Preview 2024 Semi Final : Port v Hawks, AO 7:10pm Friday 13th Sept

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if this is the right thread for it, but anyone know the specifics for Hawthorn AFL members in terms of:
-When to secure tickets through Hawthorn/Ticketek?
-If we use our AFL barcode or a Hawthorn one?
-Likelihood of sceruing tickets?
IMG_5866.jpeg

Enough examples of the top 4 side losing under all sorts of pressure , beating the coming off a big win 5-8 side the following week .

It won't be easy . Pretty sure we will be primed to give it our best shot .

No doubt but I don’t think there’s the traditional drop off in the bottom 4 this year (remember if the timekeeping in the Port v Hawthorn game wasn’t messed up Port would have have finished on the same points as Hawthorn). Throw in the players they’ll be missing from last time we met and the inclusion of the ones that we’ll have who didn’t - gee play to our potential and we win.

ins Day, Mackenzie
outs Finn, Morrison

Tough on the outs but I thought Ward was the better of the 3.

I'd go unchanged. - We are in finals - you don't take players with even the slightest question mark into a final

Day would need at least another week

If we win then if he was 100 percent he would come in just because he is in our top 5 players. I feel for McKenzie and CJ but you can only replace people if they aren't doing the job - and the team were on fire yesterday

They've really had enough haven't they
They certainly have. Ken better have his plane tickets booked for Friday night. Teeth or no teeth the port fans will be eat him alive after the game, his best chance is to sneak out at 3/4 time or earlier.

The only team that really worried me was the Bulldogs. I don’t want to sound over confident but until the Cats I think we match up the rest of the teams very well. And even when it comes to the cats I think lessons have been learned and we can take them on the G.

Not saying it’s a sure thing but we could be on here, we may still have some big performances to come this year.

Who stops the Hok?
I'm also a bit worried on GWS at Giants stadium if they beat Sydney. Would rather face Sydney at the SCG in a Prelim, but 1 game at a time.

If there are any Hawks members willing to share their membership barcode with me, I’d be greatly appreciative!

Hoping to bring a few anti-Port mates who are more than willing to wear Hawks gear for the cause! :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey all, Adelaide Hawk here; immensely keen to see the final next week (and the AFLW team on Sunday too whilst I’m at it). How does the ticketek situation work? If I jump on at 9.30 is there a queue for 30 minutes or does it just lock you out until they’re available + do our member barcodes put us around other hawks or is it free for all? Keen to take my young lad along for his first final and don’t want to miss out!

As much as I like McKenzie he's not good enough to be an automatic inclusion if fit like Day is. Also wouldn't want to risk his hammy after only 7 days break.

Not sure if Day will be fit. Before last night I was cagey on Ward but honestly he was great and couldn't knock him. Happy to give Day another week if he's not 90% which he probably won't be.

If he is fit though it may be Maginness who makes way. Didn't necessarily do anything wrong but Ward was better and it would be out of those 2.

Bad luck for CJ but without BH playing I would think he is done for the year barring injury

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back