Preview 2024 Semi Final : Port v Hawks, AO 7:10pm Friday 13th Sept

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s so difficult to change a team after a dominant finals win.

Ward played brilliantly, he’s secured his spot for finals you would think. He finally got a solid run in the middle and showed his value.

Finn played as the third winger and the high half forward, it probably leaves him a touch vulnerable as CJ will be pushing hard.

If Day or CJ come in, it’s going to be Finn out unfortunately. He didn’t do anything wrong but he’s not playing a role that suits him.

Not sure if this is the right thread for it, but anyone know the specifics for Hawthorn AFL members in terms of:
-When to secure tickets through Hawthorn/Ticketek?
-If we use our AFL barcode or a Hawthorn one?
-Likelihood of sceruing tickets?

That's the beauty about us. Just when you think you've seen the worse and the only way is up, we will reach new lows that the competition didn't know existed 😂
For a club that finished the regular season 2nd, this is quite a stretch.

We all expect Port to bounce back.

It’s just a question of whether your crew can put Thursday night out of their minds and get back to the type of footy you played in absolutely destroying Sydney only a few weeks ago.

Should be a ripper. 👍

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Morrison stays in also CJ misses out again, may not get back in this year he really adds to this midfield group.

Not sure if this is the right thread for it, but anyone know the specifics for Hawthorn AFL members in terms of:
-When to secure tickets through Hawthorn/Ticketek?
-If we use our AFL barcode or a Hawthorn one?
-Likelihood of sceruing tickets?
As far as I know its hawks barcode. Email will be sent tomorrow to hawks members with details. From a prelim investigation it will be 1.5-2k weekend to fly, accom etc.

On SM-A546E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
The only team that really worried me was the Bulldogs. I don’t want to sound over confident but until the Cats I think we match up the rest of the teams very well. And even when it comes to the cats I think lessons have been learned and we can take them on the G.

Not saying it’s a sure thing but we could be on here, we may still have some big performances to come this year.

Who stops the Hok?

The only team that really worried me was the Bulldogs. I don’t want to sound over confident but until the Cats I think we match up the rest of the teams very well. And even when it comes to the cats I think lessons have been learned and we can take them on the G.

Not saying it’s a sure thing but we could be on here, we may still have some big performances to come this year.

Who stops the Hok?
I thought the same.

Cats beating Port means they move to the other half of the finals draw, and we couldn’t play them prior to the GF.

Yep, we have to win in Adelaide and then in Sydney to make it, but Geelong will have only played 1 game in a month when they host the PF - and we all know upsets in those games are common.

We may reach the last Saturday and not face the Cats at all.

Last time we played this mob, 3 guys absolutely did the damage:
  • Houston kicked 3 from downtown
  • Farrell 26 touches off half back
  • Butters 33 touches.

If Butters doesn't get up, neither are playing this week.
And Sicily and Scrimshaw didn't play last time

Day for Finn if Day is fit.

Unchanged otherwise.

Breust will be sub again for his 300th. Dont think we risk changing that with our current structure.
Yep, this.

No CJ again this year. He's underdone and not ready.

He'll get his lick of the ice cream eventually though....

On behalf of the Crows Board, Good Luck on Friday Night, you have the majority of South Australians wanting you to
"Get Some Port on your Fork". :thumbsu:
I'm surprised you all aren't hoping Port win this week and then lose the prelim. Ken is done if they lose this week

View attachment 2103412

This is what we were doing to them for 3/4 before this team found its confidence and hit the current heights.
On their home ground, in front of their feral fans.
They'll be hot for the first half, but won't be able to stick with us.

It's time for our revenge.
It’s so evidently clear now that even though we don’t win that game it done so much more for us. The learnings from it were worth so much more than the 4pts. Even when the HFC loses it wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back