List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:

just the below for me pls brady

pick 67 - darling
pick 43 - parker and konstanty (otherwise pick 61 and a future 4th for parker)
future 3rd - Caleb Daniel

then sit back and listen to pick 2 split proposals otherwise just grab the best mid

do not entertain trading future first

The way we're chasing midfielders tells you all you need to know about the LDU situation as well as the hopes for Powell, Phillips, Simpkin etc.
What mids are we chasing besides Parker?

(I didn't listen to the interview with BR so maybe I missed stuff.)

The key here is it has to satisfy Port.... not really up to Houston

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Bullshit.

Clubs do not trade players against their will.

Doesn't happen, if it did NCJ would be playing for Gold Coast.

START: 2, 25, 43, 61, 67

67 > Darling
2, F3 > 4, 28 (Adelaide)
43 > Parker
F1 > 10, 30 (Fremantle)
25, 28 > 13, 41 (Gold Coast)
10 > Houston
41 > Daniel

FINISH: 4, 13, 30, 61 (River FS), Darling, Parker, Houston, Daniel

Gold Coast can trade 25 for Noble. Fremantle get a F1 for Chad Warner next year, and still have picks for Shai Bolton. Port get a Top 10 pick this year for Houston. Adelaide guarantees their preferred player in the draft. We get Armstrong before Melbourne, then potentially Trainor at P13.

I do.

I think there are a few point where we will check in to see if talks can be opened.

late pre-season before round 1.

After the first 6 or so weeks.

Around the time of the bye.

I reckon after the first 6 weeks or the time of the bye is the go with him sewn up in season where we offer an in market value to him.

So long as we do nothing stupid, I don't see him actively shopping himself and he gets locked up on a long contract on decent coin.

I meant to say start of the season :moustache:

Caleb Daniel nor his management have given any indication of moving elsewhere - Sam Power

Keane sounds keener for a higher pick than 43

He's a 32 year old player who wasn't picked till late in the season and played 10 games, including three finals. If he was as important as they say why didn't he play till late in the year when they needed to cover injuries?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

START: 2, 25, 43, 61, 67

67 > Darling
2, F3 > 4, 28 (Adelaide)
43 > Parker
F1 > 10, 30 (Fremantle)
25, 28 > 13, 41 (Gold Coast)
10 > Houston
41 > Daniel

FINISH: 4, 13, 30, 61 (River FS), Darling, Parker, Houston, Daniel

Gold Coast can trade 25 for Noble. Fremantle get a F1 for Chad Warner next year, and still have picks for Shai Bolton. Port get a Top 10 pick this year for Houston. Adelaide guarantees their preferred player in the draft. We get Armstrong before Melbourne, then potentially Trainor at P13.
We get ****ed in the arse in all of your trades.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Caleb Daniel pls say yes

The way we're chasing midfielders tells you all you need to know about the LDU situation as well as the hopes for Powell, Phillips, Simpkin etc.

???

We're looking to trade down away from the mids, and I'm not aware we're chasing any pure mids from other teams.

He's a 32 year old player who wasn't picked till late in the season and played 10 games, including three finals. If he was as important as they say why didn't he play till late in the year when they needed to cover injuries?
He had an injury at the start of the year and when he came back through the vfl he got a big suspension.
6 weeks from memory

Campaigners in here nit picking rawlings.... he is a former tagger whose never been in the media.... what do you expect?? If anything twomey looks even more nervous in this exchange.... it's legit 2 people who aren't comfortable in front of a camera giving a great insight into what's going on

Perhaps the club can have someone else do the media work. He just doesn't create a positive image for the club, anyone you put in front of a camera should be able to speak well. You don't need Rawlings to be the one making the public statements about what we are doing.

I don't think that someone shy or nervous or appearing unsure should be your negotiator when it comes to trading, imo. I think it is part of the reason why clubs often hold out for more from us.

Statements he should have made.

Darling: "We have had in-depth discussions with West Coast, a deal should be done today." Unless West Coast have already agreed to trade for pick 67 then don't mention what picks "are on the table", just say "we haven't finalised the price but expect that to be sorted today."

Houston: "We have spoken to Dan and we are interested if he is a available, he is a contracted player and he hasn't nominated which club he wishes to go to yet. We have the currency to be able to satisfy Port Adelaide but as of yet he hasn't nominated which club he wants to go to and Port Adelaide hasn't confirmed if they will trade him... so that is where that stands."

Is your future 1st on the table for Houston? "We haven't talked to Port Adelaide about a trade because he hasn't nominated a club yet. Port has expressed what they want to consider letting him go and we have the capacity to satisfy their needs, it might require combining trades with a number of clubs so everyone is satisfied but these can be complex deals and take time to negotiate, the longer it takes for a player to make a decision the harder such deals are to complete successfully."

Parker: "We haven't talked to the Swans yet about Luke since he announced he would like to be traded to us. We will begin negotiations today and get something done that satisfies all parties but I don't have any specific information to share about it at present."

Daniels: "He hasn't made a decision as of yet so we haven't talked to the Dogs outside of expressing an interest if he is available."

It shouldn't be that hard to just communicate where we are at.

Well it’s both really, because if Houston nominated a team they would have to do a deal with that team, at the moment he has a ball either side of the fence and Port is going to make the most of it…

He is contracted, they don't have to deal with anyone! The reason why he hasn't nominated is simply because they will have agreed with Houston that they will get him home but to whoever suits them best

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back