Preview 2024 Second Elimination Final: Western Bulldogs v Hawthorn, 6 September 2024, 7.40pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely the AFL is taking this piss moving this game before a massive final
Dogs cracked the sads about getting a Friday night final at the MCG because it clashed with an AFLW game.

Really a friday night final at the G is the best a Melbourne club can hope for. Who cares about a round 2 AFLW game? They should have just left it at Whitten oval.

Hawks good in wet too. Good game, can't wait
Mate were nigh on untouchable if it's wet ATM. There's a difference. Our smalls have destroyed teams. Your mobs big bodies around the contest help you in the wet. Libba loves the wet. I've seen the Dogs play in the wet and while very good you will have to be extremely good to match us. Not being arrogant it's backed up by facts. Your talls being good in the wet is irrelevant because it will still mitigate the advantage you have down there, marking power. All our talls are excellent at ground level as it is so where's your advantage again?. Jog on back to your own board mate your friends over there are way worse when it comes to watching other teams. You can't even discuss matchups with them there not interested.

All vids deleted mate.

I will not share much again.

Telling Off Premier League GIF by ThreeUK

how will all the signage, announcements etc work? Hopefully they don't get to bring any of their stupid woof woof or whatever lame noise after each goal (I don't like it when we do it either)

I have a feeling that the ground will be catered to the Bulldogs because they're the nominal home team for this final. I really do think that home ground advantage is the only thing the side finishing higher on the ladder should get, and a final should be neutral in all other respects, but I doubt this will happen on Friday night.

Oh well, the less goals the Bulldogs score, the less we'll have to hear their post-goal celebration on the PA system.

Amazing to think the bloke who would be our missing key to the threepeat was absolutely massacred when left to his own devices with Bud.
That's because Bud was in God mode. Lake was clearly the elite CHB of that time with Scarlett. Was made to look silly but Bud also did that to Scarlett that year but didn't kick straight. 3.5 or 4.5 something like that. People forget that.

I hope we don't go in as confident as some posters on here!
I hope we do! No-one here has said it's a sure thing, just that they think we can win it. Our players should absolutely be going in thinking the same! Why shouldn't they? Our form has been great and if we play our best footy, we'll be giving ourselves every chance to win the game.

I hope we do! No-one here has said it's a sure thing, just that they think we can win it. Our players should absolutely be going in thinking the same! Why shouldn't they? Our form has been great and if we play our best footy, we'll be giving ourselves every chance to win the game.
100%

any player from either team that steps out friday night and doesnt think they can win has alrerady lost

Mate were nigh on untouchable if it's wet ATM. There's a difference. Our smalls have destroyed teams. Your mobs big bodies around the contest help you in the wet. Libba loves the wet. I've seen the Dogs play in the wet and while very good you will have to be extremely good to match us. Not being arrogant it's backed up by facts. Your talls being good in the wet is irrelevant because it will still mitigate the advantage you have down there, marking power. All our talls are excellent at ground level as it is so where's your advantage again?. Jog on back to your own board mate your friends over there are way worse when it comes to watching other teams. You can't even discuss matchups with them there not interested.
Ben Stiller Basketball GIF

I can't see us blinking and making a structural change to a team that for the best part of 3 months has won most games and functioned as a total unit .

Bringing a tall in , just to cover injury or because they have talls and we are undersized is a risk itself . It could throw everything out and actually limit a weapon we have against them.

If we go down because JUH, Naughton and Darcy clunk a few so be it.
Back ourselves to play our game and win.
It's a weakness this season. If that does occur and we lose say goodbye to being undersized in the distant future and good luck to who we play in the finals as it will be their last opportunity to make the most of it. If we lose because their talls have a big impact I'll wear that as a supporter knowing we have already fixed the problem.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This week is just a massive bonus for us Hawks fans.
What a year, but now there’s a chance to make an even bigger statement about where this list is headed.

Here’s hoping the players take their opportunity and get a taste of what a finals win is like.

We are playing with house money at this stage.

That's because Bud was in God mode. Lake was clearly the elite CHB of that time with Scarlett. Was made to look silly but Bud also did that to Scarlett that year but didn't kick straight. 3.5 or 4.5 something like that. People forget that.

Additionally, Morris started on Franklin and Lake started on Roughead. Lake was moved onto Franklin in the third quarter after Buddy had kicked five on Morris and given one away to Crawford.

Additionally, Morris started on Franklin and Lake started on Roughead. Lake was moved onto Franklin in the third quarter after Buddy had kicked five on Morris and given one away to Crawford.
Campbell Brown tells a story about having coffee with Bud the morning of the game and reading an interview in the paper from Morris about how he wants the matchup and was confident and didn't fear buddy. And Buddy said "ill drop eight on him".

Geez Finn would feel hard done by if he loses his spot to CJ after what we saw at Box Hill.

I really would be interested to know how the coaching panel are marking CJs output this year as by most conventional statistical measures he has had a big drop off from his prime 2021/2022 years.

Oh well if he gets selected there would be no better time to get out of us form slump and have a big match than this Friday night!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back