List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

There's only so much time you can put into players with injuries and if they don't come back in great shape then I think you need to cut your losses. We kept Mase and Garns for too long and really got nothing back. The same with Jacobs. These players had great potential but never made good on it. At the end of his contract George will have been on the list for as long as Perez was. So if he comes good in his last year then he'll get another shot, if not there goes another second round pick.

Having said that I'd have given Perez one more year but obviously inside the club they saw things differently. Compared to the end of 2022 his 2023 was poor.
Hope George can get this debut and string some games because for all the fanfare and possible steal of that draft...yep history will record it another bust and the same with WilPhil unfortunately if he doesn't pull is finger out in 2025.

As for Perez, pity because his ball use was so good at times you just thought a preseason injury free and under Clarkson he would blossom but it went the opposite. IMO, Clarko stamped his papers as early as that bullies preseason game where he had the opportunity to call that hbf posi his only for Perez to show a lack of commitment in a few contests, Clarko swung Sheez into his role and the rest is history - real shame.

yes lets perennially rely on the fugazi of never ending early picks in a perpetual cycle where the rebuilds always complete 5 years away

christ, you post some absolute shit and this is right up there

And right on time…

Who said we had to take it to the draft?

Zurhaar will not pay back his contract. He won’t even come close to that value.

You might think I post shit, but at least I don’t humm on the balls of the club every single year and then start whinging mid year about where we are at when the shit hits the fan. You were a staunch supporter of McKay, McDonald, Simpkin from memory along the way jumping into threads laying into those who saw the writing on the wall from years out…

Do you ever post anything that isn’t moaning about another poster or brown nosing anything to do with the club, no matter how stupid?

Do you think trade period should only go for a week not 2 it drags on a bit
Yep, should open Monday and close on the Friday night. Most deals are already well advanced anyway. Just drag them out for the sponsorship money for trade radio.

And right on time…

Who said we had to take it to the draft?

Zurhaar will not pay back his contract. He won’t even come close to that value.

You might think I post shit, but at least I don’t humm on the balls of the club every single year and then start whinging mid year about where we are at when the shit hits the fan. You were a staunch supporter of McKay, McDonald, Simpkin from memory along the way jumping into threads laying into those who saw the writing on the wall from years out…

Do you ever post anything that isn’t moaning about another poster or brown nosing anything to do with the club, no matter how stupid?

Haha - Zuurhar got to see how it works first hand via Jy, and Luke. Has his mates down from WA. Given the contract, he has the all clear for that restaurant/bar he seems to talk about wanting to do so much in the media (weirdly it’s never about getting better, just ‘want to see the team do better before I make my mind up’?) life Gucci.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The other one that confused me was Jacob Edwards. I watched a lot of his schoolboy year as my wife taught him at Mentone Grammar but was always going to be too small to play ruck at AFL level and didn’t have the forward craft to be a key forward.. but the hype on him when you took him in the mid season draft had him as the next Dean Cox.
The AFL industry was in overtime pumping up Edwards and our apparent mid season coup to lay groundwork for us not getting priority picks at the end of the year.

Yeah they're a pack of idiots at AFL House. If they couldn't see that stuff happening they shouldn't be running an organisation like the AFL.

Not only has GCS had access to its own NGA players, its ended up with one of the best NGA prospects, if not the best one, from the southern NGAs as well. What a joke of a situation.
And still yet to play finals, which means that shit will continue, if not get worse!

Last edited:
I hope so too, but the body of evidence is that he doesn’t. He doesn’t fire a shot until about round 7, he’s now 26yo with 8 seasons under his belt and his output hasn’t changed since year 3. In fact, his 3rd year was the first that he played more than 5 games, and it remains statistically and ratings wise his best.
He is comfortable, not has good as he thinks he is, and has a tendency to be selfish.
If he was as we hope he would be, he’d be in the leadership group alongside Simpkin. I doubt he even gets considered.
So, I hope others go past him (fast) who want it more and who do the things that you describe

that’s completely wrong, he has the x factor ability and when we play well he is always in our best few players, look at the collingwood and melbourne game, in the melbourne one he was the only one in the forward half who did anything. it’s also not about just how he plays it’s about everyone signing on and believing in the club which will help us progress faster.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back