News 2024 St.Kilda Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Collard’s very much a work in process, added to that a flight risk.
I hope I’m wrong but he could ask for a trade end of the season.
Second person mention lately about Collard being a flight risk.

Still very homesick is what I an led to believe.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Second person mention lately about Collard being a flight risk.

Still very homesick is what I an led to believe.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
It’s a slightly different situation to Nas, Lance’s family is a hellava long way away & fairly isolated.
He’s apparently moved in with his girlfriend here so hopefully that’ll help him!

Moving interstate or abroad is something I could never do but people get a lot out of it, if he can stick it out and play some good footy there’s no looking back. Let’s be honest, moving interstate as an AFL player is much different than moving over for a banking job, he’ll have a lot of support

I’m sure I’ll miss a few but for the first time in a long time we have quite a few guys who can hit difficult targets and hurt teams - think Sincs, Battle, NAS, Wilkes, Bonner also Hill & Stocker when they are on.
At the same time, we also need our ball winning inside bulls, can only count Steele / Crouch who is injured.. hence our struggle in the midfield. Hopefully Dow is back soon, and Windhager becomes more consistent.. I actually think Brynes should be tried in the middle more, he was an inside mid in the under 18s.. Stick Hill, Wilson and Bonner on the wings..

Last edited:
Only three year contracts for the top 20. He’s on the standard 2
Had a look at the CBA and you are technically correct. The best kind of correct.

His contract status on Footywire is 3 years though which means they dont have a clue.

Ah bugger. Was going off footywire so assumed it was the whole first round. Hopefully he does stick around.
I said it in a precious post, if he wants to go this is the year to get a trade. West coast will finish last and probably gets some priority picks and freo have 3 first rounders.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ross was on talking footy from the 17:20 minute mark for those who want to watch. Couldn’t find a way to link it from 7plus though sorry guys.

Some of the takeaways:

- 1-2 at the moment but still optimistic. Was asked about the sizzle in the game style which he said we want.

- A lot of people moved on mostly because of a decade of no success. Brought in a lot of young people who he thinks will be there for 10 years.

- Recruiting for speed and run, we want a transition game with HF’s that get up and down the ground (exactly what we want to hear because they’re all things that win flags tick tick tick)

- A lot of players out but most teams do. Henry had been incredible his first few games and was the type of player we needed. Looking forward to Paddy Dow coming back, feels bad for Hunter Clark who he thinks can really play the game but has been unlucky.

- Different coach than last time which he’s answered a thousand times.

- Bit of boring Freo and illicit drugs policy stuff.

- Asked what would it mean to win a flag with the saints, he said find a cause to die for which is how most saints fans would feel and he’s not far off that.

How good are those pics.

I remember the cameo of "little tacker" Higgo in the clips/replays of the 2009 Prelim......we saw a lot of that media when we joined the Saints.

How good is it also that he's wearing the Candy Cane jumper for that 2009 Prelim.

Priceless !!!!!

Ross was on talking footy from the 17:20 minute mark for those who want to watch. Couldn’t find a way to link it from 7plus though sorry guys.

- Asked what would it mean to win a flag with the saints, he said find a cause to die for which is how most saints fans would feel and he’s not far off that.

That was the key takeaway for me.

He's still a Saints man Ross, he also said he got emotional when he presented to the Saints board to coach us again.

He didn't feel that emotion when he applied for the Carlton or Essendon coaching gigs.

He likes to coach the Davids like St Kilda and Freo against the Goliaths.

Coaching the big successful clubs doesn't stir his emotions.

They don't light his fire.

Sliding Doors today

IF ...​

this is going to sound harsh ...

THEN ...​

so be it. Max King's absence due to a needless suspension last week cost the Saints a win against Essendon.

WOW DAMO tell us what the rest of the AFL doesn't know

Sliding Doors today

IF ...​

THEN ...​

so be it. Max King's absence due to a needless suspension last week cost the Saints a win against Essendon.

Bold of Purple to recognise King didn't need to be suspended

That was the key takeaway for me.

He's still a Saints man Ross, he also said he got emotional when he presented to the Saints board to coach us again.

He didn't feel that emotion when he applied for the Carlton or Essendon coaching gigs.

He likes to coach the Davids like St Kilda and Freo against the Goliaths.

Coaching the big successful clubs doesn't stir his emotions.

They don't light his fire.
People ought to remember this next time they get all pi55y when he lets a favourite player go or the media beat up around his power.

He wanted to come back to us after 12 years and us resembling a basket case. He put it all on the table and Bassat and his board picked up the pieces and put it back together.

The future success is because of this man and what he is doing.

Sliding Doors today

IF ...​

THEN ...​

I don't consider it to be the truth.
Caminiti, his direct replacement kicked 2 goals 2 behinds.
Not sure King would have done better on a day when everyone else was missing.

He kicked 2 and 4 against the Cats.

Sliding Doors today

IF ...​

THEN ...​

But love the hypocrisy. In the immediate entry before, he lauds Liam Baker as being perfect captaincy material?!?

People ought to remember this next time they get all pi55y when he lets a favourite player go or the media beat up around his power.

He wanted to come back to us after 12 years and us resembling a basket case. He put it all on the table and Bassat and his board picked up the pieces and put it back together.

The future success is because of this man and what he is doing.
I so hope you're right, but what happens if he doesn't find the success? Could we deal with that sick feeling again? Could we be patient enough, yet again, to wait for another crack, with another group of players, another coach and another management and executive team.

The thought makes me want to crawl into up a ball and hide under the bed. 55 years waiting doesn't fill me with much confidence for obvious reasons. We seem to have all our eggs in one basket atm. Hopefully they don't get scrambled. BTW I love RTB.

I so hope you're right, but what happens if he doesn't find the success? Could we deal with that sick feeling again? Could we be patient enough, yet again, to wait for another crack, with another group of players, another coach and another management and executive team.

The thought makes me want to crawl into up a ball and hide under the bed. 55 years waiting doesn't fill me with much confidence for obvious reasons. We seem to have all our eggs in one basket atm. Hopefully they don't get scrambled. BTW I love RTB.
No one has gotten closer since 66’.

I remember when Ross left and I would tell myself it was freeing from those teams and memories and their shadow.

I was telling myself about how nice a rebuild would be and new guns and a new era. But it just never lived up to Ross. They didn’t stand for the same thing and performances were vomit worthy.

We are backing in a proven coach. A coach who has developed this talent we are clucky about. As opposed to picking all gods gifted talent at the top end ala north.

Remove this Banner Ad

News 2024 St.Kilda Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back