Preview 2024 Second Elimination Final: Western Bulldogs v Hawthorn, 6 September 2024, 7.40pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to come back to this, but just thought it was worth a follow up.

He made a similar coment a couple of days ago, and most let it go through to the keeper.
The second time he made the remark I thought it was pretty important to make it clear that it wasn't a comment that aligned with the values of our club, or the board.

I think sometimes people forget that we have female members on our forum, and every instance of subtle misogyny or sexism proves to them that this isn't a place where woman are seen to be equal. Nat is a great media operator, she's well informed, balanced without hiding her allegiance and enjoyable to listen too, and she should be able to exist in the media lanscape without being sexualised

+1 it’s a ****ing weird thing to think and even weirder to then post it on a forum. It’s gross and weird to have a fantasy of being a pathetic workplace sexual harasser.

Just to clarify on what I fully agreed on with the poster above was on the flexibility side of things, and not on wanting Bruest to miss out as he will be too valuable dew to his finals experience in the team.

I've been consistent with my other posts on this thread that if there's a chance of a tall like Serong been selected, he comes in for flexibility and security just incase of injuries to one of our defenders, and he will have to come in out of one of Maginness Morrison or Ward.

As far as Gunston he would never play back, those days are gone, he's way to valuable structurally and experienced and the glue to our forwards to go play back, if the WB talls are starting to dominate our defenders.

Serong wasn’t even picked when Sicily was out of the team, and hasn’t got a game in 4 odd months. If we need an extra tall defender Weddle has played that role all year, why would we change everything up for finals? Insanity.

Serong is ok but we can’t pick 5 key defenders just in case, and only have 3 pure mids in the team.

Great analysis H88, one change for me is Serong for Bruest, and I hate saying it but we need flexibility in finals and Bruest just doesn’t offer it as sub.

We have enough flexibility. To win finals you need lots of proven high performers and a little flexibility. Not the other way around.

My pick for BOG is the skipper - been nursing himself to this line and will let it all go. Blonde prince is made for september. He’ll set it all up and if we put pressure on will intercept all night.

they’ll struggle to cover our fwds - particularly chol and whoever is on bramble.

Needs to start with midfield grunt, led by Meek physically dominating a ‘meek’ english, then get it outside and run them ragged. can’t wait.

I hope so. I can also see them targeting his shoulder. Hope for his sake he gets through.

I can't see us blinking and making a structural change to a team that for the best part of 3 months has won most games and functioned as a total unit .

Bringing a tall in , just to cover injury or because they have talls and we are undersized is a risk itself . It could throw everything out and actually limit a weapon we have against them.

If we go down because JUH, Naughton and Darcy clunk a few so be it.
Back ourselves to play our game and win.

Sorry to come back to this, but just thought it was worth a follow up.

He made a similar coment a couple of days ago, and most let it go through to the keeper.
The second time he made the remark I thought it was pretty important to make it clear that it wasn't a comment that aligned with the values of our club, or the board.

I think sometimes people forget that we have female members on our forum, and every instance of subtle misogyny or sexism proves to them that this isn't a place where woman are seen to be equal. Nat is a great media operator, she's well informed, balanced without hiding her allegiance and enjoyable to listen too, and she should be able to exist in the media lanscape without being sexualised

Well, it seems extremely inconsistent and unpredictable as to when this place decides it wants to have manners and who is the beneficiary.

I can't see us blinking and making a structural change to a team that for the best part of 3 months has won most games and functioned as a total unit .

Bringing a tall in , just to cover injury or because they have talls and we are undersized is a risk itself . It could throw everything out and actually limit a weapon we have against them.

If we go down because JUH, Naughton and Darcy clunk a few so be it.
Back ourselves to play our game and win.

Development is over for this year, performance is the focus and has been for two months at least. The guys who have got the minutes the last bit are the ones that will take us as far as they can in the finals. For everyone else, gear up for the preseason as the fight for spots will be back on with a lot of good players inbound.

