List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

PicksClubsResult
Pick TradeBrisbane & RichmondRichmond receives Brisbane's 1R Pick (pick 20)
Brisbane receives Richmond's 2R (32,42), 3R (43,45) Picks
Pick TradeCarlton & BrisbaneCarlton receives Brisbane's R4 (73), 2025 R2 Pick
Brisbane receives Carlton's R2(34), R4(66)
Pick TradeCarlton & HawthornCarlton receives Hawthorn's R1(14) pick
Hawthorn receives Carlton's 2025 R1, R2 (tied to Carlton) picks

Brisbane trade its 2024 Round 1 selection (currently 20) to Richmond for two 2024 Round 2 selections (currently 32 and 42) and two 2024 Round 3 selections (currently 43 and 45) in the 2024 Telstra AFL Draft.

Carlton trade its 2024 Round 2 selection (currently 34) and 2024 Round 4 selection (currently 66) to Brisbane for its 2024 Round 4 selection (currently 73) and 2025 Round 2 selection in the 2024 and 2025 Telstra AFL Drafts respectively.

Carlton trade its 2025 Round 1 selection and 2025 Round 2 selection (tied to Carlton) to Hawthorn for its 2024 Round 1 selection (currently 14) in the 2024 and 2025 Telstra AFL Drafts respectively.

PlayerOriginal ClubTrade/FANew ClubResult
Isaac CummingGWSUFAAdelaideEnd of Round 1 Compo (pick 21) to GWS
Josh BattleSt KildaUFAHawthornRound 1 Compo (Pick 8) to St.Kilda
Tom CampbellSt KildaDFAMelbourneNo Compensation
Harry PerrymanGWSUFACollingwoodRound 1 Compo (Pick 16) to GWS
Elliott HimmelbergAdelaideUFAGold CoastNo Compensation
Nick HaynesGWSUFACarltonNo Compensation
Alex Neal-BullenMelbourneTradeAdelaideRound 2 Pick (28) to Melbourne
Jack DarlingWest CoastTradeNorth MelbourneRound 4 pick (68) to WCE
Jack GrahamRichmondUFAWest CoastEnd of Round 2 Compo (Pick 42) to Richmond

Last edited:

Apparently there's news Melbourne is willing to trade heavily to do 5 and 13 for 2 and 44. Surely North accepts that. It seems way overs, especially if the rumours are true re: you wanting Tauru.

I'd imagine highest Tigers would bid would be 6 and 18.
Melbourne are proven at getting back in to the top end of drafts so good on them, how are they getting 13 from GCS?

Melbourne are proven at getting back in to the top end of drafts so good on them, how are they getting 13 from GCS?
Apparently they want to trade pick 28 and their future 1st. It's way too much of an investment on their behalf, IMO

That doesn't make any sense as a way to get pick 2, because we would do 2 for 5 + F1. They wouldn't need to get 13 first.
Agreed, but it's just what's being reported. Might be BS, like most stuff that journos come up with.

If Houston had any interest in playing for the NMFC - the deal would have been long done by now.

No way the PAFC would not jump at our future first because they'd reckon it's a certain top three pick next year.

We need to channel Ron Joseph - show some spine - and pull our offer.

You clearly don't understand the situation...

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Nah, that's about Liam Martin from Penrith pulling out of the Kangaroos squad - Kangaroos as in the National Rugby League team.

Kangaroos suffer brutal injury blow as star ruled out of Pacific Championships​

Mal Meninga has copped a major blow ahead of Australia's Pacific Championships campaign with Penrith star and reigning Clive Churchill Medal winner Liam Martin ruled out of the tournament.

One day wakes up to Sheez being traded, today thinks Parker pulled out... tough couple of mornings!

One day wakes up to Sheez being traded, today thinks Parker pulled out... tough couple of mornings!

Oh HS was being traded? Oh my ..... musta skimmed by that/those pages :-D

If port are wanting a pick in this draft for Houston and we are offering our f1 for next year does this mean we are having trouble splitting this years pick 2? I would have thought it best we split this years pick 2 and hand port one of those?

Problem appears to be not many of top 8 are willing to trade out.... * were looking to move up but couldn't so now looking to mv out of 9

Yes to out performing Phillips, no to Powell as he's been playing AFL level for the majority of the time.

Then Lazzaro who is extremely similar as a footballer and has unfortunately proven to be not up to matching it with the AFL midfielders is certainly not being outperformed. In fact they perform quite similarly with Lazzaro actually ahead statistically based on averages.

Plain and simply they are both very good state leagues footballers.

View attachment 2138723
From the perspective of years ago, when they were all in the VFL together, he was still braining it while they were struggling.

Lazz has also been pretty hard done by IMO. Would've had far more opportunity if he was an earlier pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently there's news Melbourne is willing to trade heavily to do 5 and 13 for 2 and 44. Surely North accepts that. It seems way overs, especially if the rumours are true re: you wanting Tauru.

Melbourne paid pick 27 and 35 last year to move from 14 to 11.

Dogs paid 10, 17 and future 1st for 4, 46, 51 and future 3rd from GC.

I think when you identify someone you really want and it seems like another club has interest in that player and will go before you can then if you think your list is in a good spot you can afford to pay a premium to ensure you get the player that you really want.

Picks really have different values depending on where your list is at imo.

For us, I am sure the player we pick at 2 will be a good player, but because we have so many holes in our list it is just more attractive to be able to look at a couple of prospects in a year where the top end of the draft seem relatively even.

However, I think a number of players are hard to judge because they have had interrupted seasons due to injuries. I am sure with the benefit of hindsight we will find that some players weren't rated accurately. If you have talent gurus that think they can account for disruptions particularly this year and they think a player in a few years will be a star then they can justify making those type of trades where at face value it seems that it is overs.

If we want Houston so badly just give them pick 2 and get it done

I don't think Port want to lose him so they are sabotaging trade talks to say well, we tried but nobody would cough up.

We haven't said we wanted him so badly.

Sign that shit before they wake up

That doesn't make any sense as a way to get pick 2, because we would do 2 for 5 + F1. They wouldn't need to get 13 first.

Would we? I would prefer 13 this year than a later first round pick next year.

interesting tidbit from Brady in that interview about darling - says we have him for a few years so our young key forwards don’t have to play as focal KPPs then rattles off 19,20,21 year olds

Only guys we have in that range are maley and shotgun who I see as being more of a defender. Reckon we’ve committed to a forward with our pick, be it Armstrong or Tauru
That’s contingent on Darling playing well/being good enough to do that for two years and said young guys not playing well enough to demand attention, whether they’re the focal points or not.

Form will dictate much of how opposition approach us, not what we want.

Our offer is still a future first. Port have asked for way overs and we have said 'no'.

Our list management isn't that stupid. No one is.
They’re stupid for putting F1 alone on the table for a player that isn’t a star mid or a star key position player.

Clarkson in self preservation mode.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back