Preview 2024 Semi Final : Port v Hawks, AO 7:10pm Friday 13th Sept

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nothing to do with celebration, all to do with Jai "Granite" Newcombe.

He truly seems to be made of Granite and when is on song even the best midfielders group can feel it by half time as the Dogs found out.

Port mids turn coming up.

PS : our players need to know the danger of getting too close to Newk without any precautions.

In that 2007 season I think we also just finished outside the eight and there was a game we just lost to Port Adelaide that we shouldn't have...winning goal may have been kicked by Burgoyne ..or was it Ebert? We would have avoided Adelaide in that elimination final...but meh, what happened happened and you wouldn't change it, would you?

Never

If MacKenzie misses this week I wouldn't bring him back in at all for the finals unless we have another injury, or someone puts in a shocker.

Finn was solid, but if MacKenzie is fit this week, I'd bring him straight back into the team for Maginness.

I think Finn’s tank is very much underrated with our Hokball!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

We have to bring it. Knowing Adelaide city culture and Port in particular...they know they are dead in the water, What they will attempt to do is present their masculinity in hopes of garnering some faith for next year. They will go the thump. We need to take it. It's going to be a fantastic test of character for our team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not like Adelaide oval will be foreign to us, it will be the fourth time we play there this year.

It’s in Adelaide, and jam packed with Port fans.

Not many people’s idea of a good time. Plus you want to play your finals at home ideally.

Good to have experienced it before though I agree.

Few players in season bets form over the last 4 matches/

Massimo Disposals 30 Contested 10 Clearances 4 Score Involvements 8.25 Goals.5
Newcombe Disposals 30 Contested 12.25 Clearances 7 Score Involvements 11.75 Goals.75
Watson Disposals 13.75 Contested 5 Clearances 1 Score Involvements 9.5 Goals 2.25
Dear Disposals 9 Contested 4.25 Score Involvements 7.25 Goals 2.75
Sicily Disposals 23 Contested 6 Intercept Marks 3 Score Involvements 6.75
MacDonald Disposals 22.75 Contested 6 Clearances 1 Score Involvements 8.25 Goals 1.25 Tackles 5

Dangerous to be talking about prelims. A great win Friday but this week will be tougher. A wounded side at home with a feral crowd behind them. Plus they have the edge of having run us down last time. Not the given that many think it will be.

Houston and O’Farrell outs are huge for them. We’ll have Scrim and Sicily but probably be without Day. If he isn’t doing contact yet that’s a massive if.

If Butters doesn’t get up that is huge as he’s their best mid. Reckon they’ll risk him given it’s their season. If I remember correctly, Rozee didn’t play for them last time either so he’ll be a big inclusion.

JHF killed us last time. He was the only guy who was having consistent impact even when we were thumping them. Butters came to life in the last but Nash held him before that.

They will come out hot (like always) so we need to be ready to weather the storm for the first 15-20 minutes. If we are ahead or within a couple of goals, then we should run over them. We are a far better side than last time. Not sure you can say the same about them.

Can imagine Newk will get attention so Nash, Worpel, Ward and Meek will need to be ready to step up. Our smalls will be a massive handful for them if we get our share of the ball and move it efficiently. Reckon Moore bounces back this week.

Go the HOK!

This one scares me a bit! I think if we get off to a good start and kick the first few they will drop there heads and start thinking about next year, but if they get off to a good start and the crowd get behind them, they'll be hard to stop from there!

Will Butters play?

I know he was "sore" but surely you don't sub off at half time if that's all it is.

If he's out that would match Day being out
When you bruise your ribs, its not just the soreness but the swelling stops your ribcage from expanding as your breathe so it can be very difficult to play through as you just cant get enough air into your lungs to keep running. So if they are sore but not swollen he may well still play.

Hey Ken ... Charlie Dixon is set to light a game on fire. Please let him redeem himself & select him again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back