List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

PlayerOriginal ClubTrade/FANew ClubResult
Daniel RioliRichmondTradeGold CoastGold Coast receive Richmond's Daniel Rioli, R4 (51,61,70,76) Picks
Richmond receive GC's R1(6), R2(23) Picks
Shai BoltonRichmondTradeFremantleFremantle receive Richmond's Shai Bolton, R1(14), 2025 R3 Pick.
Richmond receive Fremantle's R1(10,11,18) Picks
Harry SharpBrisbane & MelbourneTradeMelbourneMelbourne receives Brisbane's Harry Sharp, 2025 R3 pick (tied to Brisbane)
Brisbane receives Melbourne's 2024 R3(49), 2025 R3 pick (tied to Essendon).
Dan Houston
Jack Lukosius
Joe Richards
Rory Atkins
John Noble
Port Adelaide
Gold Coast
Collingwood
Gold Coast
Collingwood
TradeCollingwood
Port Adelaide
Port Adelaide
Port Adelaide
Gold Coast
Port Adelaide receives GC's R1(13),GC R2(29,36), GC R3(50) Picks, Jack Lukosius, Joe Richards, Rory Atkins
Gold Coast receives Collingwood's 2025 F1, PA's 2025 F1, PA R2(39)
Collingwood receive Dan Houston, PA R4(58)
Matt Owies
Liam Baker
Carlton & RichmondTradeWest CoastRound 1 pick (3), Round 4 (63,68) to Carlton
Round 1 Pick (14) to Richmond
Round 1 Pick(12), R4 (73) to WCE
Liam Baker to WCE
Matt Owies to WCE
Isaac CummingGWSUFAAdelaideEnd of Round 1 Compo (pick 21) to GWS
Josh BattleSt KildaUFAHawthornRound 1 Compo (Pick 8) to St.Kilda
Tom CampbellSt KildaDFAMelbourneNo Compensation
Harry PerrymanGWSUFACollingwoodRound 1 Compo (Pick 16) to GWS
Elliott HimmelbergAdelaideUFAGold CoastNo Compensation
Nick HaynesGWSUFACarltonNo Compensation
Alex Neal-BullenMelbourneTradeAdelaideRound 2 Pick (28) to Melbourne
Jack DarlingWest CoastTradeNorth MelbourneRound 4 pick (68) to WCE
Jack GrahamRichmondUFAWest CoastEnd of Round 2 Compo (Pick 42) to Richmond

Brisbane Lions trade Harry Sharp and its 2025 Round 3 pick (tied to Brisbane) to Melbourne for its 2024 Round 3 pick (currently 49) and its 2025 Round 3 pick (tied to Essendon).
-----------------
Collingwood get Houston and Pick 58 and give up: a future first round pick, Joe Richards to Port and John Noble to Gold Coast

Port get Jack Lukosius, Richards, Rory Atkins, picks 13, 29, 36 and 50 in this year’s draft while letting Houston go to Collingwood, their future first round pick, pick 39 in this year’s goes to Gold Coast and pick 58 goes to Collingwood.

Gold Coast get Noble, a future first round pick from each of Collingwood and Port Adelaide, and pick 39 (received from Port), while the Suns send Lukosius and Atkins, picks 13, 29 and 50 to Port Adelaide.
-------------
St Kilda trade its Round Two selection (currently 27) to the Brisbane Lions for its Round Two selection (currently 32) and its Round Three selection (currently 45) in the 2024 Telstra AFL Draft.
----------
Three club trade approved.Richmond trade Liam Baker to the West Coast Eagles.West Coast Eagles trade its Round One selection (currently 3) and both its Round Four selections (currently 63 and 68) in the 2024 Telstra AFL Draft to Carlton.
Carlton trade Matthew Owies, its Round One selection (currently 12) and its Round Four selection (currently 73) to West Coast Eagles. Carlton trade its Round One selection (currently 14 ) to Richmond.
----------
Melbourne trade its two 2024 Round 2 selections (currently 28 and 40), two 2024 Round 3 selections (currently 46 and 54), its 2024 Round 4 selection (currently 65) and its 2025 Round 1 selection to Essendon.
Essendon trade its 2024 Round 1 selection (currently 9) and its 2025 Round 3 selection in the 2024 and 2025 Telstra AFL Drafts respectively to Melbourne.
---------
Melbourne trade its 2025 Round 3 selection to the Adelaide Crows for its 2024 Round 3 selection (currently 46) in the 2024 and 2025 Telstra AFL Drafts respectively.
---------
Brisbane trade its 2024 Round 1 selection (currently 20) to Richmond for two 2024 Round 2 selections (currently 32 and 42) and two 2024 Round 3 selections (currently 43 and 45) in the 2024 Telstra AFL Draft.
---------
Carlton trade its 2024 Round 2 selection (currently 34) and 2024 Round 4 selection (currently 66) to Brisbane for its 2024 Round 4 selection (currently 73) and 2025 Round 2 selection in the 2024 and 2025 Telstra AFL Drafts respectively.
---------
Carlton trade its 2025 Round 1 selection and 2025 Round 2 selection (tied to Carlton) to Hawthorn for its 2024 Round 1 selection (currently 14) in the 2024 and 2025 Telstra AFL Drafts respectively.