Can I please be the first to congratulate Essington Football Club "Happy Anniversary!"
Yes folks it is 20 Years since the scum won a final, 2004 4th September!
Given they are wedded to failing i looked it up and its "Fine China" for 20 years of wedded bliss.
Oh Happy Happy Days.
Enjoy the smiles everyone and don't forget to give a big happy anniversary to all your Essington fans out there. :)

Can I please be the first to congratulate Essington Football Club "Happy Anniversary!"
Yes folks it is 20 Years since the scum won a final, 2004 4th September!
Given they are wedded to failing i looked it up and its "Fine China" for 20 years of wedded bliss.
Oh Happy Happy Days.
Enjoy the smiles everyone and don't forget to give a big happy anniversary to all your Essington fans out there. :)
Interestingly i keep track of my wedding anniversary this way. Holy shit it has been 20 years. Thanks for the heads up :p :p :p

Thoughts on Finn tagging Ed Richards post clearance? With Moorey playing the dusty role where he starts at the centre bounce and moves forward

I’m thinking we may see some more Dylan Moore midfield time and a significant CBA increase to supplement the loss of Day.

We have the forward line depth to cover him, and it will allow him to run rampant with the midfield group.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This place is hardly highbrow. Hair sniffing doesn’t even approach the pale of behaviour here, much less go beyond it. Anyone got that South Park graphic of the guy at the computer handy?
You do realize that that picture is routinely deleted? As is anything that is deemed inappropriate that we stumble across.

We don’t scour every thread for posts though, so we rely on people to report posts that don’t meet the standard the community holds.

You do realize that that picture is routinely deleted? As is anything that is deemed inappropriate that we stumble across.

We don’t scour every thread for posts though, so we rely on people to report posts that don’t meet the standard the community holds.

I did not realise that and I’m glad to know it now. I shall employ the report button. Thanks.

Words can't describe how much I ****ing hate that picture.

2 days out and can't contain my excitement so I will share my personal reasons for optimism/players I'm looking out for that weren't covered in my first post in the thread.

- Cam Mackenzie. You do some reading on other boards and often he is talked about as a guy that hasn't worked out, and he gets essentially no love from the media. I think his smarts, clean usage, elusive side step, knack for an opportune goal, and level headedness will result in a big game that puts him on the map.

- Dylan Moore. This guy is just built for finals. Usually in finals you see a step up in intensity, especially early. We play like this all the time, and Moore is the guy who sets that tone for us. Going to have a chunk of CBAs too I'd imagine in a split with Mackenzie.

- Jack Gunston. It's almost like he is getting better with age in a weird way. So crafty and I think his smarts can be a point of difference against their defence. Jones is great in the air but can be exploited on the ground, and Lobb despite having a good impact down back is still new to the role. Not sure how this manifests but I think something to watch, which leads me to.......

- Nick Watson. Lobb 207cm, Jones 199cm, JOD 197cm, Dale 188cm, leaving only Bramble (not flash defensively but has great pace) and Duryea (smart defender but lacks pace) as out and out small defenders. We won't need a whole heap more from Chol and Dear than halving contests and using those deft taps and spoils to advantage to get the ball on the deck. The Dogs board gives barely any credit to how much this is going to be a massive problem for them.

- CJ. We don't even know if he is going to play but I'll go early on this one and say if he's fit we play him. All of Ward, CJ, and Finn are fantastic runners but CJ is the only one of those who is going to be useful in the air should we need it, and we are one awkward Sicily marking contest from needing it in a big way. We know what he is capable of and I think it's a suitable amount of risk to back him in to deliver despite having a poor season thus far. Due for a good game.

- Josh Weddle. He is going to need to run off his opponent every chance he gets. Every tall you force a chase from is a win and builds up fatigue. Defensively we will need to see him get the spoil/mark decision correct each time, something he has struggled with at times this year (even outside the obvious Hogan contests).

- Josh Weddle. He is going to need to run off his opponent every chance he gets. Every tall you force a chase from is a win and builds up fatigue. Defensively we will need to see him get the spoil/mark decision correct each time, something he has struggled with at times this year (even outside the obvious Hogan contests).

Weddle was outmarked a few times against GWS by Hogan even when having the front spot.
I feel like trying to outmark JUH, Darcy & Naughton this week is the wrong strategy so the ball needs to be brought to ground to maximise Weddle's run.

Weddle was outmarked a few times against GWS by Hogan even when having the front spot.
I feel like trying to outmark JUH, Darcy & Naughton this week is the wrong strategy so the ball needs to be brought to ground to maximise Weddle's run.
He wasn't out marked. The umpire thought he was outmarked. In both occasions, he got first hands on the ball. That's not a mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back