List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

I hated milk and dairy products in general
go away gtfo GIF

Gary Rohan. Seriously? I thought this was just a joke. But it’s an actual thing? Like he’s doing/done a medical at North?
This is nightmarish.
This list management is like going for a ride with a really drunk driver who just keeps driving faster every time you ask him to slow down.

His best is well behind him and the doctors can tell us if he can still play but this would be a pure culture piece. Wouldn’t be surprised if he played some VFL like at Geelong.

I get people saying no way but I can see the benefit of Parker, Darling, Daniel and Rohan - 4 hard working pro premiership players showing the kids what winning looks like Monday to Friday and the on field coaching benefits.

If nothing else I love the fact that we are doing something significant to develop our young players and the team generally.

Totally agree, I'm in different. Likewise I'm happy that we are trying something different

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

His best is well behind him and the doctors can tell us if he can still play but this would be a pure culture piece. Wouldn’t be surprised if he played some VFL like at Geelong.

I get people saying no way but I can see the benefit of Parker, Darling, Daniel and Rohan - 4 hard working pro premiership players showing the kids what winning looks like Monday to Friday and the on field coaching benefits.

If nothing else I love the fact that we are doing something significant to develop our young players and the team generally.
Parker is the only one of that lot really worth going after, and even he is well, well past anything resembling a peak. I can absolutely guarantee you that the Venn diagram of people calling out for drastic change and the people that will be complaining about Rawlings after seeing the football output of most of the above will be almost a flat circle.

We can't just stuff seniority into the team for the sake of it. There needs to be calculated risks. Someone being a culture piece is not a good enough reason for their recruitment unless they've got a coaching plan in place like Petrie did at WC, and I'd venture to say that Parker is the only one of the above four that would fall into that boat anyway

Gary Rohan. Seriously? I thought this was just a joke. But it’s an actual thing? Like he’s doing/done a medical at North?
This is nightmarish.
This list management is like going for a ride with a really drunk driver who just keeps driving faster every time you ask him to slow down.
I think someone told the recruitment team to check out Big Footy for some ideas and they logged into the Kerridge thread!

Totally agree, I'm in different. Likewise I'm happy that we are trying something different

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

At worst Rohan is leadership in the VFL, I don't know why people are so up in arms? List spots aren't at a premium at this stage.
Playing a lot of games of football doesn't make you a leader. This is a guy who cheated on his missus with a club physio, who does not get anywhere near the ball in half of his senior games, and who Geelong fans are itching to get rid of. The scrap heap is the place for him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Parker is the only one of that lot really worth going after, and even he is well, well past anything resembling a peak. I can absolutely guarantee you that the Venn diagram of people calling out for drastic change and the people that will be complaining about Rawlings after seeing the football output of most of the above will be almost a flat circle.

We can't just stuff seniority into the team for the sake of it. There needs to be calculated risks. Someone being a culture piece is not a good enough reason for their recruitment unless they've got a coaching plan in place like Petrie did at WC, and I'd venture to say that Parker is the only one of the above four that would fall into that boat anyway

Agree to disagree.

We need more than one in that 28+ bracket. We need more leadership on and off the field and these 2-4 will help with that.

I’d much rather what we are doing recruiting a few career A grade players for leadership and development purposes. Much better than getting B/C grade players like Port , Saints and the bombers.

We will develop our own 25 and keep drafting in new.

Rohan as a delisted free agent makes plenty of sense, no cost other than a list spot and minimum-ish wages, - if he's beating anybody out for a best 22 spot then they need a long hard look at themselves and they must sorely need it if it were to eventuate. Clarko isn't crazy, we want PC, Bull and Duursma with a couple of bigs and a couple of smalls to be the new prototype forward line.

We need experienced pressure and guidance at every position that our youngsters are in. We need to totally revolutionise how hard we work at training and preparation/execution, and we need some premiership culture players for them to learn from.

Most of us are unhappy with the standards set by our senior core, or what is left of it, and that quite logically turns into 'well turn the keys over to the kids, they're way better' - but that can bring its own set of issues going forward.

If we keep chopping away at the bottom of the list - the youngsters not up to it and the retirees - and bring in experienced standard setters who can double as break in case of emergency types then i'm all for it.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back