List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

PicksClubsResult
Pick TradeBrisbane & RichmondRichmond receives Brisbane's 1R Pick (pick 20)
Brisbane receives Richmond's 2R (32,42), 3R (43,45) Picks
Pick TradeCarlton & BrisbaneCarlton receives Brisbane's R4 (73), 2025 R2 Pick
Brisbane receives Carlton's R2(34), R4(66)
Pick TradeCarlton & HawthornCarlton receives Hawthorn's R1(14) pick
Hawthorn receives Carlton's 2025 R1, R2 (tied to Carlton) picks

Brisbane trade its 2024 Round 1 selection (currently 20) to Richmond for two 2024 Round 2 selections (currently 32 and 42) and two 2024 Round 3 selections (currently 43 and 45) in the 2024 Telstra AFL Draft.

Carlton trade its 2024 Round 2 selection (currently 34) and 2024 Round 4 selection (currently 66) to Brisbane for its 2024 Round 4 selection (currently 73) and 2025 Round 2 selection in the 2024 and 2025 Telstra AFL Drafts respectively.

Carlton trade its 2025 Round 1 selection and 2025 Round 2 selection (tied to Carlton) to Hawthorn for its 2024 Round 1 selection (currently 14) in the 2024 and 2025 Telstra AFL Drafts respectively.

PlayerOriginal ClubTrade/FANew ClubResult
Isaac CummingGWSUFAAdelaideEnd of Round 1 Compo (pick 21) to GWS
Josh BattleSt KildaUFAHawthornRound 1 Compo (Pick 8) to St.Kilda
Tom CampbellSt KildaDFAMelbourneNo Compensation
Harry PerrymanGWSUFACollingwoodRound 1 Compo (Pick 16) to GWS
Elliott HimmelbergAdelaideUFAGold CoastNo Compensation
Nick HaynesGWSUFACarltonNo Compensation
Alex Neal-BullenMelbourneTradeAdelaideRound 2 Pick (28) to Melbourne
Jack DarlingWest CoastTradeNorth MelbourneRound 4 pick (68) to WCE
Jack GrahamRichmondUFAWest CoastEnd of Round 2 Compo (Pick 42) to Richmond

Last edited:

Confused Gary Coleman GIF

What's really weird about that is from round 10 2015 we won 11 of 16 games and won the next/first nine games in 2016.

That's 20 of 25 games including the last nine. Do that in one season and you win the flag and win 18 games in the H&A and its considered a great season by any measure.

LOL.

Look how quickly Melbourne, Richmond and Collingwood imploded. It can happen quickly.

Inside info. George is no guarantee to stay.
Whether this specific bit of info is true or not, the undeniable truth is that he's won one game (lol) in his first two years at the club. He hasn't won a game since his first Gatorade shower, and he took a year and a half to get that. It's just about the most succinct encapsulation of our shitness, maybe aside from that historical five-year record thing.

It's this sort of thing which makes hand-wringing over offering our f1 for Houston a bit misguided imo. We don't want to give our f1 away because it will probably be a top 3 pick. And if it is a top 3 pick, George will probably have won five games tops in his first three years. At a whopping average of 1.66 wins a year. And will be desperately wanting it to end. Others like him will be feeling the same.

The time is now or the needle will move into the red as far as North players wanting success are concerned. Not saying he or others are gone or anything close to that, but the clock ticks in situations like these. It just does. It's why I'm more than game to give up an f1 for Houston, because it's a concrete move that challenges the club to win games. We're capable of a 10th-11th placed finish with this squad right now, in my firm opinion. But no one really believes it apart from a select few. I don't even know if Clarko believes it

Whether this specific bit of info is true or not, the undeniable truth is that he's won one game (lol) in his first two years at the club. He hasn't won a game since his first Gatorade shower, and he took a year and a half to get that. It's just about the most succinct encapsulation of our shitness, maybe aside from that historical five-year record thing.

It's this sort of thing which makes hand-wringing over offering our f1 for Houston a bit misguided imo. We don't want to give our f1 away because it will probably be a top 3 pick. And if it is a top 3 pick, George will probably have won five games tops in his first three years. And will be desperately wanting it to end. Others like him will be feeling the same.

The time is now or the needle will move into the red as far as North players wanting success are concerned. Not saying he or others are gone or anything close to that, but the clock ticks in situations like these. It just does. It's why I'm more than game to give up an f1 for Houston, because it's a concrete move that challenges the club to win games. We're capable of a 10th-11th placed finish with this squad right now, in my firm opinion. But no one really believes it apart from a select few. I don't even know if Clarko believes it
Are you the same person I was drinking with today?

I learned a lot about george today.. and what I walked away with was… George knows he’s a gun

It's this sort of thing which makes hand-wringing over offering our f1 for Houston a bit misguided imo. We don't want to give our f1 away because it will probably be a top 3 pick. And if it is a top 3 pick, George will probably have won five games tops in his first three years. And will be desperately wanting it to end. Others like him will be feeling the same.

