List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

I dont come to gloat because we have our fair share of failures in drafting, but was just reviewing the 2017 draft and thought what a strong second round with one glaring failure in Will Walker, can honestly say i have never heard of him but the next 10 players taken are all guns, 6 All Australians.. Its interesting as 2017 would be considered one of the weaker top ends of the draft but obviously batted very deep.

View attachment 2131291

Yeah thanks mate. You want to kick us all in the nuts as well while you're here or whatever else?

I dont come to gloat because we have our fair share of failures in drafting, but was just reviewing the 2017 draft and thought what a strong second round with one glaring failure in Will Walker, can honestly say i have never heard of him but the next 10 players taken are all guns, 6 All Australians.. Its interesting as 2017 would be considered one of the weaker top ends of the draft but obviously batted very deep.

View attachment 2131291
oh dont worry we have berated this decision for a long time

and at the time it seemed a poor choice and reach also

at the time I and a lot of us wanted Balta

I'll give you our other poor ones. Mahony over chad warner, declan watson over Battle and nielson over touk miller

we seemed to always reach in the second round instead of taking high production players

View attachment 2131291
It's a bad miracle.

View attachment 2131291

omg never realised that

Yes, but I'd ask for something a bit more from them

Just like playing the pokes eh?

We need 8 wins to get out of bottom 4. 8. That is 2 years away and we still don't have a CHF or small forward of note, not to mention holes in small
defenders and even Tall/Defensively minded mids.

You're right, maybe we'll get free spins and hit the jackpot!

View attachment 2131291

Now do the 2019 first round we traded out of

Unrestricted Free Agent Tom Campbell has signed with Melbourne. St Kilda will not receive any compensation.

I am surprised they didn't get band 1 given the other flotsam getting band 1.

He would probably be better placed at the Saints. Then they could have there very own dwarf for burning purposes.
Holy shit.

Mixed Martial Arts Wow GIF by UFC

View attachment 2131291
I don't go in much for the hindsight stuff but holy hell, we could have cooked up a hit then thrown a dart at the draft board and got a winner in that second round.

View attachment 2131291
Lucky pick 72 worked out ok then.

View attachment 2131291
Ok and?

View attachment 2131291
You lost are you?

"Didn't come here to gloat". Just came to dig up a draft order from 7 years ago in a 2024 list management thread from an opposition club board?

Don't know why others here have humored you. Go away.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 2131291

Interestingly walker started his career very well. Debuted in year 1 and looked adult at the level. Culminated in the final round of the season vs Adelaide. Had 8 or so possessions in the 1st qrt, 3 shots on goal. he looked every bit the
correct pick.

39 secs to go he goes up for a mark, lands awkwardly and is subbed out with a serious knee injury.

A week later we get the update, “Will has avoided an acl and will be ready to go day 1 of preseason”

Spoiler alert, he was not. The knee was misdiagnosed and eventually cost him his career.

You lost are you?

"Didn't come here to gloat". Just came to dig up a draft order from 7 years ago in a 2024 list management thread from an opposition club board?

Don't know why others here have humored you. Go away.

I’m not sure he’s gloating. Gloating would be me saying that I went onto the Carlton board after the 17 draft and said “it’s interesting that SOS went dow over ldu. I think this will be a defining selection for him and I think he’s go it wrong”

Now that a gloat

No doubt. Certainly not complaining, but I’ve never liked the compo system. Just **** it off.
You can’t **** it off or the big clubs will continually raid the little clubs and create a bigger divide between the haves and nave nots.

At least this way the clubs near the bottom of the ladder that are getting raided can use that pick to trade or getting something of value at the draft.

Free Agency in its current form is so skewed towards bigger clubs or interstate clubs with players wanting to go home, it’s not funny.

I’m not sure he’s gloating. Gloating would be me saying that I went onto the Carlton board after the 17 draft and said “it’s interesting that SOS went dow over ldu. I think this will be a defining selection for him and I think he’s go it wrong”

Now that a gloat

2 first round picks and left with Dow and O’Brien. Makes picking Phillips and Powell in a weaker draft look like decent drafting.

Is there anyone 70kgs in the draft we have our eyes on? :stern look
Colts Fairest and Best Jack Clarke Medal won by East Fremantle's Declan Pauline.

HEIGHT175CM
WEIGHT65Kg

Koen Sanchez​

Height: 177cm
Weight: 69kg

With clean skills and a good eye for goal, Koen Sanchez is a crafty small prospect who does his best work in the forward half”.

View attachment 2131291

Can't even post hello on the Carlton board without copping an infraction. Go shave your back.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back