List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

PicksClubsResult
Pick TradeBrisbane & RichmondRichmond receives Brisbane's 1R Pick (pick 20)
Brisbane receives Richmond's 2R (32,42), 3R (43,45) Picks
Pick TradeCarlton & BrisbaneCarlton receives Brisbane's R4 (73), 2025 R2 Pick
Brisbane receives Carlton's R2(34), R4(66)
Pick TradeCarlton & HawthornCarlton receives Hawthorn's R1(14) pick
Hawthorn receives Carlton's 2025 R1, R2 (tied to Carlton) picks

Brisbane trade its 2024 Round 1 selection (currently 20) to Richmond for two 2024 Round 2 selections (currently 32 and 42) and two 2024 Round 3 selections (currently 43 and 45) in the 2024 Telstra AFL Draft.

Carlton trade its 2024 Round 2 selection (currently 34) and 2024 Round 4 selection (currently 66) to Brisbane for its 2024 Round 4 selection (currently 73) and 2025 Round 2 selection in the 2024 and 2025 Telstra AFL Drafts respectively.

Carlton trade its 2025 Round 1 selection and 2025 Round 2 selection (tied to Carlton) to Hawthorn for its 2024 Round 1 selection (currently 14) in the 2024 and 2025 Telstra AFL Drafts respectively.

PlayerOriginal ClubTrade/FANew ClubResult
Isaac CummingGWSUFAAdelaideEnd of Round 1 Compo (pick 21) to GWS
Josh BattleSt KildaUFAHawthornRound 1 Compo (Pick 8) to St.Kilda
Tom CampbellSt KildaDFAMelbourneNo Compensation
Harry PerrymanGWSUFACollingwoodRound 1 Compo (Pick 16) to GWS
Elliott HimmelbergAdelaideUFAGold CoastNo Compensation
Nick HaynesGWSUFACarltonNo Compensation
Alex Neal-BullenMelbourneTradeAdelaideRound 2 Pick (28) to Melbourne
Jack DarlingWest CoastTradeNorth MelbourneRound 4 pick (68) to WCE
Jack GrahamRichmondUFAWest CoastEnd of Round 2 Compo (Pick 42) to Richmond

Last edited:

Apparently there's news Melbourne is willing to trade heavily to do 5 and 13 for 2 and 44. Surely North accepts that. It seems way overs, especially if the rumours are true re: you wanting Tauru.

I'd imagine highest Tigers would bid would be 6 and 18.
That's a good offer Danog, if true from Melbourne and IF the tigers make an offer, I very much doubt they offer 6 and 18, that would be rejected quicker than a John West tuna, when you guys have got all your picks in place, I think you'll really want that pick 2 to get the best talent in your recruiters eyes to go with that pick 1 so it will be a lot better.

I also know with some of your supporters as well as some of ours that the question arises "why would a team trade up in such an even draft? This is probably the most illogical question I've heard for quite awhile and even some journo's run with it when they can't be bothered to do some research and the answer is very simple, to get one of the top six midfielders in this draft, and because these six are very very good.

I'd question BBB, think some bias there. Cost what nearly 4m for 4 yrs and played around 45 games and kicked around 60 odd goals over the 4 yrs.... did that 3 times per yr for us!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
As I said, he missed a lot of footy so he wouldn't have been much use to us. His form was patchy at GoDeez but he played particularly well in the grand final that won Melbourne its premiership. Given premierships are what it's all about, he did well enough. Certainly better than the others.

Getting 5 and 13 would be a sensational trade for 2. Get Tauru and a prospect like Berry (or a slider like potentially Smillie). Gonna be plenty of great options around that area.

Be realistic, which clubs are we leap frogging next season?
All Of Them GIF by MOODMAN

#Flagroos

Are there many blokes who've requested a trade and then not gotten their wish? I'm just trying to imagine what the locker room would be like when the trade doesn't go through.

'Ah well, welcome back Dan, obviously you're not 100% committed to the club or you wouldn't have asked to leave in the first place, and now we're just gonna play 23 games with you and act as if nothing happened.'

Seems like the sort of thing that would piss off some more diehard players within a squad

Papley
Daniher
Dunkley
Okeefe
Gibbs
Xerri

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I dunno, I know we've got our problems, but if I'm a Freo supporter and someone says we'll give 10, 11 and 18 for Baker and Bolton, I'd be asking about what the list managers are smoking

Yeah, I don't really rate Baker, he is an undersized sub 20 disposal midfielder, not sure who he dispaces or what role he would play at Fremantle. I think Bolton has talent and is worthy of a decent pick, but Richmond has ask for a significant premium on their players.

I'll be honest, I am not sure if any of them would have achieved a whole lot without Hardwick and Chopsticks and just the way they played and assembled their list at that point in time. Not even Hardwick could get the most out of these players once Chopsticks was done. Fremantle play a very different brand of footy and I have doubts they will have the same impact they had at Richmond.

For whatever reasons, whenever a SA or WA player wants to go home, the clubs there tend to make the effort to take them in regardless if it is the best thing for their club or not and they don't seem to take into consideration if the game style will suit, ie Kelly to West Coast. He worked well at Geelong because he wasn't carrying that midfield. It was just a very different scenario at the Eagles.

I think Bolton will be worth a good pick, but the premium is insane.

So, with Parker, Houston, and to a lesser extent, Darling, and natural progression of the list, you can't see any improvement occurring?

Board the joint up then I guess

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app
If we can expect:

- similar+ years from Xerri, LDU, Larkey

- 10-20% improvement from Wardlaw, Sheezel, McKercher, Duursma, Archer, RHJ, Comben, Powell, Curtis, Ford

-20% improvement from Simpkin, Zurhaar and Corr (ie. don’t play them when they’re underdone)

-AND add in Parker & Darling to assist and develop the younger brigade,

THEN, at minimum we win 7-8 matches.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not saying I disagree but which senior players should've we retained?
The one bit of list management buffoonery that doesn't get as much coverage was delisting Harvey, Petrie, Firrito, and Dal Santo without having Daniel Wells' signature on a new contract. Wellsy didn't get on the park as often as Collingwood would have liked but still, it remains a lesson in mismanagement. If you're going to cut deep into your leadership, make sure that the ones you want to keep are locked in.

Dermie is good. He always has a pretty reasoned take on how we are going rather than the usual lazy takes.
He also actually has some super insightful reads of the game and players. If only he wasn’t so egotistical and knew the meaning of every word he said.

He is a useful and insightful meme football commentator.

The one bit of list management buffoonery that doesn't get as much coverage was delisting Harvey, Petrie, Firrito, and Dal Santo without having Daniel Wells' signature on a new contract. Wellsy didn't get on the park as often as Collingwood would have liked but still, it remains a lesson in mismanagement. If you're going to cut deep into your leadership, make sure that the ones you want to keep are locked in.
Not having Drew and Wells finish at North was unforgivable. Retiring Harvey was unforgivable and stupid.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back