But, but, what about the shiny new generational draftee in 2025?..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Something doesn't add up here.

George knows he's a gun?

George MAY be a gun in the future, but there is a lot of work he needs to do before he can say he's a gun ie., strength, fitness to run out 4 quarters, skill improvement, etc

Seems we have a lot of players on our list who overrate themselves & it's not justified as yet coz we've won 3/5's of F all in the last 4 years.

It's this sort of thing which makes hand-wringing over offering our f1 for Houston a bit misguided imo. We don't want to give our f1 away because it will probably be a top 3 pick. And if it is a top 3 pick, George will probably have won five games tops in his first three years. At a whopping average of 1.66 wins a year. And will be desperately wanting it to end. Others like him will be feeling the same.

Or those young players, including George, take ownership, dig in and make a difference.

Or those young players, including George, take ownership, dig in and make a difference.
He busts his arse already. Ok, so he can still improve his fitness and bridge the gap between his best and his worst kicks, and I would expect him to do so, but he absolutely cracks in already, and has done since minute one. I'm starting to feel that the thing that's wrong with the club is like a vapour from an invisible source. Suffocating yet utterly mysterious.

It is just a matter of poor leadership, poor training standards, stunted Clarko, broken belief, and positional holes? Does all that overpower the talent we have to the degree that we win six games in the past 46? Four in our past 44? Whilst Richmond, with half a team of no-namers, wins just one game less than us in 2024, and probably should've scared us much more than they did in our match-up? I dunno. Feels almost supernatural at this point, our crapness. I really can't blame any player for having second thoughts about contract extensions and so on, as much as I'd like them to strap themselves in for the long haul. Something still feels fundamentally wrong, the same as it did in 2021, and it really shouldn't at this point

Last edited:
He busts his arse already. Ok, so he can still improve his fitness and bridge the gap between his best and his worst kicks, and I would expect him to do so, but he absolutely cracks in already, and has done since minute one. I'm starting to feel that the thing that's wrong with the club is like a vapour from an invisible source. Suffocating yet utterly mysterious.

It is just a matter of poor leadership, poor training standards, stunted Clarko, broken belief, and positional holes? Does all that overpower the talent we have to the degree that we win six games in the past 46? Four in our past 44? Whilst Richmond, with half a team of no-namers, wins just one game less than us in 2024, and probably should've scared us much more than they did in our match-up? I dunno. Feels almost supernatural at this point, our crapness. I really can't blame any player for having second thoughts about contract extensions and so on, as much as I'd like them to strap themselves in for the long haul. Something still feels fundamentally wrong, the same as it did in 2021, and it really shouldn't at this point
Well darling and parker really are not going to be the potion that instantly improves this team, they are longer term teaching value. Your sense that the team still feels wrong is pretty valid until we get genuine depth, decent kpf and a decent small forward. Years off still imo.

Well darling and parker really are not going to be the potion that instantly improves this team, they are longer term teaching value. Your sense that the team still feels wrong is pretty valid until we get genuine depth, decent kpf and a decent small forward. Years off still imo.
Disagree that we're years off in terms of getting off the bottom, but contending, maybe. Getting off the bottom then would make a seven or eight year rebuild, which is almost unheard of. Years/decades of mediocrity interspersed with periods at the bottom, sure, but abject crapness? Nah.

Comben is my extremely tentative answer to the key forward question, though another bloke would be handy. Small forward is a glaring hole. I don't buy that fixing those two things would make us something like four/five games better though. And that's because we should be further on from where we are even with those holes.

That's what I mean by something being wrong, it's the fact that we're less than the sum of our parts. I mean, have many bottom two teams ever been less than the sum of their parts? Usually it's just cos the team has shit skills, but our situation is different, because although we have players with inconsistent skills, we played periods this year (albeit, not many) that generally wooden spoon teams wouldn't be able to reach. Suggesting that we're capable of much better. We also already have around double the top 5 picks that most other cellar dwelling teams will have, which elevates our ability to play good football more than the usual cellar dwelling team. But why don't we do that consistently? Because we're shit. But we shouldn't be as shit as we are, because we know that our best football is that of a much, much better team, and that we have cavalry that as a collective should be showing more than they are. So why exactly are we so shit? (And this is where the intangible 'something wrong' comes in). We're not quite sure on the specifics, but let's pile on another top 5 pick and see what happens. And so the loop goes, for eternity perhaps, until we have a team of Sheezels, McKerchers and LDUs running around, and are scraping 8th place finishes because North Melbourne is still handicapped by whatever the **** is hanging over the club right now

Last edited:
But, but, what about the shiny new generational draftee in 2025?..
Yeah, it's ****ing hilarious reading about the 67 yr old lock down back pocket with shit skills who is always injured for our f1 with nothing back.

There is no length they won't go to shit can Houston, and the club because they want to finish bottom 2 again for the next shiny new toy.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back