News 2024 St.Kilda Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

No one has gotten closer since 66’.

I remember when Ross left and I would tell myself it was freeing from those teams and memories and their shadow.

I was telling myself about how nice a rebuild would be and new guns and a new era. But it just never lived up to Ross. They didn’t stand for the same thing and performances were vomit worthy.

We are backing in a proven coach. A coach who has developed this talent we are clucky about. As opposed to picking all gods gifted talent at the top end ala north.
Couldn't agree more.

The following era's basically felt like they were never really serious. Dont want to debate the reasons, but Ross V1 gave us legitimacy.

Everything afterwards was a literal waste of time.

V2 has a very, very similar vibe. Just need to find the consistency.

Couldn't agree more.

The following era's basically felt like they were never really serious. Dont want to debate the reasons, but Ross V1 gave us legitimacy.

Everything afterwards was a literal waste of time.

V2 has a very, very similar vibe. Just need to find the consistency.
In addition I think in the aftermath of him leaving originally there was probably this idea that Ross couldn’t rebuild or develop kids.

Now maybe he changed or maybe we got it wrong or somewhere in between.

However his willingness to play kids and adapt his style has been particularly impressive imo

No one has gotten closer since 66’.

I remember when Ross left and I would tell myself it was freeing from those teams and memories and their shadow.

I was telling myself about how nice a rebuild would be and new guns and a new era. But it just never lived up to Ross. They didn’t stand for the same thing and performances were vomit worthy.

We are backing in a proven coach. A coach who has developed this talent we are clucky about. As opposed to picking all gods gifted talent at the top end ala north.

Ross and the Saints are like an old married couple, we had a nasty divorce and kept trying to convince ourselves our new flings were better.

Deep down we knew that wasn't the case, after Ross left we lost our way, we were irrelevant and on a long rebuild just going nowhere.

With Ross back at the helm we have some direction again and regardless off the on field results he has made us relevant again off the field.

When Ross speaks for us the footy media all sit up and take notice, no one took any notice when Watters, Richardson or Ratten spoke for us.

In addition I think in the aftermath of him leaving originally there was probably this idea that Ross couldn’t rebuild or develop kids.

Now maybe he changed or maybe we got it wrong or somewhere in between.

However his willingness to play kids and adapt his style has been particularly impressive imo
Pretty clear that Ross didn't develop kids because he walked into clubs with A-Grade seniors, whereas the cupboard was relatively bare this time around, so he really has no option but to play the kids

I don't consider it to be the truth.
Caminiti, his direct replacement kicked 2 goals 2 behinds.
Not sure King would have done better on a day when everyone else was missing.

He kicked 2 and 4 against the Cats.
He was missed as the outlet mark on the wings.

Pretty clear that Ross didn't develop kids because he walked into clubs with A-Grade seniors, whereas the cupboard was relatively bare this time around, so he really has no option but to play the kids
Last three years at Freo was developing kids.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Gee Whately, Kingy and the AFL media are precious. Having a dig at Steeley for his comments on Norwood, which i thought were pretty reasonable. All he said is it felt like a community series game and that he was back playing juniors.

They carry on that AFL players are all robots and then when someone voices an honest valid opinion they cut them down. Like what do you want?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gee Whately, Kingy and the AFL media are precious. Having a dig at Steeley for his comments on Norwood, which i thought were pretty reasonable. All he said is it felt like a community series game and that he was back playing juniors.

They carry on that AFL players are all robots and then when someone voices an honest valid opinion they cut them down. Like what do you want?
Honestly, I think I've had about enough of Nanna Whately. Apologies to any actual nannas on here.

Oh no, he stepped outside the weekend circle jerk about gather round.

Oh no, he stepped outside the weekend circle jerk about gather round.

Yep he said what he thought.

The commentary is,...." We need to brainwash these guys into thinking that Norwood is a sense of occasion ".
Yep sure, Norwood is on a par with a packed MCG. Sure it is. Maybe

You can brainwash them or you can teach them to lie, or you can let Jack say " to be honest with you ....." and let him be honest.
Small ground + 10 000 does not = big occasion.

Maybe if Roaming Brian was there he would have found a sense of occasion, mainly the food festival.

If the game is "about the fans" as it says there, then I'd say about 30 000 people who would have gone to that match if it was in Melbourne, missed out.

The crappy little ground sure didn't make the TV experience better , at least for the first two quarters.

Last edited:

AFL media is pretty toxic. Anything to take the attention away from drugs in the sport.

You don't carry the company line that every single thing about the cult of Gather Round was a raging success, and Norwood Oval is the greatest football ground in the history of AFL, you are condemned as a heretic by high ( horse) priest Whately and forced to repent on pain of universal condemnation.

Edit: Read this on Facebook and every single post was negative toward Whately and his holier than thou BS.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

It’s hard to believe a game was scheduled at that toy ground..

Remove this Banner Ad

News 2024 St.Kilda Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back