Tom CampbellSt KildaDFAMelbourneNo Compensation
Harry PerrymanGWSUFACollingwoodRound 1 Compo (Pick 16) to GWS
Elliott HimmelbergAdelaideUFAGold CoastNo Compensation
Nick HaynesGWSUFACarltonNo Compensation
Alex Neal-BullenMelbourneTradeAdelaideRound 2 Pick (28) to Melbourne
Jack DarlingWest CoastTradeNorth MelbourneRound 4 pick (68) to WCE
Jack GrahamRichmondUFAWest CoastEnd of Round 2 Compo (Pick 42) to Richmond

Last edited:

We look silly once again failing to get talent, losing with a much lower financial offer with better picks. Going to have to pay overs for Caleb Daniel and Parker, and it's obvious Clarko and co are unable to attract top end talent to the club. Going to be another year of draft picks and some fringe blokes if we don't get act together

We look silly once again failing to get talent, losing with a much lower financial offer with better picks. Going to have to pay overs for Caleb Daniel and Parker, and it's obvious Clarko and co are unable to attract top end talent to the club. Going to be another year of draft picks and some fringe blokes if we don't get act together
Yep we have to show something

Hence why the pies are ok with offering 900k for perryman.

Good teams trade their future picks for the here and now.
Hopefully North and the bandwagoners on here can get on board the idea too.
I'm sure the pies fans aren't having a whinge about not landing so and so next year.
Good teams won’t finish bottom 4 next year unfortunately

Posted this in the Parker thread. Our pick 44 should move in a bit once some bids are matched for F/S & NGA kids.
That's why I would rather give up a F3 at the most. I may have missed some names as well.
Bold are the picks that potentially get absorbed depending on Lions and Tigers trade for pick 20.
It should be a late 30's pick. I think that's too much for Parker imo.

Blues 34 (Ben Camporeale?), Bombers 31 (Kako), GC 23, 29, 41 (Lombard), WCE 26 (Champion?), Port 39 (Barrett?), Tigers/Lions - 24, 32, 42, 43, 45 (Ashcroft & Marshall). Crows 46 (Welsh)

Oliver and Melbourne are worse than ****ing house cats.
He's in, He's out, He's in, He's out, He's in, He's out, He's in, He's out, He's in, He's out....

JUST MAKE UP YA ****IN MINDS.
reckon it’s the media trying to keep trade 3/4s of a fortnight interesting.

How about keep pick 2 , get the 15 first round draft picks already on the list to grow the **** up, be men and win the same amount of games and get a 300 game player at pick 2

You know this repeating of 300 games as an automatic outcome of pick 2 is plain bullshit, don't you?

In the history of the game, there have been 103 players get to 300 games. Of all the thousands of players. Statistically, there is more than a 99% chance that players selected in this year's draft will not reach 300 games.

You don't need to keep bullshitting. The point you are making holds up with 200 games, which is statistically far more likely.

You know this repeating of 300 games as an automatic outcome of pick 2 is plain bullshit, don't you?

In the history of the game, there have been 103 players get to 300 games. Of all the thousands of players. Statistically, there is more than a 99% chance that players selected in this year's draft will not reach 300 games.

You don't need to keep bullshitting. The point you are making holds up with 200 games, which is statistically far more likely.

And yet the %’s of players playing into their mid 30’s is probably even lower.

Yet people still think Houston will be playing for 6-7 seasons here if we recruit him.

And yet the %’s of players playing into their mid 30’s is probably even lower.

Yet people still think Houston will be playing for 6-7 seasons here if we recruit him.

I don't even have to look that up to say it's just not true. If only 1% of players play into their mid-30's, that's more than those who play 300.

And it's not the expectation that Houston will play 6-7 seasons. He might, but it's not what we're hanging our hat on. 4-5 still makes it a win for us.

PS - I'm not big on getting Houston any more, I feel if we do, it's winner's curse.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Posted this in the Parker thread. Our pick 44 should move in a bit once some bids are matched for F/S & NGA kids.
That's why I would rather give up a F3 at the most. I may have missed some names as well.
Bold are the picks that potentially get absorbed depending on Lions and Tigers trade for pick 20.
It should be a late 30's pick. I think that's too much for Parker imo.

Blues 34 (Ben Camporeale?), Bombers 31 (Kako), GC 23, 29, 41 (Lombard), WCE 26 (Champion?), Port 39 (Barrett?), Tigers/Lions - 24, 32, 42, 43, 45 (Ashcroft & Marshall). Crows 46 (Welsh)
The club wants to try and move their future 1st, which would mean they can't offload the future 3rd also

Oliver and Melbourne are worse than ****ing house cats.
He's in, He's out, He's in, He's out, He's in, He's out, He's in, He's out, He's in, He's out....

JUST MAKE UP YA ****IN MINDS.
More ins and outs than a well paid FIFO worker at Langtrees

A quick scroll behind enemy lines on the Port Dan Houston thread. They all prefer to deal with North than Carlton or Collingwood. As they would just be strengthening their current finals competition. And see our future 1st as better value than P13 and Richards (obviously).

That and we also have the better financial salary offer.

I'd almost written off Dan Houston to North. But still have a glimmer of hope.
Eh. He said he wanted Port to get the best deal. We've offered the best deal and they didn't exactly jump at it. Likely meaning that Houston's qualified his statement somewhat with an 'actually, I'd rather stick around here than go to North.' Best to move on imo

Sydney didn’t have Parker in their best 22 and when he finally made his way back in through other players being injured, they played hm as a defensive forward on tall defenders.

I’d like Parker at North, but if the Swans are being difficult I’d like North to offer whatever pick they think he’s trade currency is and move on. No games. Don’t get desperate. This deal should’ve been really straight forward.

Suck my ass
Just got home from work and read this, spilled my can of coke laughing, ha ha ha, fear not, remember what Brady said, we would like to get him but not by diluting our hand in one of the strongest drafts seen for awhile. The boat has a very strong interior and the chance of it sinking is about 1% out of a hundred.

Behold! The MEGATRADE

R: Bolton, Rioli > 2, 18
F: 10,18 > Bolton
GC: 6 > Rioli
NM: 2 > Houston, 10
P: Houston > 6
Not bad, but when Brady was asked by Cal about moving back, he winced and said "yeah look, maybe three or four spots, not too far and the deal would have to be good. So pick 6 is the magical number, we do not want to move any further down the order than that.

Swans supporters are getting crazy in the hopes Parker stays
Here’s a snippet from one on x 🥶

Luke parker would not be disgruntled. His heart will always be in sydney. Tbh hed probablly be extremely greatful we save him from enduring his final years at north.
Thankful he could play his 300th game at the scg his home

I think we can put to bed suggestions we’re offering Houston 1.5m a season.

Twomey just said the offer from North is 5 years at a bit over 4m in total.
Yeh GR mentioned this a few days back
First year is heavily front ended hence the $1.5mil figure

Welcome to the reality of being a smaller club. Just not sexy enough, especially right now.

Same in the NBA, everyone wants to go to the Lakers, brand recognition and status alone does most of the work.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back