Last edited:

Which is why we dont need picks in 2025 draft.
Really?

I'll re-post the list of our players OOC next year. There are 15 of them, more if we re-sign any of Laz, Drury or Cooper.

LDU, Goater, Corr, Tucker, Ford, Bergman, Phillips, Pink, Stevo, CCJ + Rookies - K Dawson, Teakle, Maley, RHJ, Payne

You don't see any players there that we might need to replace?

None of Caleb, Darling or Parker will be part of our next premiership because they are all TOO OLD. Nothing hit and miss about that.

We dumped the rebuild like a hot steaming bag of shit for wins next year.
You are boring.

Pi55 off and go and barrack for Collingwood.

They just pick up Perryman and Houston and won trade week again.

None of Caleb, Darling or Parker will be part of our next premiership because they are all TOO OLD. Nothing hit and miss about that.

I didn't like the Daniel trade, but did the Dees dump the rebuild when they added Bernie Vince (traded for pick 23) and Lewis at the Dees? They were not part of their premiership team either, but they helped change the culture/mood, standards and leadership of that core group of players.

At some point in the build we had to trade for some of these experienced types to help the kids. I would have been fine with just adding Parker and Darling this year and keeping pick 25, but it is what it is.

History shows pick 25 hasn’t exactly set the world on fire, only Josh Dunkley and James rowbottom are the only ones worth mentioning in the last 10 years or so, so we didn’t lose out on much trading it out
Sick of reading this stupid argument. Plenty of gun players have been selected after pick 24. It won’t even be pick 25 on draft day for **** sake.

Sick of reading this stupid argument. Plenty of gun players have been selected after pick 24. It won’t even be pick 25 on draft day for **** sake.
Representation of grown men of big footy last night..
Sad Fetal Position GIF by Adult Swim

There is a stark difference in leverage when trading for contracted v non contracted players, irregardless of age, cv, etc, i presume if any of our targets were not contracted, the price paid would have been significantly less, is this right or wrong ?
Who pays the salary I think comes into it as well. Saints must be taking most of Macrae's 900k to get him at pick 47.
I'm sure we tried to do something similar with Caleb in offering to pay the salary and give up a cheaper pick, but with Macrae's and Bailey Smith's money coming off their books so to speak, they perhaps were more interested in pick 25 and were prepared to pay Caleb's salary to hit the cap floor. I'm speculating a bit, but I wonder who is paying the first three years of Caleb's contract given we supposedly only gave him an extra year.

I didn't like the Daniel trade, but did the Dees dump the rebuild when they added Bernie Vince (traded for pick 23) and Lewis at the Dees? They were not part of their premiership team either, but they helped change the culture/mood, standards and leadership of that core group of players.

At some point in the build we had to trade for some of these experienced types to help the kids. I would have been fine with just adding Parker and Darling this year and keeping pick 25, but it is what it is.
Well if they stopped at Parker and darling I wouldn’t be so pissed.

My list of emotions yesterday

5:36pm – Why can’t this club get a deal done.

6:12pm – Well, looks like we are going to have to keep waiting for the kids to get experience.

7:14pm – we might have got our guys… here's hoping.

7:26pm – Parker you beauty. Daniel, paid overs but I’m happy.

7:51pm – time for a beer, we should at least double our wins next year.

8:26pm – 2nd beer. 8 wins will be a pass mark.

8:54pm – 3rd beer. Hmmmm 11 wins, I wonder if 11 wins could get us in to the finals.

9:32pm – 4th beer. I love this club. We are going places now. Luke will be so good for Georgie and he will protect the Sheez.

