeah Chol is a massive in. Dear didn't look fazed one bit did he? Probably never played ruck in his life and just went in and did the job without fuss as a raw 18 year old on debut.
Dear was having stints in the ruck at Box Hill, where he looked promising for a raw 18yo.

Handy early weather forecast - nice and warm. Probably advantage Bulldogs sadly. But this is Melbourne - could change to snow between now and then.

View attachment 2095839

One weather app I use says 22° with 90% chance of rain up to 10mm. The other says 21° with 40% chance of rain with up to 4mm of rain. Good chance neither will be accurate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chol didn't play last time. We had Dear rucking in the centre in his 1st game
Watson also did his ankle early. AND we won by 7 behinds. A bit more accurate and it could have been a 27 point margin (4 goals 3 from those 7 extra scoring shots we missed).

If we lose it'll be because we lose in the midfield and cant get the ball to ground in our forward line and can't move the ball forward fast so their tall defenders mark it too.

IF the ball hits the deck a lot we'll win by a lot.

I think we will try to expose their height rather than try and contend with it. No point kicking to Lobb vs Dear or Gunston vs Jones. Just get Dylan Moore at full forward like against the roos leading out of the goal square.

Dogs need to keep the ball off the ground and mark everything, if we can manage a spoil we'll slingshot away. And on if we have it in our forward line Lobb will be sweating bullets with Chol chasing him down. It's Mark or die for them I think.

One creature sits on each of my shoulders. One says “ The Hawks are THE in form side of the competition at the moment. Every side in the finals are afraid of them and they have the talent, the gameplan, the confidence and the coach to get them to the Big Dance and win it”

Other creature says “ Awesome job Hawks but think of 2008. Weren’t ready to salute, defied the odds and got the chocolates. Fantastic!! Drank the bath water and it took 3 years for another chance”

Would soooooo love to win a final or two but in the Hawthorn and Sam Mitchell way, we’re not looking for 2008, we’re after 2013-2015. Our kids need hunger and 0-5 doesn’t feed them. Finals losses does. Whatever happens on Friday week, put a cork on the pitchforks, enjoy the moment and the small step for Hok-kind and see 2024 as an entree. B1 and B2 (Battle and Barass) are thinking what we’re thinking - from 2025 it’s dynasty time !!!

Watson also did his ankle early. AND we won by 7 behinds. A bit more accurate and it could have been a 27 point margin (4 goals 3 from those 7 extra scoring shots we missed).

If we lose it'll be because we lose in the midfield and cant get the ball to ground in our forward line and can't move the ball forward fast so their tall defenders mark it too.

IF the ball hits the deck a lot we'll win by a lot.

I think we will try to expose their height rather than try and contend with it. No point kicking to Lobb vs Dear or Gunston vs Jones. Just get Dylan Moore at full forward like against the roos leading out of the goal square.

Dogs need to keep the ball off the ground and mark everything, if we can manage a spoil we'll slingshot away. And on if we have it in our forward line Lobb will be sweating bullets with Chol chasing him down. It's Mark or die for them I think.
Watto was sub this game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back