News 2024 St.Kilda Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I agree with Thomas to a degree, though I’d not be trading Sinclair, he’ll stay good for a long time to come IMO and is one of our classiest players.

King however… I think they should be sounding out options and not just signing him on until 2030.

Is there any possibility of something happening with Melbourne/Trac/King…?

Or if we could net 2 first round picks across the next two years for King… TBH I’d be looking very long and hard at that.

I'd be open to trading King if we could get a good deal for him, we seem to play better without him so he wouldn't be a big loss.

I wouldn't be trading Sinclair or Steele though, they are heart and soul players and quality mids which we need more of not less.

I'd be open to trading King if we could get a good deal for him, we seem to play better without him so he wouldn't be a big loss.

I wouldn't be trading Sinclair or Steele though, they are heart and soul players and quality mids which we need more of not less.
It’s the ball movement. When we move it quick king plays well. When it’s slow he’s no good. He would have dominated these last couple of week. We arnt trading king

Channel 9 news even saying the contract for Battle may not get us a Band 1.

The club thought they’d seen backlash over the courting of TT. If they’ve miscalculated here they’ll realise they’ve seen nothing yet!
Needs to be a huge backlash from the supporter base if these two fool’s stuff this up

Needs to be a huge backlash from the supporter base if these two fool’s stuff this up
Won’t happen though. I got caught up in the hysteria and the click bait from the press momentarily.
There is no way they don’t make 100% sure first.
It would be their jobs on the line too.

Won’t happen though. I got caught up in the hysteria and the click bait from the press momentarily.
I really hope so
Because a pick in the 20s is a disaster and sends us backwards

Do you think Ross will let them sack his mate SOS ?

How do we make sure of it though? He's unrestricted, the Hawks will offer what they want won't they? Seems he's set on going there.

If it's band two we have to take our medicine.

I really hope so
Because a pick in the 20s is a disaster and sends us backwards

Do you think Ross will let them sack his mate SOS ?
No idea.
And hopefully it won’t get to that. But so far SOS has made no stuff ups for us and that’s all we can judge him on.
I can’t worry about what ifs that may never happen.

I have no say in the running of the club so I have to just sit back and pray they know what they’re doing.

I do think one first round draft pick will achieve absolutely nothing in these important years before Tassie so a certain amount of educated risk is worth it.

How do we make sure of it though? He's unrestricted, the Hawks will offer what they want won't they? Seems he's set on going there.

There’s no 100% certainly in life.
( Well except for death and taxes as they say)
See my reply to Mowman.

And that’s what Stkilda always does. Take that medicine and hold no one accountable for it
If it happens it’s shocking list management

I agree with Thomas to a degree, though I’d not be trading Sinclair, he’ll stay good for a long time to come IMO and is one of our classiest players.
King however… I think they should be sounding out options and not just signing him on until 2030.
Or if we could net 2 first round picks across the next two years for King… TBH I’d be looking very long and hard at that.

I also was really disappointed with Max when he again went down injured without really firing a shot and as a result I expressed the same he should be traded. However perhaps we need to give him another year or two to turn things around form & effort wise. He is still relatively young and I think he is quite an introverted individual and may even suffer from some mental health battles. But if things dont change in the next couple of seasons I will be happy to revisit those thoughts.

Hopefully he goes on and proves us all wrong!

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The club is pretty powerless on what comes back with Battle. It’s the players choice to leave it’s not as though we can block the move if we don’t like the compo

Hawks don't have to help us but I am sure they would play nice if we made it worth their while.

Get them to up their offer and we pay offers for a bloke on their list to help them out.

Has to be a way to get it done.

Hawks don't have to help us but I am sure they would play nice if we made it worth their while.

Get them to up their offer and we pay offers for a bloke on their list to help them out.

Hawks don’t but his manager will be trying to get max contract he can.

If they are actually wanting a ground up rebuild which is all SOS has ever done it’s better to trade out all value, be bottom for 10 years and rebuild properly. This slow bleed bullshit is the worst of both worlds. SOS will have us ****ed just as Tasmania comes in.

Pay him to play there would be our style.

A huge reason for that is letting him become unrestricted. Not sure how that happened but it was disastrous.
I'll take a stab at it.
At the time of his last contract he got about what he was worth. Since then the AFL announced massive increases over the next few years.
The club responded by tabling a very good offer earlier in the year.
Batts manager knows there's other interest and tells him not to sign anything.
This is nobody's fault, its just the nature of the business.
If he CHOOSES to leave over a matter of about 7% then it's coz he wants to be a Hawk, not coz our club stuffed up.

I’m actually wondering if they’ve restructured their offer to Battle based on Barrass late emergence. So asked Battle to take a lower sign on contract over more years.

Higgins getting a bigger photo in The Worst Australian newspaper than Harley Reid that's impressive.

I can't wait to buy a copy tomorrow for Laidley's must-read Eagles and Freo player ratings either, can't miss those it's a must.

Remove this Banner Ad

News 2024 St.Kilda Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back