List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

PicksClubsResult
Pick TradeBrisbane & RichmondRichmond receives Brisbane's 1R Pick (pick 20)
Brisbane receives Richmond's 2R (32,42), 3R (43,45) Picks
Pick TradeCarlton & BrisbaneCarlton receives Brisbane's R4 (73), 2025 R2 Pick
Brisbane receives Carlton's R2(34), R4(66)
Pick TradeCarlton & HawthornCarlton receives Hawthorn's R1(14) pick
Hawthorn receives Carlton's 2025 R1, R2 (tied to Carlton) picks

Brisbane trade its 2024 Round 1 selection (currently 20) to Richmond for two 2024 Round 2 selections (currently 32 and 42) and two 2024 Round 3 selections (currently 43 and 45) in the 2024 Telstra AFL Draft.

Carlton trade its 2024 Round 2 selection (currently 34) and 2024 Round 4 selection (currently 66) to Brisbane for its 2024 Round 4 selection (currently 73) and 2025 Round 2 selection in the 2024 and 2025 Telstra AFL Drafts respectively.

Carlton trade its 2025 Round 1 selection and 2025 Round 2 selection (tied to Carlton) to Hawthorn for its 2024 Round 1 selection (currently 14) in the 2024 and 2025 Telstra AFL Drafts respectively.

PlayerOriginal ClubTrade/FANew ClubResult
Isaac CummingGWSUFAAdelaideEnd of Round 1 Compo (pick 21) to GWS
Josh BattleSt KildaUFAHawthornRound 1 Compo (Pick 8) to St.Kilda
Tom CampbellSt KildaDFAMelbourneNo Compensation
Harry PerrymanGWSUFACollingwoodRound 1 Compo (Pick 16) to GWS
Elliott HimmelbergAdelaideUFAGold CoastNo Compensation
Nick HaynesGWSUFACarltonNo Compensation
Alex Neal-BullenMelbourneTradeAdelaideRound 2 Pick (28) to Melbourne
Jack DarlingWest CoastTradeNorth MelbourneRound 4 pick (68) to WCE
Jack GrahamRichmondUFAWest CoastEnd of Round 2 Compo (Pick 42) to Richmond

Last edited:

The saying of "Strike while the iron is hot" is never better made an example of Houston at the moment. He stays at Port for another year and gets injured then his price will drop for his next contract at Port or anywhere else he goes. He needs to takes what we are offering as all the other clubs wont be able to match us financially and he is set up for the life of the contract , most likely 5+ years.

Apparently the industry attracts the best and brightest minds yet after 5 days of trades, we've had a total of two players move. One of those involved a player whose Club couldn't wait to move him on. A group of work experience kids could do better.
I can’t understand why they don’t take it back to being 1 trade week.

Teams can obviously do their ground work and back room talk between the last day of the H&A up to trade week. The AFL guides each through a mediation process.

Teams have 24 hours after opening up discussions during trade week to get the deal done. The trained mediator has a fair idea of player worth based on age, experience, accolades, player type, current/previous contract and potential new contract. The mediator guides the two (or more) parties to a fair deal within a confined time limit.

Like having ADHD, the extra time frame until deadline doesn’t actually help recruitment teams, players and agents get the trades done.

Yet, clowns don't want to acquire a dual AA flanker with a deadly peg...
It's ****ing insane.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

You just don't spend that kind of draft capital on a flanker. Doesn't matter how many times he's been part of the AA media circle-jerk.

If we want someone just because they have a deadly peg we might as well bring back Bread Mckenzie.

I totally understand that perspective but I think he'd need to be 2-3 years younger for me to be on board with it.

I wouldn't be devastated if we paid up for him, but my preference is certainly going to the draft with any first rounders. The more talent we can pack into our list before Tasmania come in the better.

We're in somewhat of a fortunate position having high-end first round picks to inject into our list before the draft is diluted even more than it is in 2028. I think a large reason we're in the position we're in is because we were a middling team when GWS and Gold Coast entered the league and just before that point - we didn't have the opportunity to bring in any real high-end talented players during that time and it was just compounded by poor list management decisions later on.
Makes good sense. We had little high-talent banked, so when the stars of the earlier generation left, such as Petrie and Harvey, we were left with mostly mediocre players.

You just don't spend that kind of draft capital on a flanker. Doesn't matter how many times he's been part of the AA media circle-jerk.

If we want someone just because they have a deadly peg we might as well bring back Bread Mckenzie.
Another unhinged clown.

So Bread McKenzie is the equivalent of Dan Houston.

Have a lay down mate.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Are there many blokes who've requested a trade and then not gotten their wish? I'm just trying to imagine what the locker room would be like when the trade doesn't go through.

'Ah well, welcome back Dan, obviously you're not 100% committed to the club or you wouldn't have asked to leave in the first place, and now we're just gonna play 23 games with you and act as if nothing happened.'

Seems like the sort of thing that would piss off some more diehard players within a squad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are there many blokes who've requested a trade and then not gotten their wish? I'm just trying to imagine what the locker room would be like when the trade doesn't go through.

'Ah well, welcome back Dan, obviously you're not 100% committed to the club or you wouldn't have asked to leave in the first place, and now we're just gonna play 23 games with you and act as if nothing happened.'

Seems like the sort of thing that would piss off some more diehard players within a squad
Papley

Zoomba, the great Wayne Carey himself requested to be traded home to Adelaide at the start of his career. We know how that ended up.

Ryan O'Keefe was desperate to get to Hawthorn in 2011 and in 2012 won a Norm Smith playing against them

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back