Preview 2024 Semi Final : Port v Hawks, AO 7:10pm Friday 13th Sept

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a great story. The team earlier in the year that broke us but more than likely drove us to what we are now. Now we get another chance and redemption is ours for the taking.

Day for Finn or possibly Ward. Ward played a better game but he also attended at the centre square where Day will spend a lot of his time. If Day comes in Ward gets pushed out (will still attend some but not as much). So it's more like for like. Taking Finn out would mean restructuring Wards role and they might back Finn to be more flexible. Hard call but trust the coaches to make the right one.

What a wonderful 300 games for Luke Breust. Think he becomes the first player off the rookie list to hit that milestone? Too bad it won't be at a packed out G (you had one job Geelong).

Moore was quiet last night but I expect him to be at his AA best for his 100.

ins Day, Mackenzie
outs Finn, Morrison

Tough on the outs but I thought Ward was the better of the 3.
I don't think Mackenzie comes back in tbh. If it's anything it'll be Day for Finn, and even then it'd be absolutely stiff for Finn because he didn't do much wrong.

My first thought knowing we are playing Port - Redemption time after the loss earlier this year.
Only changes would be Day in for someone if fit(Ward, Maginness-> though both deserve to be in with how the team is playing) and improved accuracy in front of goals

I don't think Mackenzie comes back in tbh. If it's anything it'll be Day for Finn, and even then it'd be absolutely stiff for Finn because he didn't do much wrong.
If MacKenzie misses this week I wouldn't bring him back in at all for the finals unless we have another injury, or someone puts in a shocker.

Finn was solid, but if MacKenzie is fit this week, I'd bring him straight back into the team for Maginness.

That's the beauty about us. Just when you think you've seen the worse and the only way is up, we will reach new lows that the competition didn't know existed 😂
You seem to have spelt the name of your club wrong - it's N O R T H M E L B O U R N E

Mackenzie played really well 2 weeks ago
I like Mackenzie, not saying he wouldn't perform as well as Harry or Finn, but you don't change a team that won like that unless it's for a player the calibre of a Day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mackenzie played really well 2 weeks ago
He did but when his replacement plays really well in a final, that’s the way it goes. Ward couldn’t be dropped on last nights effort in a final.

Just Day (if fit) for Finn for me and that’s despite Finn making a good contribution last night too. If Day isn’t right, no change

Port were dreadful on Thursday night. They won’t be that bad again but like Bulldogs they are largely a midfield side. Prevent them dominating the midfield and we should be able to win. Their forwards are poor at defending which will play nicely into the hands of our running backs

Can't see Sam making any changes based on last night's total team performance.

The bottom three in Finn, Morrison and Ward all did well (especially Ward) and I can't see either of Mackenzie or Day being ready anyway.

Always a risk to play injured players in finals and usually its done out of desperation (like Docherty playing for Carlton).

It was the Dogs game in round 8 that kickstarted our season, but our loss to Port in round 10 led to the brand we’ve all been loving. We had scraped a win against St Kilda the week prior, but done so in an extremely defensive manner that almost backfired. Against Port, it did backfire as we let three quarters of quality work slip. Since then, our boys have been relentless with their attack even in winning positions.

We’re coming into this game humming and confident. It is Luke Breust’s 300th and Dylan Moore’s 100th, and that is an occasion the entire club will lift for. And that earlier loss still burns.

Port is the opposite after being smacked by 80+ on their home deck last week. Two things could happen – they come out flat or they come out breathing fire. Even if it’s the latter, Port crumbled at Geelong’s physical pressure and transition game. That is exactly the way we beat the Dogs.

I would think no change unless Day is right to go which I wouldn't expect to be fair given he's not doing contact training yet. Hard to see someone who did a hammy a few days ago playing. Could lead to some tough choices should we make a prelim but I would think the focus will be on the 23 who just played in a fantastic win preparing to beat Port.

Game is 99% Friday night.

However, if GWS win today they will likely flip the prelims. Cats will be highest ranked team, so Friday night @ MCG and they will want the Giants Sat twilight. So they could flip the semis as well.

The would also give Will Day more time to recover.
Theyre not changing the semis, they wont give Brisbane ect a 6 day break while Port get an 8 day break.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back