List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

PicksClubsResult
Pick TradeBrisbane & RichmondRichmond receives Brisbane's 1R Pick (pick 20)
Brisbane receives Richmond's 2R (32,42), 3R (43,45) Picks
Pick TradeCarlton & BrisbaneCarlton receives Brisbane's R4 (73), 2025 R2 Pick
Brisbane receives Carlton's R2(34), R4(66)
Pick TradeCarlton & HawthornCarlton receives Hawthorn's R1(14) pick
Hawthorn receives Carlton's 2025 R1, R2 (tied to Carlton) picks

Brisbane trade its 2024 Round 1 selection (currently 20) to Richmond for two 2024 Round 2 selections (currently 32 and 42) and two 2024 Round 3 selections (currently 43 and 45) in the 2024 Telstra AFL Draft.

Carlton trade its 2024 Round 2 selection (currently 34) and 2024 Round 4 selection (currently 66) to Brisbane for its 2024 Round 4 selection (currently 73) and 2025 Round 2 selection in the 2024 and 2025 Telstra AFL Drafts respectively.

Carlton trade its 2025 Round 1 selection and 2025 Round 2 selection (tied to Carlton) to Hawthorn for its 2024 Round 1 selection (currently 14) in the 2024 and 2025 Telstra AFL Drafts respectively.

PlayerOriginal ClubTrade/FANew ClubResult
Isaac CummingGWSUFAAdelaideEnd of Round 1 Compo (pick 21) to GWS
Josh BattleSt KildaUFAHawthornRound 1 Compo (Pick 8) to St.Kilda
Tom CampbellSt KildaDFAMelbourneNo Compensation
Harry PerrymanGWSUFACollingwoodRound 1 Compo (Pick 16) to GWS
Elliott HimmelbergAdelaideUFAGold CoastNo Compensation
Nick HaynesGWSUFACarltonNo Compensation
Alex Neal-BullenMelbourneTradeAdelaideRound 2 Pick (28) to Melbourne
Jack DarlingWest CoastTradeNorth MelbourneRound 4 pick (68) to WCE
Jack GrahamRichmondUFAWest CoastEnd of Round 2 Compo (Pick 42) to Richmond

Last edited:

A good reminder that our depth is lacking, and depth is what makes for good campaigns, competition, and improvement.
Absolutely. Our competition for key forward and small forward spots is non existent. Really hope the club's estimation of Maley, RHJ and Payne is well placed. But in any case, we're overdue to spend some serious draft capital on those positions.

We should have traded some of those with value years ago when they had value, and picked up someone like Watkins.

Has outperformed Phillips, Lazz and Powell at VFL level for years.

Yes to out performing Phillips, no to Powell as he's been playing AFL level for the majority of the time.

Then Lazzaro who is extremely similar as a footballer and has unfortunately proven to be not up to matching it with the AFL midfielders is certainly not being outperformed. In fact they perform quite similarly with Lazzaro actually ahead statistically based on averages.

Plain and simply they are both very good state leagues footballers.

1728650268971.png

We should have traded some of those with value years ago when they had value, and picked up someone like Watkins.

Has outperformed Phillips, Lazz and Powell at VFL level for years.

I sort of hoped your anti-Powell stance of last year would wane over the course of this season (given he was very good), but no, the Powell snipes have crept back in of late.

It is beyond ridiculous to say Watkins has outperformed Powell.

I'm actually not completely against involving our future first for Houston (would be expecting stuff back, or pick upgrades). Houston is an AA half backman with several years of good-great footy left in him, Parker is a quality mid/forward, Darling will hopefully make the forwards structure up and lead better (and is an upgrade on teakle-me-pink). 3 experienced players, covering the entire field.

Get rid of the temptation of finishing on the lower end of the ladder, by giving the future 1st rounder to someone else, and play to bloody win. We have the nucleus of the side that can be contending in several years. Get them experience in winning games and a good training culture, so that they can be the ones leading by example for future draftees. The rot has to stop sooner rather than later.

Possibly, although you need to find another club who is willing to do that in a draft that seems to have a wide open top 6-7.

Houston is a jet but that F1 will be a top three pick, even with him.
Round 5 last season was the battle between 16th and 17th. One of them went on to finish 7th and punched well above their weight on intensity and belief.

I know it's probable that we finish somewhere between 10th and 16th, but you never know. Parker, Houston, and Darling with 5-10% list improvement could see us string a few together next season.

Here's hoping, anyway.

I'm fine with a f1 for Houston, but the club should battle hard for Poorta pick 39.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm actually not completely against involving our future first for Houston (would be expecting stuff back, or pick upgrades). Houston is an AA half backman with several years of good-great footy left in him, Parker is a quality mid/forward, Darling will hopefully make the forwards structure up and lead better (and is an upgrade on teakle-me-pink). 3 experienced players, covering the entire field.

Get rid of the temptation of finishing on the lower end of the ladder, by giving the future 1st rounder to someone else, and play to bloody win. We have the nucleus of the side that can be contending in several years. Get them experience in winning games and a good training culture, so that they can be the ones leading by example for future draftees. The rot has to stop sooner rather than later.
Giving up your future first doesn’t incentivise players to win.

Players wouldn’t go out there and play better because we have traded our future first away.

Too many people are way too optimistic about our finishing position next year. Even with improvement I still have us in the bottom 4.

If Houston had any interest in playing for the NMFC - the deal would have been long done by now.

No way the PAFC would not jump at our future first because they'd reckon it's a certain top three pick next year.

We need to channel Ron Joseph - show some spine - and pull our offer.
Port don't want our future first. Houston is just trying to get back to Victoria.

They want a first-rounder from this draft at the very least. Port is the barrier here not Houston.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Giving up your future first doesn’t incentivise players to win.

Players wouldn’t go out there and play better because we have traded our future first away.

Too many people are way too optimistic about our finishing position next year. Even with improvement I still have us in the bottom 4.
It's about the coaches/club not the players. I'm not talking about tanking exactly, but they have a series of decisions to make throughout the season, and desired finishing position (higher or lower) plays a part in that. Decisions for the short term, medium term, long term etc etc. More and more, long term decisions look to me like 'be shit and finish low while hoping the kids learn some shit during the losses'. I think we've had enough of that this era. Remove the tempation.

Ah trade season…it make people do crazy things….love this time of the year..
Reminds me of a song by Timmy trumpet….
The freaks sure do go nuts at this time of year…..or trade radio will definitely do that ..
Found this gem….😂👏 enjoy….how many more days before everyone loses their minds

Conveniently forgets how they got Kelly.

Nah, that's about Liam Martin from Penrith pulling out of the Kangaroos squad - Kangaroos as in the National Rugby League team.

Kangaroos suffer brutal injury blow as star ruled out of Pacific Championships​

Mal Meninga has copped a major blow ahead of Australia's Pacific Championships campaign with Penrith star and reigning Clive Churchill Medal winner Liam Martin ruled out of the tournament.

Apparently there's news Melbourne is willing to trade heavily to do 5 and 13 for 2 and 44. Surely North accepts that. It seems way overs, especially if the rumours are true re: you wanting Tauru.

I'd imagine highest Tigers would bid would be 6 and 18.

Apparently there's news Melbourne is willing to trade heavily to do 5 and 13 for 2 and 44. Surely North accepts that. It seems way overs, especially if the rumours are true re: you wanting Tauru.

I'd imagine highest Tigers would bid would be 6 and 18.
No way they offer that. But if they did we'd grab it before they had a chance to sober up I reckon

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back