List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

PicksClubsResult
Pick TradeBrisbane & RichmondRichmond receives Brisbane's 1R Pick (pick 20)
Brisbane receives Richmond's 2R (32,42), 3R (43,45) Picks
Pick TradeCarlton & BrisbaneCarlton receives Brisbane's R4 (73), 2025 R2 Pick
Brisbane receives Carlton's R2(34), R4(66)
Pick TradeCarlton & HawthornCarlton receives Hawthorn's R1(14) pick
Hawthorn receives Carlton's 2025 R1, R2 (tied to Carlton) picks

Brisbane trade its 2024 Round 1 selection (currently 20) to Richmond for two 2024 Round 2 selections (currently 32 and 42) and two 2024 Round 3 selections (currently 43 and 45) in the 2024 Telstra AFL Draft.

Carlton trade its 2024 Round 2 selection (currently 34) and 2024 Round 4 selection (currently 66) to Brisbane for its 2024 Round 4 selection (currently 73) and 2025 Round 2 selection in the 2024 and 2025 Telstra AFL Drafts respectively.

Carlton trade its 2025 Round 1 selection and 2025 Round 2 selection (tied to Carlton) to Hawthorn for its 2024 Round 1 selection (currently 14) in the 2024 and 2025 Telstra AFL Drafts respectively.

PlayerOriginal ClubTrade/FANew ClubResult
Isaac CummingGWSUFAAdelaideEnd of Round 1 Compo (pick 21) to GWS
Josh BattleSt KildaUFAHawthornRound 1 Compo (Pick 8) to St.Kilda
Tom CampbellSt KildaDFAMelbourneNo Compensation
Harry PerrymanGWSUFACollingwoodRound 1 Compo (Pick 16) to GWS
Elliott HimmelbergAdelaideUFAGold CoastNo Compensation
Nick HaynesGWSUFACarltonNo Compensation
Alex Neal-BullenMelbourneTradeAdelaideRound 2 Pick (28) to Melbourne
Jack DarlingWest CoastTradeNorth MelbourneRound 4 pick (68) to WCE
Jack GrahamRichmondUFAWest CoastEnd of Round 2 Compo (Pick 42) to Richmond

Last edited:

With 12 and 14. Good luck to them.
Happy Eddie Murphy GIF by Laff
Some of these entitled clubs are delusional. The entitlement is possibly the reason.

For the more knowledgeable draft observers… if we swung 2 to GCS for 6 & 13… could we swing 6 & our pick in the 20s for Carlton’s 12 & 14?

Would leave us with 12, 13 & 14 for 2 & 25. Too skewed for us?
We would get more value in positions of need, but giving up the chance of one from the second bracket would be a big gamble.

interesting tidbit from Brady in that interview about darling - says we have him for a few years so our young key forwards don’t have to play as focal KPPs then rattles off 19,20,21 year olds

Only guys we have in that range are maley and shotgun who I see as being more of a defender. Reckon we’ve committed to a forward with our pick, be it Armstrong or Tauru

interesting tidbit from Brady in that interview about darling - says we have him for a few years so our young key forwards don’t have to play as focal KPPs then rattles off 19,20,21 year olds

Only guys we have in that range are maley and shotgun who I see as being more of a defender. Reckon we’ve committed to a forward with our pick, be it Armstrong or Tauru
If we swap 2 for say 6/14 we could very well get Tauru, then 2 of Shanahan, Whitlock, Berry, Hannaford and Gerreyn.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully. It also suggests we don't see either CCJ or Teakle in our long-term plans. Personally I'd cut and payout CJ now. I don't see the point of keeping him on the list when he's likely to miss the start of the season and get delisted at the end of it.

Hopefully. It also suggests we don't see either CCJ or Teakle in our long-term plans. Personally I'd cut and payout CJ now. I don't see the point of keeping him on the list when he's likely to miss the start of the season and get delisted at the end of it.
I agree but I think in Free's absence CCJ must be the ruck depth until Goad is ready.

Yes, but future picks always have a discount applied to them. Which is why we should be splitting 2 instead.

Possibly, although you need to find another club who is willing to do that in a draft that seems to have a wide open top 6-7.

Houston is a jet but that F1 will be a top three pick, even with him.

You wouldn't be planning on Teakle making it, its just a nice bonus if he does.

Possibly, although you need to find another club who is willing to do that in a draft that seems to have a wide open top 6-7.

Houston is a jet but that F1 will be a top three pick, even with him.
Definitely a hard year to split. I'd try the Saints. 2 for 7 (Houston), F1. Then try and trade their F1 back into this draft. They should be looking for a gun mid and the best ones are likely to be gone by their pick.

Should've been given a crack with us long ago.
I like Watkins but he's so similar to Lazzaro as a footballer.

We already have too many undersized mids.

I guess it depends on the configuration.

We were playing X and Teakle and Pink for most of the second half of the season.

If Xerri does a hammy, we'd probably need to field Teakle and CCJ, assuming Darling replaces Pink.
A good reminder that our depth is lacking, and depth is what makes for good campaigns, competition, and improvement.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back