10:02pm – 5th beer, Yup, I think were making finals next year.

10:08pm – 1st shot, The improvement in this team is going to be amazing, we are going to rise up so quickly.

10:36pm – 2nd shot and 6th beer. We could have 5 AA players next year. Sheez, Big X, Georgie, LDU and Souva. WOW, we could somehow sneak in to the top 4.

10:55pm – 3rd and 4th shots. Anyone can win the flag from the top 4, why can’t it be us.

11: 18pm – 5th and 6th shots and 7th beer. OMG, were winning the flag next year… Go Roos. I love this club, time for a 2025 premiers tatt… is it to early?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

you know what im sick of? Having an 18 year (19 next season) jet stuck at half back because he can hit a target. I want that jet doing damage up the ground. You saw 5 or 6 bounces from the back pocket.. i wanna see that through the middle with a shot on goal.

Is pick 25 going to release that? **** NO. Caleb Daniel will.

6:20 in for North

Twomey mentioned our trade offer to Port for Houston was pick 13(GC) and pick 44

So a pick we didn’t have (but were presumably ready to trade F1 to get), and the pick which we had to use to get Parker and Konstanty? I’m pretty glad that didn’t wind up happening.

My list of emotions yesterday

5:36pm – Why can’t this club get a deal done.

6:12pm – Well, looks like we are going to have to keep waiting for the kids to get experience.

7:14pm – we might have got our guys… here's hoping.

7:26pm – Parker you beauty. Daniel, paid overs but I’m happy.

7:51pm – time for a beer, we should at least double our wins next year.

8:26pm – 2nd beer. 8 wins will be a pass mark.

8:54pm – 3rd beer. Hmmmm 11 wins, I wonder if 11 wins could get us in to the finals.

9:32pm – 4th beer. I love this club. We are going places now. Luke will be so good for Georgie and he will protect the Sheez.

10:02pm – 5th beer, Yup, I think were making finals next year.

10:08pm – 1st shot, The improvement in this team is going to be amazing, we are going to rise up so quickly.

10:36pm – 2nd shot and 6th beer. We could have 5 AA players next year. Sheez, Big X, Georgie, LDU and Souva. WOW, we could somehow sneak in to the top 4.

10:55pm – 3rd and 4th shots. Anyone can win the flag from the top 4, why can’t it be us.

11: 18pm – 5th and 6th shots and 7th beer. OMG, were winning the flag next year… Go Roos. I love this club, time for a 2025 premiers tatt… is it to early?

Mtv Drugs GIF by INTO ACTION

Who says Caleb and Parker cant be part of North Success? You kidding or what? How many games have we been beaten because no one on the ground can control the game and players mental fragility.

Those two are worth their weight in gold.

Didn’t you watch Hawthorn this year? Things can turn rather quickly

Lmac and Jy had great leaders and roll models. Look at them now… devoid of leadership.

People keep talking about draft picks being magic beans. The only magic beans I see are Caleb, Parker and Darling the way they are being talked up on how their leadership is going to impact this playing list even well after their careers are over.
happy meal and stinkin had role models who ended up getting sick with cancer, had coaches walk out, had the mess of the hub, had Jack Z as the ONLY one to get em through. We let go of two leaders in Tarrant and Higgins.

They had bugger all mentorships. They’re mentally weak and void of leadership. Can dress up their dogs in designer wear though

We need a poll on what we can split pick 2 For. Maybe even include the F1 or F2 option. My vote would be 2 and F2 for 6,11,24. I think that’s realistic. They will want to keep the pick at 10 to go before us. 3 in the first 25 would be great and we could all then chill on trading pick 25.
IMO...and I hope I'm wrong. we will only get 10 & 11 for this years pick 2. would like 6 & 11.
but i doubt Richmond will come at that. 6 & 18 may be a option ? We will have to take unders...even slightly

IMO...and I hope I'm wrong. we will only get 10 & 11 for this years pick 2. would like 6 & 11.
but i doubt Richmond will come at that. 6 & 18 may be a option ? We will have to take unders...even slightly
Depends who they want for their second pick and who Carlton want innit? Pick 2 could mean a whole heap more to Richmond than it does to us

Sure, but for every miss there’s a massive hit.

If you are going to argue we may have just picked up a bust, you need to equally declare we may have also just as likely missed out on a club champion.

The average games played for players in this pick range is 91.

Meaning for every complete bust, there’s a 200+ game player.
Yep and that’s what Daniel will be

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back