Elliott HimmelbergAdelaideUFAGold CoastNo Compensation
Nick HaynesGWSUFACarltonNo Compensation
Alex Neal-BullenMelbourneTradeAdelaideRound 2 Pick (28) to Melbourne
Jack DarlingWest CoastTradeNorth MelbourneRound 4 pick (68) to WCE
Jack GrahamRichmondUFAWest CoastEnd of Round 2 Compo (Pick 42) to Richmond

Last edited:

DONS' BID TO IMPROVE ON PICK NO.9 FAILS
Tim Michell
Essendon faces the prospect of a draft night disaster as its efforts to move up the order during the trade period prove fruitless.

The Bombers have tried to improve their position in the first round (currently No.9) as they seek to avoid having their top-10 pick swallowed up by an early bid for NGA prospect Isaac Kako.

Kako has been touted as a possible top-10 selection and if one of the clubs with a selection before Essendon bids on him, the Bombers will have to use selection nine to match.

St Kilda, which holds picks 7 and 8, has been said to hold interest in the gifted small forward.

“We explored that (moving up the draft order),” Bombers list manager Matt Rosa said.

“We have spoken to some clubs ahead of us to see if there’s the potential of moving up.

“But I think as time goes on, we’ve realised that it’s going to be hard to potentially move up in this draft (because) everyone is valuing those high picks.

“It’s something we will keep exploring but I would say unlikely at this stage.”

The Bombers have fielded interest from rival clubs about splitting pick nine for later selections in this year’s draft or future picks.

That would allow them to avoid losing pick nine, and its points value, if a club bids on Kako with one of the first eight selections.

“We’re just assessing all our options. We have had some offers and some interest in that pick nine, whether it be for us to move back and potentially move into the future.

“We’re in a position where we have just really got to listen to all opportunities.

“The pointy end of this draft is strong and it would need to be quite a special offer for us to consider giving up that pick nine, at this stage.”
IMG_3535.gif

port have said they are holding lord this year

But hopefully he barely plays next year and we get him cheap

If he doesn't get a game next year when they have no Dixon and two flakey others in Marshall and luko.... not sure anyone one want him.... obviously exclude georgiadis

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

If he doesn't get a game next year when they have no Dixon and two flakey others in Marshall and luko.... not sure anyone one want him.... obviously exclude georgiadis

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I’d happily take him

Just cos they are too stupid to play him doesn’t mean he can’t play

Just means Kenny is a nuffy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Pies are throwing everything they can to stay within reach of the 8.

I have no info on what Port want from Collingwood but it would need to be just as good as Pick 2 plus a future second lol.

I don't see it happening. Port will ask for more in terms of this year's draft. Possibly a second rounder from this year on top of Pick 13 and future third or whatever.
Not worth it, contracted player wants to go home and they want overs...., yet when luring a "homesick contracted generational talent" home, they want to pay unders. Wouldn't even bother speaking to them, they're not interested in fairness or helping out a decorated servant of their club......if they did Houston would have nominated a club of choice.

6 years lol
F*** me
How much of that is backended?
Make sure you get paid before your careers over Daniel cause I reckon you’ll be taking a paycut next year brother.

If the Pies don’t bounce back and this reset flops he may yet regret this decision to go to a bigger club.

F*** we only have ourselves to blame.
This is what happens when our list management has been beyond abysmal for years.
We really are that much of an unattractive prospect.
Yes we may improve but we’re no sure thing to even make the top 4 anytime soon.

The Pies track record is the decider here.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back